PDA

View Full Version : Hail and well met, Local 35 of the Colorado Ren Faire!

Apple
07-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Hello everyone,

I will be visiting the Colorado Ren Faire for the first time on Saturday July 31st, so I wanted to introduce myself on the boards before I showed up. My name is Apple and I hail from the Washington, DC area, where I work for the federal government. My home faire is the Maryland Ren Faire (which I have attended since 1996), but I have many friends at the Georgia and Carolina Faires because I've visited every year for the last four or five. I love to travel the country to see different faires, and your faire is next on my list! *bouncy grin* I'm so excited!

Caveats and a plea: my vacation starts Thursday in California with my family, I won't get to Colorado for another week, and I'm not bringing a laptop with me while I'm traveling, so if you can answer any of the questions below, please send me an email at [email protected] (I can access gmail from my cell phone.) Also, please forgive me if any of the questions sound simple, strange, or too presumptuous -- I'm only thinking of things I'd tell you, if you were visiting MY home faire for the first time. :-)

Is there a gate show? What time does it start?

I'd like to pay my respects to the Local 35 Madame, Vice Madam, etc -- what's the best time and place to do that?

Is there a particular place that many of the wenches "hang out" during the day? (e.g. a tavern or pub?)

Are there any fantastic acts I should see while I'm there?

What's the best food to eat on site?

Is there a Pub Sing at the end of the day, and where is it?

Given that it's Closing Weekend, will there be a post-faire dinner on Saturday night, and would I be allowed to attend?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. See you July 31st!

~Apple
[email protected]