PDA

View Full Version : White Supremacist Running for Local School Board

Sorcha Griannon
08-07-2010, 08:36 PM
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-white-supremacist-election,0,3525716.story

RIALTO-- An affirmed white supremacist is running for a seat on a Southern California school board.

Dan Schruender, who is currently a representative for the California chapter of Aryan Nations and formerly president of the organization, filed nomination papers Monday to run for one of two open seats on the Rialto Unified School District board.
See link for full article.

:censored: I sure as hell hope someone else wins this seat.

daBaroness
08-08-2010, 01:18 AM
At least it's a self-avowed racist - too many of them hide the fact until it's too late. I guarantee there's a hater on every school board, every city council and every other "organized" govermental body from dog catcher to president!

The 6th Rogue
08-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Aw, c'mon. It'd make for some great headlines if he got on there. Then again, I'm the guy that votes in the president with the most entertainment value instead of the one who will do the most good.

Selena
08-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Not quite sure what to think about this. I don't know the entire story, here.

Do you (in general) think it will affect his position, if he gets the job?

It's like the same old argument I've had with others regarding President Obama's religion.
HE'S MUSLIM!!!!! :unamused: Well, so WHAT if he was?? Since when does being the POTUS require one to be 'christian'?? What makes anyone think that their personal beliefs will affect their job performance?

What about if this guy were an atheist? Or muslim, or a satanist?

I'm an atheist and I think I do a pretty good job where I work... without screaming to the uber-breeding-they-are-god's-gift-to-ME people, that they should quit breeding (with multiple people mind you!) when they know they can't afford anymore cos they are already on welfare.
(my personal feelings in my professional job always take a stand... no matter how strongly I feel about it.)

Is there any previous evidence to support the fact that he couldn't do the job at hand, despite his personal belief?

The 6th Rogue
08-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Isn't it the French who could care less sabout what their politicians do in their off hours as long as they don't fuck things up while on the job?

Ysobelle
08-09-2010, 05:03 PM
You want this guy deciding who gets to teach your Theoretical Kids? Or deciding who gets to teach them? Or from what textbooks? Or which schools get money? Could he be fair in issues involving predominantly minority schools or teachers?

I'm a live-and-let-live kind of girl when it comes to personal theologies, but this is a bit far for me.

Isabelle Warwicke
08-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Isn't it the French who could care less sabout what their politicians do in their off hours as long as they don't fuck things up while on the job?

Does he have a Hawt Wife? French politicians always have amazing looking wives.

The 6th Rogue
08-10-2010, 09:01 AM
If he does I say vote him in. Since it seems going with the standard stuff doesn't work anymore let's try the stuff that seems, on the surface, like it shouldn't work. You never know.

Ravin' Raven
08-10-2010, 09:56 AM
You want this guy deciding who gets to teach your Theoretical Kids? Or deciding who gets to teach them? Or from what textbooks? Or which schools get money? Could he be fair in issues involving predominantly minority schools or teachers?

I'm a live-and-let-live kind of girl when it comes to personal theologies, but this is a bit far for me.

Honestly, he may not be any worse than the lovely Texas school board that just voted to change all of their texts to be heavily Christian/Republican.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/13/education/13texas.html

This ends up affecting everyone because the text book companies don't like multiple runs so what Texas does (because of the large percentage of text books it buys) it what gets crammed down everyone else's throat. This one guy, on th eother hand, probably wouldn't have that big of an impact.