PDA

View Full Version : Remember these charming parents?

Ysobelle
08-07-2010, 12:54 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/parents-cannot-regain-custody-children-nazi-inspired/story?id=11334970

They sound like absolute paragons. Glad to see New Jersey's on the ball. Hope some of the damage is repairable.

LdyJhawk
08-07-2010, 01:39 PM
But they seem like such nice people!

Don't get me wrong, the names are abhorrent but in my opinion names alone aren't enough to remove children from a home. The domestic violence shit though.. *shudder*

WHY do these people tend to spawn so easily? It's like my brother.. he has at least seven biological children with four different women and is the most hateful, racist shithead you could meet.

Selena
08-07-2010, 05:08 PM
That's okay.

They'll just fuck some more and make more of 'em there babies.

That'll learn US!

don't worry about the family reading this anyway... the breeders cannot READ! :unamused:

daBaroness
08-08-2010, 02:15 AM
Sometimes I rue our constitution because it keeps us from sterilizing people.

Back to your civilized programming.

Selena
08-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Sometimes I rue our constitution because it keeps us from sterilizing people.

Back to your civilized programming.

Tell me about it.
True story here.... Just last week, I was working a case where both of the bio parents had their parental rights taken away by the state (all 3 kids) & CPS was awarded permanent conservator of the dependents (meaning foster care). I mentioned something in passing to our attorney who assisted with the order, "good riddance". He turned around and told me, "Don't worry. We will see them again. She's pregnant."

We both rolled our eyes in exasperation as he walked out of my office.

daBaroness
08-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Envisioning a group of sterilization superheroes ... stealthily "procure" a target by rendering them unconscious with medication. Spirit them away to the super-secret sterilization superhero hideout where superhero physicians surgically sterilize them, do dental work, a makeover and fumigating. After a prescribed period of recouperation while in an induced coma state - subjects are returned to their regular lives after being programmed to believe they were abducted and sterilized by aliens. A worthy black-box ops program if you ask me! ;-)

Gemdrite
08-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Envisioning a group of sterilization superheroes ... stealthily "procure" a target by rendering them unconscious with medication. Spirit them away to the super-secret sterilization superhero hideout where superhero physicians surgically sterilize them, do dental work, a makeover and fumigating. After a prescribed period of recouperation while in an induced coma state - subjects are returned to their regular lives after being programmed to believe they were abducted and sterilized by aliens. A worthy black-box ops program if you ask me! ;-)
...Can I volunteer to be the first person? Cause...that doesn't sound half bad!:smile:

The 6th Rogue
08-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Killin' 'em would be cheaper and I want to know my tax money is being well spent.

OK - sarcasm aside I noted this part of the article describing why the parents are fucktards:

"both unemployed and disabled, were abused as children and "neither has received adequate treatment for their serious psychological conditions," the three-judge panel of the Superior Court of New Jersey Appellate Division. "

Breeding, like Spandex, should be considered a privilege, not a right.

Selena
08-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Killin' 'em would be cheaper and I want to know my tax money is being well spent.

OK - sarcasm aside I noted this part of the article describing why the parents are fucktards:

"both unemployed and disabled, were abused as children and "neither has received adequate treatment for their serious psychological conditions," the three-judge panel of the Superior Court of New Jersey Appellate Division. "

Breeding, like Spandex, should be considered a privilege, not a right.

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but they really should be sterilized.

(total disclosure, cos I don't think you know, 6th -- I've worked for the TX AG's ofc in child support for 16 years. I'm older, and fucking cynical. I try to do what's best for the people involved, but 'the agency' is big business -- and acts as such. We used to never see foster care cases/termination of parental rights across our desks -- now, they are as common in our caseload as seeing a wench at faire.)

The 6th Rogue
08-09-2010, 05:48 PM
We used to never see foster care cases/termination of parental rights across our desks -- now, they are as common in our caseload as seeing a wench at faire.)

Damn.

Bronya
08-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Well, I wouldn't go that far, but they really should be sterilized.

(total disclosure, cos I don't think you know, 6th -- I've worked for the TX AG's ofc in child support for 16 years. I'm older, and fucking cynical. I try to do what's best for the people involved, but 'the agency' is big business -- and acts as such. We used to never see foster care cases/termination of parental rights across our desks -- now, they are as common in our caseload as seeing a wench at faire.)

Question-A friend was a foster parent. Mom's rights terminated. They got girl, back and forth with courts and Mom for YEARS. Mom got "custody" again and courts said the "foster's" couldn't have contact. But Mom wanted to party so would let the "fosters' watch girl without courts aware. Mom had another kid. Flash forward over 10 years. Foster's now have legal custody and are going to adopt. So if the rights are terminated they can be un-terminated and then terminated again? WTH? Kinda like Prop 8!!!

Selena
08-11-2010, 05:02 PM
So if the rights are terminated they can be un-terminated and then terminated again? WTH? Kinda like Prop 8!!!

Personally, I've never seen a case like that before - not in my Texas caseload. But that
doesn't necessarily mean it can't happen elsewhere because laws differ from state to state.

As far as I know, Texas doesn't have any state statutes which would 'reinstate or restore' previously terminated rights unless: (1) The child was never adopted by a family and the bio parent(s) petitioned to 'adopt', or (2) the final order terminating was dismissed/vacated by the court (meaning that order is dismissed entirely - goes away.)

Now I did find something online that indicates CA law does have provisions for restoring parental rights. (http://new.abanet.org/child/PublicDocuments/restoring_parental_rights.pdf)So if your friend is in CA, it's entirely possible the scenario you presented is indeed factual based on CA law.

Interesting question! I actually had to verify this with one of our attorneys!! Learn something new every day!

LdyJhawk
08-11-2010, 07:47 PM
*sigh* I'm against shitty parents too but I can't bring myself to advocate, even jokingly, that people should be force sterilized. The "right" to have children is established in our country the same way the right to marry is. If I can't feel comfortable telling someone "you can't get married because I think you'd be shitty at it!" and have it enforced...

unless it's my brother. HE should totally be sterilized. But that might just be because he keeps knocking up random women and having dozens of babies all the while demanding I somehow care for them

Selena
08-11-2010, 10:19 PM
*sigh* I'm against shitty parents too but I can't bring myself to advocate, even jokingly, that people should be force sterilized. The "right" to have children is established in our country the same way the right to marry is. If I can't feel comfortable telling someone "you can't get married because I think you'd be shitty at it!" and have it enforced...

unless it's my brother. HE should totally be sterilized. But that might just be because he keeps knocking up random women and having dozens of babies all the while demanding I somehow care for them

No, the difference here is this:
These are people who have already proven to the court they are unfit parents. It's not just some flippant decision by joe blow out on the streets. This is the legal system with many people behind it, including a guardian ad litem, counselors, therapists, multiple attorneys as well as the court to determine parents are unfit to be just that... parents.

If you have already had your children taken away from you by the court, THEN your parental rights are still terminated? No... you (in general) gave up your right to breed more children into this world that you have already proven you are unable to care for - whether it be neglect and/or abuse.

That's my feeling on it.

Cruisewench
08-11-2010, 10:23 PM

While I agree that they Are fucktards, I gotta say, being abused is no excuse. Whatever happened to them should not be taken out on their kids. I know it said they haven't recieved adequate treatment, but again, who's fault is that?

The 6th Rogue
08-12-2010, 11:02 PM
How our childhood is shaped by events, our own actions and our own reactions shapes our perceptions and set behaviors for our adult lives. Those of us that have had hardships in their youth and tried to move beyond them, if not use them as examples of what not to do, have taken a very different road from those that feel they have a get out of jail free card because of these things.

Simply put, as Dr. Dennis Leary said so perfectly: "Life sucks, get a helmet."

Cruisewench
08-13-2010, 08:03 PM
How our childhood is shaped by events, our own actions and our own reactions shapes our perceptions and set behaviors for our adult lives. Those of us that have had hardships in their youth and tried to move beyond them, if not use them as examples of what not to do, have taken a very different road from those that feel they have a get out of jail free card because of these things.

Simply put, as Dr. Dennis Leary said so perfectly: "Life sucks, get a helmet."

This is Exactly what I was trying to say and couldn't articulate, thank you! And thanks for the quote, I'm gonna have to remember that.

The 6th Rogue
08-15-2010, 10:39 PM
(takes a bow)