PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be Here

BarbaryAnne
06-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Good day, ladies! Glad to be "here," at last. Joined IWG in April but was unable to post until today (my new profile must have solved whatever the problem was; I'll go delete the old non-functioning one, I promise).

I love Scots/Irish Trad (traditional music) and sing that and shanties whenever even mildly encouraged. Also am doing a pub-based wench act at a small and struggling RenFest this year, and would love to hear from any similar singing wenches from Washington State who might be interested in one three-day volunteer gig with a WONDERFUL time slot in a nice venue: just PM me, OK? These people are sorely in need of some harmonious wenchy wiles!

::serenad:

Kyrera
06-28-2010, 11:35 PM
hello!::ike::

Mistress_Autumn
06-29-2010, 02:22 AM
WELCOME!!

Let me be the first, of our Local, to welcome you to the awesomeness that is Wenchdom. ::badhair:

As for singing wenches... There's a couple of us here in 26. (And at least one professional!) I usually sing only for family and friends... but I've been known to sing a bit after a long faire day. I do play a mean ukulele... when it's not broken irreparably and needing to be replaced at some point.^_^

~Autumn

BarbaryAnne
06-29-2010, 02:45 AM
Wonderful to hear! I can see I'm going to have to visit you all to say hi :-D

Heather

renren
07-01-2010, 02:13 PM
WElcome!::yay::

SHpepperKat
07-02-2010, 03:33 AM
Welcome. Hope to see you at Faire this year.

serena
07-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Welcome to the forums.:zen:

BarbaryAnne
07-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the kind welcomes, ladies! Still no joy on the singing wench recruitment campaign -- if you know someone who wants to do it, time is short, please tell me, or tell them, or tell us both... help me, Obi Wench Kenobi... ::pray::

Anyway, it's fun reading people's posts and looking fwd to faire here as well as the one Up North. I can't really think past that one at the moment...

Hugs to all ya sisters,

~~<@nne