PDA

View Full Version : June or July Activities

rosefaeries
06-14-2010, 03:54 PM
OK, school has prevented me from participating in much of anything. That and the fact I live clear past Timbuktu doesn't help much either.

I have this week off from school and then I start back to school on Monday. The good news is for the first four weeks of the term , I only have three classes. A day activity on Friday or Saturday I can participate in. Even an overnighter on those same days would be possible.

While the camping trip fourth of July is out for me, would it be possible to do something on other dates?

I know I want to get to the Portland Zoo. They have the prehistoric predators display up.

Is there anything fun going on in the Portland area?

What about a trip to the coast?

Any other suggestions?

Mistress_Autumn
06-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Hey, hun! :D

Any time you're up to heading to Lacey, WA, you're more than welcome to hang at my place. Even if we don't have anything "official" going on, there's usually something happening at my house.

I do, after all, live in "The Crazy House of Crazy... But in a Good Way!" tm.

If nothing else, I'm sure that there are at least a few ladies that have nothing going on on Friday/Saturday besides me.

As for the 4th's thing. Hun, I'm usually very flexible! If you can only make it Friday/Saturday... Then come then! We can stretch the "camping" out till whenever and I'm sure there will be some overlap at some point.

I'd offer to head down to Portland... but Doc says "I don't think so". *glares at doc* I'm still healing from my hysterectomy. (and a couple of popped stitches...)

*hugs* I'm always available for talking to, though! (PM on the way.)

~Autumn

rosefaeries
06-16-2010, 01:37 AM
Thanks that is good to know. Especially since I am already suffering from a bit of cabin fever. The high pollen counts is keeping me indoors. Asthma and that high count just don't mix.

I will be at the Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene this Friday and Saturday though. I hope to find a wool picker or a drum carder. And on Saturday, I am taking an elderly friend there and pushing her around in her wheelchair. That is if the pollen counts get low enough for her to go outside.

Danicia de Lontra
06-18-2010, 02:19 AM
I'm pretty much booked solid on weekends through to August. :) I might have time free next weekend, but otherwise I'm out of town most of July and half of August.

If you're in the Seattle area, I do host a monthly board games night at our house. If you're interested in attending, pop me a PM and we can talk about the location & details. Plus, we're always up for pub meets around Greenwood/Fremont-ish area (We're north of Seattle) during the week. Since my husband gets up at 5:30am for work, we're rarely out past 9pm on "school nights".

SHpepperKat
06-18-2010, 03:43 AM
I am trying to figure out what this weekend thing is of which you are all speaking. I work at night in a hotel, there's no such thing as a weekend here. I am only sure that I am getting Faire weekend off bceause I told them when I got hired that I had this planned and that it was prepaid and everything. That's why some of the dates for things that Autumn is planning are weird days. It's my days off. I play hell getting anything else off. I keep hoping something will open up during the day and during the week, but right now, It is what it is. I would love to hear all about any fuin adventures that you do manage to have and hopefully soon, I will be able to join in on them.

Danicia de Lontra
06-18-2010, 02:24 PM
I work at night in a hotel, there's no such thing as a weekend here.

I totally get that. I worked for 10 years in Hospitality and then 14 years doing tech support. Even in my current role, if a holiday falls within Mon-Fri, I end up working. :)

Do we have a main list on where everyone is located? Could make a list of each small "hub" of people and then coordinate things with whomever is local. I know that's harder to the folks away from the big cities.

Mistress_Autumn
06-18-2010, 10:21 PM
I totally get that. I worked for 10 years in Hospitality and then 14 years doing tech support. Even in my current role, if a holiday falls within Mon-Fri, I end up working. :)

Do we have a main list on where everyone is located? Could make a list of each small "hub" of people and then coordinate things with whomever is local. I know that's harder to the folks away from the big cities.
I once attempted to get something like that put together... I'm still willing to do it. If everyone could PM me with city+state, I can make a map up which would be easy to manage.:-D

Danicia de Lontra
06-19-2010, 01:44 AM
I once attempted to get something like that put together... I'm still willing to do it. If everyone could PM me with city+state, I can make a map up which would be easy to manage.:-D

Sounds GREAT! PM coming your way!

SHpepperKat
06-19-2010, 03:25 AM
Autumn has my info. Anyone else wanting it please send me a PM and I will send it to you.

Mistress_Autumn
06-19-2010, 06:57 PM
I've got a map of sorts up. Still need some other people's info, but we've got 6 on it right now.