PDA

View Full Version : George W. Bush: Confessed War Criminal

Cyranno DeBoberac
06-10-2010, 02:07 AM
I guess this story flew under the radar...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/06/03/2010-06-03_former_president_george_w_bush_we_waterboarded_ khalid_sheik_mohammed_and_id_do_i.html

Sure, we waterboarded Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, former President George W. Bush reportedly said on Tuesday.

And he would "do it again to save lives."

The comments by the nation's 43rd President came while he was speaking to the Economic Club of Grand Rapids, Mich., according to The Associated Press.

[...]

And then there's this:

http://physiciansforhumanrights.org/library/news-2010-06-07.html

Evidence Indicates that the Bush Administration Conducted Experiments and Research on Detainees to Design Torture Techniques and Create Legal Cover

Illegal Activity Would Violate Nuremberg Code and Could Open Door to Prosecution

(Cambridge, MA) In the most comprehensive investigation to date of health professionals' involvement in the CIA's "enhanced" interrogation program (EIP), Physicians For Human Rights has uncovered evidence that indicates the Bush administration apparently conducted illegal and unethical human experimentation and research on detainees in CIA custody. The apparent experimentation and research appear to have been performed to provide legal cover for torture, as well as to help justify and shape future procedures and policies governing the use of the "enhanced" interrogation techniques. The PHR report, Experiments in Torture: Human Subject Research and Evidence of Experimentation in the 'Enhanced' Interrogation Program, is the first to provide evidence that CIA medical personnel engaged in the crime of illegal experimentation after 9/11, in addition to the previously disclosed crime of torture.

[...]

I'm only posting this because I'm sure that some of you were wondering when Bush's demons would catch up with him. You're welcome.

The 6th Rogue
06-10-2010, 02:04 PM
We're less evil than they are. Case closed. ;-)

Cyranno DeBoberac
06-10-2010, 05:24 PM
We're less evil than they are. Case closed. ;-)

To quote Chris Rock, "what do you want, a cookie?" :-)

We're supposed to be less evil. But we probably should strive to set the bar slightly higher than "less evil than terrorists", no?

The 6th Rogue
06-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Like I have to keep telling the hippies: we can run around barefoot and love one another AFTER we've killed off all the people that want us dead, not before.

Cyranno DeBoberac
06-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Like I have to keep telling the hippies: we can run around barefoot and love one another AFTER we've killed off all the people that want us dead, not before.

So those are our only two options? Either be barefoot hippies, or freely torture and conduct experiments on people whom we think might be our enemies?

Pssst! Your excluded middle is showing.

Not all the detainees were actual terrorists or combatants. Some were people who were just turned in as such by their fellow countrymen with whom they had their owe internal conflict and who got cash bounties for turning them in. Of course, even though they didn't want to kill us before, the way we treated them has radicalized them and now they do. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Lady Laurel
06-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Interesting... Why do I smell propaganda???
Who did the investigation? How comprehensive was it... How many lives were saved in all these processes? Just curious?
O wait its PHR? Now lets find out what there agenda is... I am sorry there has bee to much negativity come out about Bush lately its to much and to recent. I am not conspiracy theorist but it sure as hell seems to me people want you to read about Bush and not the recent headlines going on.... Like maybe the oil spill.. To many agendas at play... Also, lets look at historically the CIA has always done what they have wanted...Torture has been going on a lot longer than the Bush administration.

The 6th Rogue
06-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Uh..Cyrano...how did you read something as simple as "killed off" and get that half gallon of verbage from it? Stop putting words in my mouth unless it's something like "THIS...IS...SPARTA!!!"

I've got a very black and white view of it - we live peaceful and quiet and content until someone decides we must die. Then, in the words of Malcolm Reynolds; "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."

Back in the days when terrorists were 99.99% loud mouthed blow hards they were funny and fun to give a moment's notice and then ignore, case in point would be the film "True Lies." Sadly those days are on hold while we do some surgery to pull out some human cancer from the gene pool.

Cyranno DeBoberac
06-11-2010, 09:32 PM
I've got a very black and white view of it

Well, yeah. That's the problem.

Cyranno DeBoberac
06-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Interesting... Why do I smell propaganda???

I guess you have to want it.

Who did the investigation? How comprehensive was it... How many lives were saved in all these processes? Just curious?
O wait its PHR? Now lets find out what there agenda is...

How about the first article that has nothing to do with PHR, the straight up public confession?

I am sorry there has bee to much negativity come out about Bush lately its to much and to recent.

Um. Too recent?

We've had years and years of negativity coming out about Bush.

But yeah, I'm sure it's all made up.

el
06-12-2010, 12:22 PM
The world is NOT black and white. There are a whole helluva lot of people pissed at the US for our foreign policy in the past (and rightly so I might add). The more terrorists you kill, the more there will be. The "war on terror" is a freakin' joke. It's an impossibility but it gives people the illusion that they're safer.

Sure there's negative stuff coming out about Bush now, because people are finally free to say it without fear of reprisal.

The 6th Rogue
06-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Well, yeah. That's the problem.

Not for me it isn't.