PDA

View Full Version : Which faire is CRF?

Buxom Wench
06-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Need to know where this is.

Thanks

Isabelle Fawkes
06-25-2010, 09:58 AM
As far as I know its the Colorado Ren Faire.

Tempest_Gypsy
06-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Carolina Renaissance Festival, just north of Charlotte, NC is also called CRF.

Buxom Wench
06-25-2010, 10:58 AM
*sigh*

OK. At least that narrows it down a bit.

MaidenFaeSnow
06-25-2010, 12:47 PM
http://www.royalfaires.com/carolina/

Ysobelle
06-25-2010, 01:01 PM
If this is concerning what I think it is, it's been taken care of. If it goes any further, well, you'll know. We'll all know. Gleefully.

Phoenix McHeit
06-25-2010, 01:32 PM
If this is concerning what I think it is, it's been taken care of. If it goes any further, well, you'll know. We'll all know. Gleefully.

Wow, cryptic much?

webmistress
06-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Phee - some members have been receiving a concerning private message from a new forum member that pertains to a planned "surprise event" at CRF. The event is inappropriate (and against guild rules) at best, and the PM is soliciting strangers to participate. If the PMs don't stop, the PM will be posted, in it's entirety, thereby both ruining the "surprise" and letting the other forum members know what sort of classless character the new forum member is.

Nikki, Lars and I are hoping it won't come to that, but we're prepared to bring the ugly just long enough to make this issue come to an end.

It will be dealt with, one way or another. It's nothing to worry about.

MaidenFaeSnow
06-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I got that PM too. Just figured it was a newbie who didn't know better with a side of SPAM.

Phee - some members have been receiving a concerning private message from a new forum member that pertains to a planned "surprise event" at CRF. The event is inappropriate (and against guild rules) at best, and the PM is soliciting strangers to participate. If the PMs don't stop, the PM will be posted, in it's entirety, thereby both ruining the "surprise" and letting the other forum members know what sort of classless character the new forum member is.

Nikki, Lars and I are hoping it won't come to that, but we're prepared to bring the ugly just long enough to make this issue come to an end.

It will be dealt with, one way or another. It's nothing to worry about.

Phoenix McHeit
06-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Awww... now I feel all left out and unwanted and such. :snicker:

Glad I don't need a shower after reading PM's. ::freakyf:

One thing I know for dayum sure - you don't wanna mess with Snipe.

MaidenFaeSnow
06-25-2010, 07:39 PM
I received an apology message after sending a pm to her asking why she sent that message to me.

In case you, (the person who sent the messages) are reading this, perhaps you could have introduced yourself to us in the Welcome Wagon forum and then posted a note in the Wench Watch forum to get a feel for who might be at CRF this year. Then you could have sent asked-for info to those who wanted it rather than spamming random people. :unamused:

GoodyTombShoes
06-30-2010, 09:23 AM
I just found the same message in my R/F forum mailbox. :unamused:

Ysobelle
06-30-2010, 11:51 AM
I just found the same message in my R/F forum mailbox. :unamused:

Sigh. Which one, the one about stripping some guy to his underwear and shoving him out the door, or the one acknowledging it's a stupid idea?

Now I'm getting pissed.

Buxom Wench
06-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Yso, you've seen the PM's between she & I.

She. Just. Doesn't. Get. It. *shakes head*

Ysobelle
06-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Goody, what forum is R/F?

RaevynCait
06-30-2010, 06:49 PM
Goody, what forum is R/F?
Renaissancefestival.com (http://www.renaissancefestival.com)

Jess Devyne
06-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Please, please, PLEASE tell me this was Carolina and not Colorado!

I just spoke with the ED at Colorado last weekend and have her ready to listen to me about why we Wenches should be allowed to play at faire (wench walks, wenching, marching/singing in parade, etc)

GoodyTombShoes
06-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Renaissancefestival.com (http://www.renaissancefestival.com)
That's the one. I reported the post there.

Ysobelle
07-01-2010, 01:18 AM
Let me know how they handle it there.

Phoenix McHeit
07-02-2010, 03:04 PM
It's not over. Apparently she's giving out IM addresses (culled from profiles here) to random people. Here's the exchange I just had, with a very understanding person. It began with an offline message saying we had a mutual friend, and asking if I like the Ren Faire. Then this happened:

Lee Wilson: Ok well that is why I guess Tonya had me add you. It is nice to meet you.

Me: Ok well, I don't know any Tonya - does she go to Faire?

Lee Wilson: Yes she goes to the Faire here in NC. The Carolina Ren Faire

Me: oh no - does this have anything to do with a 'surprise' planned for someone?

Lee Wilson: I have no idea about a surprise.

Me: ok well I don't know anybody from NC - I don't live anywhere near there. This is kinda weird, that someone I don't know is giving out my contact information to other people I don't know.

Lee Wilson: I understand. I was like " who is she " when I got the message to add you.
Lee Wilson: I would not have added you had I known before hand

Me: I gotta tell you, your friend is spamming a board I'm on, and now she's giving out my contact info to people I don't know - that I don't like. At all.
Me: She got this contact info from that board - and that's more than a little creepy

Lee Wilson: Oh ok I am sorry and I did not know about that. I apologize for bothering you. If you want me to I can delete you from my friends list

Me: Yes, I'd appreciate it. Thank you

Lee Wilson: You are more than welcome and again I am sorry

Fan-fucking-tastic. :unamused: Beware ladies.

Buxom Wench
07-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Phee, I think you were communicating with the guy that is to be the victim of the "surprise".

Phoenix McHeit
07-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I thought that might be the case. But then why would she be giving out IM contacts, if it's supposed to stay secret? Wouldn't that kinda increase the chances of somebody spilling the beans?

*headscratch* Oh well - it's all way too bizarre for me anyway. This chick is weird. :unamused: And I'm not thrilled.

Buxom Wench
07-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Personally, I think she's a few fries short of a happy meal. :unamused:

Sweet Lesa
07-02-2010, 11:14 PM
I am very new here and got the pm also. I thought she must have me confused with someone else but apparently not. Poor guy...hope he doesnt fall for it.

BronxGirl
07-03-2010, 01:45 AM
I was feeling left out but logged into YM and there it was! :blech:

Gemdrite
07-03-2010, 02:00 AM
I was feeling left out but logged into YM and there it was! :blech:
Guess I'm lucky, I haven't heard anything at all, though now my curiousity is quite piqued.

Buxom Wench
07-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Guess I'm lucky, I haven't heard anything at all, though now my curiousity is quite piqued.

Sigh. Which one, the one about stripping some guy to his underwear and shoving him out the door, or the one acknowledging it's a stupid idea?

Now I'm getting pissed.

Personally, I think the entire PM should be put on here since it can show what Wenches are NOT about. I would do it but, I deleted it already.

I sent her a PM telling her to rethink her idea and she came back with something to the effect of "Rose Tag is the same sort of deal so why can't I shove this guy out in his skimpy underwear?" (para-phrasing)

Seriously, if someone tried to do this to me, I would rethink who my friends are.

MaidenFaeSnow
07-03-2010, 08:52 AM
The fact that she is passing on contact info and doesn't seem to have a real interest in coming to this forum to socialize with us and rather used it as a means to her own ends really bothers me. As much as I would like to post the PM, I'll leave that decision up to Snipe.

BronxGirl
07-03-2010, 12:59 PM
I feel sorry for the poor guy. He was very apologetic to me.

I would like to see the PM she was sending people since I didn't get that.

Ysobelle
07-03-2010, 02:04 PM
The fact that she is passing on contact info and doesn't seem to have a real interest in coming to this forum to socialize with us and rather used it as a means to her own ends really bothers me. As much as I would like to post the PM, I'll leave that decision up to Snipe.

Don't worry-- she knows. Both of these girls sound somewhat insane, and they can both take their crazy elsewhere, far as I'm concerned.

Next!

Gemdrite
07-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Well, despite the fact that I never said I was feeling left out, apparently no lesson is being learned by the perpetrators of this plot, because I just got a Yahoo message telling me exactly what they are planning. This sounds horrible, and I really think this plan needs to be outted before it occurs.

BronxGirl
07-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Holy Jesus on a Pogo Stick! I just got an IM from her. What really is her problem?

Ysobelle
07-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Can you guys tell me which woman it is sending the IMs? And her forum name, if you know it? At this point, I've lost track of exactly which one we're dealing with.

Phoenix McHeit
07-03-2010, 03:54 PM
My unsuspecting IM buddy said her name was Tonya, and I got the PM from Tonya_Geddings. I'm assuming they're the same gal.

Ysobelle
07-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Is she the one saying, "Gasp! What a horrible idea!" or "Hey, guys! Listen to what WE'RE gonna do!"

Gemdrite
07-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Can you guys tell me which woman it is sending the IMs? And her forum name, if you know it? At this point, I've lost track of exactly which one we're dealing with.
I would, but for some reason my Yahoo archive didn't save the message. I know first part of the Yahoo name was Tonya. I also know that her yahoo name and her forum name (if she is part of the forums) aren't the same, cause I tried to find her here and couldn't.

Edit: Phee's person is my person! And she was saying "Here's what we are going to do! Isn't it funny?!"

Ysobelle
07-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Tonya Geddings has been banned. Let her be a childish idiot somewhere else.

I mean, it's 4th of July weekend! Don't we have more important things to worry about? Like do we have enough hot dogs?

Gemdrite
07-03-2010, 04:16 PM

I mean, it's 4th of July weekend! Don't we have more important things to worry about? Like do we have enough hot dogs?
I'm just really hoping their childish antics don't get the Wenches in trouble at the faire. According to the second IM I received, there were 3 of them involved in this, and they have every intention of blackmailing this victim into doing it, as well as videotaping the situation.

Ysobelle
07-03-2010, 04:31 PM
They're not Wenches. Not pinned. Not our demesne, so much as I'd love to strangle them all for their short-bus "Heathers" routine, I can't. Having said that, I'm glad it seems someone's tipped off this Lee guy already, so he's forewarned.

Psyche
07-03-2010, 04:34 PM
I mean, it's 4th of July weekend! Don't we have more important things to worry about? Like do we have enough hot dogs? I have lots - even kosher! Yum!

MaidenFaeSnow
07-03-2010, 07:17 PM

Thank goodness!

John BroadFoot
07-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Wenches,
I am the "go to" face of the Guilds at CRF. I need to know everything you know about this! I and others have worked VERY hard for years to improve our standing and reputation with faire management. I'm planning Invasion, a wedding and all sorts of other mischief for this season. I don't need it ruined by some toolbox who doesn't understand fair. Call me!!!!
-Broadfoot

Gemdrite
07-04-2010, 08:41 PM
I just got another Yahoo IM from sue_ofthsouth22

Not sure if she's been banned from here or not, but I figured I'd let you know.

Ysobelle
07-04-2010, 11:15 PM
I just got another Yahoo IM from sue_ofthsouth22

Not sure if she's been banned from here or not, but I figured I'd let you know.

What did it say?

And John, my heart, I got your message, but I'm not sure I know any more than what's been posted. Whoever these twits are, they're not Guild members, so Lars doesn't have info on them. You want me to ask Snipe for anything?

Gemdrite
07-05-2010, 12:17 AM
What did it say?

And John, my heart, I got your message, but I'm not sure I know any more than what's been posted. Whoever these twits are, they're not Guild members, so Lars doesn't have info on them. You want me to ask Snipe for anything?
When the first blackmailed webcam showing is. And how there will be many more in the future.

Ysobelle
07-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Hold on a second.

Blackmailed webcam? WTF?!

Gemdrite
07-05-2010, 01:12 AM
Hold on a second.

Blackmailed webcam? WTF?!
Oh yeah, apparently they are blackmailing this guy into doing these little stints in his underwear, both at faire and on camera. I'm not sure why they think its funny, but it's really starting to get very creepy.

RaevynCait
07-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Oh yeah, apparently they are blackmailing this guy into doing these little stints in his underwear, both at faire and on camera. I'm not sure why they think its funny, but it's really starting to get very creepy.

Damn! with "friends" like that who needs enemies? What a bunch of JERKOFFS...
Hopefully they won't try to draw a connection to any of our guilds!

Ysobelle
07-05-2010, 01:47 AM
John, perhaps your next step might be to alert CRF that this is going on? To look out for Tonya Geddings?

Lady Sarah
07-05-2010, 01:50 AM
This twatgoblin's been IMing me too. Yes, it was Tonya Geddings. I sent a copy of her first IM to Snipe yesterday morning after she IM'd the plans to me.

Problem is, this guy they're pranking, he IM'd me too, telling me that I was recommended by a friend. He didn't know why, asked if I was involved with RenFaires. We traded posts for about 15 minutes until he finally told me that his friend Tonya gave him my name. It didn't click until yesterday morning when Tonya IM'd me with her grand scheme. I IM'd Lee immediately and copied her message to me about it, hopefully giving him fair warning.

Here's her latest scheme, for the sake of future warning:
tonyageddings (7/4/2010 2:07:32 PM): Greetings to all again ! Lee will be on open web cam Tuesday night !! lmaoooo as he has agreed to our demands, so as to keep something hidden he wishes not to be known by his real life friends. This is the first of, I am sure many times we will be having him on open web cam in nothing more than his undies !! thong undies at that hehehehe for all that wish to add him Lee knows to add any that ask. If you ask to add him and he don't pleaseeeee let me know...we will handle that !! His yahoo id is Lee_m_31

Whatever her malfunction is, she's hellbent on pranking this poor guy. My suggestion is to give him fair warning, if you can, that she's been plotting shit for close to two weeks now, and then let it go. I've already put her on ignore status on my IM.

I can only hope that this bad karma she's generating returns vengefully upon her.

Gemdrite
07-05-2010, 02:20 AM
That's the exact same message I got, from the other screenname.

GoodyTombShoes
07-05-2010, 09:22 AM
This is starting to sound like strange voyeurism to me and I think this man is an active participant. If Phee and others have warned him that his BFF Tonya is going to humiliate him I would hope he'd not add any more people that Tonya gives him. Yet it seems so. Adding people and opening his conversations with , "Hi! do you like renfaires?" and letting us know that Tonya suggested he add you just seems odd. He should not still be actively recruiting people to watch his webcam show. Oh, I'm not saying it's not wrong and grievous, blackmail is a heinous crime, I'm just saying something has gone wonky here. I have no intention of giving these dolts any more attention.

ShadowHawke
07-05-2010, 10:19 AM
I guess I should be thankful that I have yet to be bothered by this individual... it's sad to think that this is the only way some people get their enjoyment and entertainment. Good luck to you all who have been bothered.

- ShadowHawke -

Hope this doesn't post 2x... having internet issues so I won't know until it's too late..If it double posts MODS, please remove the extra. Grrrrr!!!!

Bean
07-05-2010, 11:04 AM
I don't have Yahoo messenger engaged so I haven't had any contact with either party. I second Nikki's idea of notifying CRF staff about this craziness. I had thought of it but didn't post it, and then Yso beat me to it. All it takes is one person in garb to ruin the whole image of the Guilds, even if they aren't members.

AnnaFaerie
07-05-2010, 02:32 PM
This is starting to sound like strange voyeurism to me and I think this man is an active participant. If Phee and others have warned him that his BFF Tonya is going to humiliate him I would hope he'd not add any more people that Tonya gives him. Yet it seems so. Adding people and opening his conversations with , "Hi! do you like renfaires?" and letting us know that Tonya suggested he add you just seems odd. He should not still be actively recruiting people to watch his webcam show. Oh, I'm not saying it's not wrong and grievous, blackmail is a heinous crime, I'm just saying something has gone wonky here. I have no intention of giving these dolts any more attention.

I think the guy is in on it too.

It sounds like he is enjoying this also.

What a bunch of fruits.

Ysobelle
07-05-2010, 07:45 PM
I think we're all officially being trolled by ALL of these people. John, I'd give CRF a heads-up that these monkeys have escaped the zoo.

Lady Sarah
07-06-2010, 11:34 AM
I don't know about the guy being in on it. *shrug* but then I like to see the best in people.

Here's what he had to say this morning:

lee_m_31 3:58 PM 7/5
Hi and I want to thank you for letting me know of what they had planned for me. It has now been taken care of by me and I assure you nothing like that will happen !! I am really gratefull to you and can never thank you enough. I also recevied a couple other messages from others who warned me. Several mentioned a web site IWG if you too are a member please pass on to them my thanks and appology about this mess. I have distanced myself from her and her friends. I will still go to the Ren Faire but no association with them. I enjoy being a rennie and hope to still be able to chat with people who have the same likes so if you want to add me and allow me to add you that would be great. I hope no harm has came to you or any other members of the IWG.

Artemisia
07-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Great. Freakin' great. *deletes Welcome Wagon post*
http://www.wench.org/showthread.php/90742-Hello-I-am-new-here-and-I-am-from-North-Carolina-!

Isabelle Warwicke
07-07-2010, 02:46 AM
From what the posted contacts have said and what I read here....it sounds like a very fucked up D/s relationship happening out in public. He's willing. She's taping. He's talking to and adding strangers that she specifically has chose for him.

No effing thank you.

Lady Nina
07-08-2010, 11:04 AM
I received the YM stuff too. *sigh*

John BroadFoot
07-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Nikki & Bean,
That was my first idea, to warn management. I'm just waiting for my contact to return from vacation.
Hugs and schmooches!