PDA

View Full Version : ok I have had it now- using experimental drugs to "prevent" lesbians or wenchs!

Mistress Morigianna
06-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Ok- I am 41 I don't have kids and don't want them but i enjoy going with my BFF's kids to places. I have been married but have no interest in being it again. I have a wonderful man who does the cooking and helps me with cleaning. I have a strong roll in my business as well as being a reverend and running parts of my mothers store. I never dreamed of being pregnant but did play with barbies (and swords!) I rarely wear a skirt except at faire and have a very dom attitude about things. I sometimes date girls and I sometimes wear makup and ruffles. I pay the bills, fix the car and plant gardens. I shop and pay for groceries and repair the sink and toliet. I am WENCH--here me roar!
SO THERE!!!! I DON"T NEED MEDICAL HELP BECAUSE I AM DIFFERENT!!!!

I have not problem with ladies who want to be married moms. I believe it is called CHOICE. Just because my choice is not your choice doesn't make it wrong! Much less needing medical intervention!

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2010/06/29/doctor-treating-pregnant-women-with-experimental-drug-to-prevent-lesbianism

http://www.thehastingscenter.org/Bioethicsforum/Post.aspx?id=4754&blogid=140

I love this comment- from the first article blog
i know lots of lesbians who dream about being wives and mothers, they just dream about marrying other women.

Bean
06-30-2010, 08:42 PM
I hope every one of those pregnancies results in a gay child.....

Lady Hefron
06-30-2010, 09:51 PM
This...person...needs to have their license revoked. This is pathetic and bad science.

Torra
07-01-2010, 07:24 AM
You know, I read the article and as it got more and more offensive to me, I also felt my brain turning to mush. It's beyond the pale that this somehow qualifies as science and that women are buying into it, all hoping to have a little housewife baby girl who'll marry a doctor when she goes to college to get her MRS.

It's infuriating and depressing that there are those who feel so threatened by difference that they will knowingly put the lives of unborn children at stake and undergo optional hormonal therapy to avoid a non-traditional baby. Eugenics at its best, really. :yuck:

renren
07-01-2010, 01:11 PM
:ow:Yet another blow to the female ego.. like plastic surgery and supermodels didn't do enough damage!
Call me old school, I want my kids just the way they are, and would not be able to live wtih myself had I taken part in some crap like this!

daBaroness
07-11-2010, 02:11 AM
Just ... wow!

Jules
07-11-2010, 01:26 PM
For me, this falls under the same crap of people who genetically engineer the sex of their unborn baby because they want one of each, or all girls or all boys. Life is a genetic game of russian roulett, yes that means sometimes you don't get what you would idealize as normal, and sometimes it means alot of pain. I say this from experience...my third pregnancy, and I was over the moon with happiness and excitment and in an instant that was all taken away and I was left crushed. Our baby died of Trisomy 13, or Patau's syndrome. After the d&c and the testing on the fetus the doctor recommended genetic counseling and testing so that we could concieve again and not "worry" about another miscarriage. We opted that genetics are genetics, and the chances are the same no matter what. Less than a year later I gave birth to a very happy healthy "normal" baby boy. I didn't care if he had a problem or a disorder. I didn't care, and the whole time I was pregnant I did worry, testing would not have changed that.

I am a self professed lesbian, I have three children and one divorce. I am very well adjusted, I was raised by two main stream parents who did everything in their power to make sure I was raised as "normal" as possible. I have a brother who thinks its awesome that he can go out with his sister and check out women. My kids don't care who I am personally, they love me because I'm their mom and I love them and care for them.

I can't imagine using something experimental on my unborn child. Two point five miscarriages gives me a huge respect and value for life and the lives I have carried. I don't care who my kids turn out to be or what their prefrences in life will be .. whether that pertains to religion, sexual preference or any thing else. As long as its a choice they make for themselves and it makes them happy. As long as they know I love them no matter what.

Lady Laurel
07-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Wtf!!!