PDA

View Full Version : From the North....the Minnesota wench

Michu
06-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Intro's are always awkward but here I go. I'm a noob to wenching (well, at Faire's that is). I've been attending the local renfest for years always wandering around with my eyes wide and innocent, watching all the shocking antics and thinking....that looks like FUN!!! So now, this year, I'm stepping up and into garb (hopefully if I can find what I want), and stepping out.

Good to meet you all and looking forward to my time here.

Phew...all that and I didn't have to mention that I like cats, long walks on the beach and zombie movies....so it wasn't that bad! ::ike::

'Chelle
06-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Hi from another newbie from further north.

I loved Zombieland, don't know if my cats did :wink:

Kathryn Blakeley
06-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the fun!! :hi:

Kyrera
06-02-2010, 05:51 PM
HI hello and welcome *rotfl*

Stolenhalo6
06-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Welcome from another MN wench! If you're looking for another faire buddy to hang out with, let me know. I hope to go at least once a weekend this year.

Michu
06-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Welcome from another MN wench! If you're looking for another faire buddy to hang out with, let me know. I hope to go at least once a weekend this year.

I always love meeting new people!! I'll post more when I know the day we end up going.

And thank you everyone else for the warm welcomes.

'Chelle: I LOVED Zombieland....Rule #32....its my new motto.

LadyLanen
06-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Welcome welcome! I have family up that way but Upstate NY is cold enough for me thanks! :)

renren
06-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Yay! Welcome! The Minnesota crowd is growing! I'm from the northern part of the state, but I usually make it down to Shakopee once or twice a run!

Michu
06-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Yay! Welcome! The Minnesota crowd is growing! I'm from the northern part of the state, but I usually make it down to Shakopee once or twice a run!

yeah, I might get up there a few times myself this year. So many different groups of my friends want to go and trying to get people together on a single weekend, ay ya ya....the headaches...

But I love meeting new people, too bad there isn't a wenches meeting place!

renren
06-24-2010, 01:33 PM
yeah, I might get up there a few times myself this year. So many different groups of my friends want to go and trying to get people together on a single weekend, ay ya ya....the headaches...

But I love meeting new people, too bad there isn't a wenches meeting place!

Hmmm... maybe we'll hafta pick one then! Ideas?

Stolenhalo6
06-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Hmmm... maybe we'll hafta pick one then! Ideas?

That was something I was thinking too. There are a few smaller stage/seating areas near many of the food booths. They're usually shaded and might serve well for a meeting place. I can't think of one in particular but I thought I'd check them out on opening day. I also thought that we should probably take a quick peak at the Little Brown Book before we make anything "official", but it is unfortunately still not up on the new site here.

Isabelle Fawkes
06-25-2010, 12:50 AM
Phew...all that and I didn't have to mention that I like cats, long walks on the beach and zombie movies....so it wasn't that bad! ::ike::

Who doesn't like CATS!

Long walks on the beach...HELLO!

ZOMBIE movies....we should exchange movie titles.....

eeyore
06-25-2010, 02:45 PM
The mead booth is a nice area. Shady seating on the side plus mead! :) I'm usually around that area since my hubby is in the Royal Guard and their encampment is next to it.

I'm there at least once every weekend so hopefully I can meet some of you!

renren
06-25-2010, 03:19 PM
The mead booth is a nice area. Shady seating on the side plus mead! :) I'm usually around that area since my hubby is in the Royal Guard and their encampment is next to it.

I'm there at least once every weekend so hopefully I can meet some of you!

That sounds perfect, IMO!

renren
06-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Would like to add that, if I remember correctly, the IWG cannot officially "practice" act MNRF... but that doesn't mean we can't meet and enjoy the faire!

Stolenhalo6
06-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Would like to add that, if I remember correctly, the IWG cannot officially "practice" act MNRF... but that doesn't mean we can't meet and enjoy the faire!

Good to know.

And now I know where to look for all of you!

serena
07-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Welcome to the forums, from a Northern MN wench.:zen: