PDA

View Full Version : Flat Stanley type project

Gemdrite
08-20-2010, 11:31 PM
So, I know this was discussed within a thread a while back, but I thought it would be easier not to necropost and get all of replies in their own thread. My class is doing a "Geo Georgie." Basically, it's a traveling "turtle." We mail him to somebody. They mail a postcard or other souvenir type thing back to our classroom, and they mail Geo Georgie on to someone else in a different state. Our goal is to get Geo Georgie to all 50 states before the end of the year. Anybody interested in helping us out? There are so many of us in so many different states, I figured maybe a couple of you at least wouldn't mind helping us out. Thanks!

Branwen
08-21-2010, 12:19 AM
I would love to help out your class. I'll PM you my address.

Bean
08-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Count Maryland on the list!! Address to come....

Gemdrite
08-21-2010, 01:08 AM
Count Maryland on the list!! Address to come....
Hmm...I appreciate all the help! I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this, since the way it works is that I would mail the envelope to one person, and that person would mail the envelope on to the next person, and then they would mail it on to someone else, etc. So we shouldn't actually see Geo Georgie again until he's been to all 50 states. Perhaps, if you are interested, you could send your address to the previous poster? So, I would mail it to Branwen, who could mail it to Bean, who could mail it to someone else who was interested in participating? Would that work?

Bean
08-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Sounds like a plan.... we could help you fill in the states missing with outside contacts if you like. My family has had many teachers in it who I'm sure would love to participate. Let us know what states are missing.

SilverMirth
08-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Is your school address going to be on Geo George somewhere? I'll participate as well. I know someone in Hawaii so both North Carolina and Hawaii are covered. I could also take him across the state line to Virginia too. Just let me know who to give my address to.

BronxGirl
08-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Sounds like fun. Count me in, too. I even have some tacky NYC postcards sitting around the house.

Gemdrite
08-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Is your school address going to be on Geo George somewhere? I'll participate as well. I know someone in Hawaii so both North Carolina and Hawaii are covered. I could also take him across the state line to Virginia too. Just let me know who to give my address to.
Yep, it is. So it looks like right now, I'll send it to Branwen, who will send it to Bean, who will send it to Silvermirth (and maybe you could either send it to Hawaii and ask them to send it back to you, or we could get it back to you at the end if it still hasn't hit Hawaii yet), who will send it to BronxGirl. Thanks for all the help! I knew I could count on you!

Bean
08-21-2010, 03:11 PM
I can ask friends in PA to help, and I have family in Oklahoma who taught that probably would help out. Might even be able to get NJ and CO.

Gemdrite
08-21-2010, 03:18 PM
However anybody wants to help is peachy keen with me! The logistics could get a little funky, but we can figure it out as it goes. The idea of sending things back to the school while sending Geo Georgie on to another state is so that we have an idea of where he is and what states he's already been to, so we can figure out how to get him places as time goes on.

Bean
08-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Are you going to track his progress on a map in the classroom? It would be fun to put a push pin in the map from each location and then maybe calculate how many miles he's travelled.

Gemdrite
08-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Are you going to track his progress on a map in the classroom? It would be fun to put a push pin in the map from each location and then maybe calculate how many miles he's travelled.
I've been considering it, but the main thing is finding room in the classroom to do it. I'm working on that one. I teach second grade, so most of the mile calculating would be done by me, lol. We are just working on seeing how the world is bigger than our city, and how other places are different than we are, etc.

Margaret
08-21-2010, 06:41 PM
::yay::Michigan checking in!

AllieSutherland
08-21-2010, 07:39 PM
::yay::Michigan checking in!

I'll PM you my address!

I'd love to be next! I'm in Kentucky. If it's okay, I'd love to send it on to my best friend, John Broadfoot (who is a Rogue), in SC. He loves to do these type of things! So the next person that responds, PM me your address, and I will pass it along to John to send to the next-in-line.

Thistle
08-22-2010, 01:02 AM
Missouri! And I live near the Illinois state line if no Illi wenches help. Who do I send my address to? Allie?

Gemdrite
08-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Missouri! And I live near the Illinois state line if no Illi wenches help. Who do I send my address to? Allie?
That would work!

BronxGirl
08-22-2010, 02:24 AM
Let me know who I should send my address to then.

Margaret
08-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Yep, it is. So it looks like right now, I'll send it to Branwen, who will send it to Bean, who will send it to Silvermirth (and maybe you could either send it to Hawaii and ask them to send it back to you, or we could get it back to you at the end if it still hasn't hit Hawaii yet), who will send it to BronxGirl. Thanks for all the help! I knew I could count on you!

Gem - should I PM my address to BronxGirl? I am assuming she is the last one in this 'chain' before I jumped in. I have Allie's address to send it on to after I am done with it.

Just want to keep the little dude plodding on with no great confusion.

Cupcake
08-22-2010, 10:07 AM
PA checking in here.

My Dad took Flat Stanley to Hershey for one of my cousins. It was a big hit.

Drea Beth
08-22-2010, 10:54 AM
NJ checking in.

How would it be to create a list of snail addresses and e-mail it to those of us involved? Just a thought. I'm open to anyway you want to do this!

I also have a cousin in GA who I can ask to help if there are no wenches from there volunteering.

Lady Anisette
08-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Western CT here. If it gets sent to the Institute for American Indian Studies (where I work), I can have some of the Native Americans on the council sign the postcard. That would be fun for the kids. Tell me who do I give the address to?

AnnaFaerie
08-22-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm in Texas. I'm willing to be part of this project.

Isabelle Warwicke
08-22-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm in Wisconsin and travel frequently to Illinois. I can also hit Iowa if you need it.

Gemdrite
08-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Okay, so here is what I have so far:
Me -->Branwen(Texas) -->Bean(Maryland) -->Silvermirth(North Carolina, Hawaii) -->BronxGirl(New York) -->Margaret(Michigan) -->AllieSutherland(Kentucky, South Carolina) -->Thistle(Missouri) -->Cupcake(Pennsylvania) -->Drea Beth(New Jersey, Georgia) -->Lady Anisette(Connecticut) -->Isabelle Warwicke(Wisconsin) -->Mistress Morigianna(California) -->KissMeKate(Illinois)

Anna Faerie, Branwen is from Texas, but thanks for offering! Everyone else, does this seem right? A few of you said you knew people in other states, and I tried to include a bunch in the list above. I skipped a couple that said you could get others involved if needed, and we can see what is still needed at the end of the year and come back to them. At the rate we are going, however, this project will be finished by Christmas! That would be cool, cause it would be ready for Back to School night then.

So, you would send your snail mail address to the person before you. You would mail it to the person after you. If you were getting more than one state, either give the person you are mailing it to the next wench's addy, or have the person you are mailing it to mail it back to you and you can pass it on to the next addy. I will continue updating this post as we get more states!

Mistress Morigianna
08-23-2010, 01:59 AM
I am in California- o add me to the list!

Gemdrite
08-25-2010, 12:39 AM
Added. And just to let you all know, Geo Georgie was mailed to Branwen today!

KissMeKate
08-25-2010, 12:06 PM
IL checking in! Do you just need a postcard or do you want a tourist-type picture too? Since I work in Chicago, I can take photos or somesuch as well as a postcard.

Will send my address to ... Mistress Morigianna.

SilverMirth
08-25-2010, 01:54 PM
What grade is this for again?

Gemdrite
08-26-2010, 12:43 AM
IL checking in! Do you just need a postcard or do you want a tourist-type picture too? Since I work in Chicago, I can take photos or somesuch as well as a postcard.

Will send my address to ... Mistress Morigianna.
You are more than welcome to send whatever you would like to our classroom. We only ask for a postcard or picture or some little souvenir because we want to make sure people can participate cheaply.

Silvermirth, we are a second grade classroom. 16 kids.

Bronya
08-26-2010, 06:49 PM

Ahhhh you beat me. Morigianna!!! Thanks for representing us Cali ladies!

Gellis Indigo
08-26-2010, 07:25 PM
I can handle Ohio. And if no one claims Indiana, I might be able to swing that one also.

Gemdrite
09-16-2010, 11:28 PM
We got our first letter back from Geo Georgie today, and the kids were ecstatic! They loved the pictures, and they were absolutely horrified that it was 106 degrees in Texas, lol. We put a map up on the bulletin with the title "Geo Georgie's Journey" and we are putting pushpins where he has been. I plan on putting the letters/pictures/etc. up on the board too, with a string from the pushpin to the things that came from that location. Whee!

Bean
09-17-2010, 02:34 PM
He currently is in Maryland and will continue on his journey soon!!!

Gemdrite
09-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Hey everyone! I was thinking about Geo Georgie's progress today, and I realized that if we continue moving at the speed/pace we have been, we might not have enough time to get to all 50 states. I realize you are all busy people with families and lives outside of our project, but if you could help us out with our goal by trying to get Geo Georgie back out as soon as possible after you get him, that would be great! Thank you guys again so much for your help!

SilverMirth
09-29-2010, 12:52 PM
He just arrived in NC and will spend a couple of days here before being sent on.

SpeedKnight
09-29-2010, 01:06 PM
This reminds me of the traveling stuffed animal concept that geocachers use!

Cool idea!

Bean
09-29-2010, 05:00 PM
I picked up Washington, DC while he was here so mark that one off the list, too!!

Gemdrite
09-29-2010, 10:14 PM
This reminds me of the traveling stuffed animal concept that geocachers use!

Cool idea!
I thought about doing the stuffed animal, but then it would cost more to mail him, lol. So we stuck with a laminated colored picture. :smile:

Thanks to all, my kids are so excited about this project, beyond anything I was expecting.

BronxGirl
10-04-2010, 10:54 PM
I just got a note saying that Georgie will be here in a few days. Where do I send him off to and where do I send the postcard?

Gemdrite
10-04-2010, 11:17 PM
I just got a note saying that Georgie will be here in a few days. Where do I send him off to and where do I send the postcard?
You are sending him to Margaret. The address for sending the postcard is included in the envelope you will get with Geo Georgie. PM Margaret to get her address.

We haven't received anything from Geo Georgie since Texas, so I'm not sure where he is at the moment.

Gemdrite
10-08-2010, 01:26 AM
We just heard from Geo Georgie today! He had a great time in Maryland and D.C. (and the brochure from the Maryland Ren Faire was a nice touch!) The kids have decided we need to take a trip to D.C. now. They want to see all the memorials that were on the postcard, lol.

BronxGirl
10-09-2010, 07:01 PM
OK, Georgie has made it to New York safe and sound. He'll be heading off for Michigan on Tuesday. :hi:

Margaret
10-12-2010, 04:31 PM
OK, Georgie has made it to New York safe and sound. He'll be heading off for Michigan on Tuesday. :hi:

/Mags starts getting the guest room ready....

Margaret
10-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Georgie is safe and sound here in Michigan!!

Mistress Morigianna
10-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Hey maybe I will get him by thanksgiving and can have him go to LOSCON! My mom would get authors to sign a postcard- they all come to the dragonmarsh booth in the dealers room ;-)

Or just get a picture with some of the guests in costume

Isabelle Warwicke
10-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Where is Teh Georgie now? And where does he go next?

Gemdrite
10-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Here's a repost of the path Geo Georgie should be taking:

Me -->Branwen(Texas) -->Bean(Maryland, D.C.) -->Silvermirth(North Carolina, Hawaii) -->BronxGirl(New York) -->Margaret(Michigan) -->AllieSutherland(Kentucky, South Carolina) -->Thistle(Missouri) -->Cupcake(Pennsylvania) -->Drea Beth(New Jersey, Georgia) -->Lady Anisette(Connecticut) -->Isabelle Warwicke(Wisconsin) -->Mistress Morigianna(California) -->KissMeKate(Illinois) -->Gellis Indigo(Ohio, Indiana?)

At the moment, as far as I know, he's with Margaret in Michigan.

Gemdrite
11-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Hey all! Where in the USA is Geo Georgie? We haven't heard from him in over a month!

Margaret
11-08-2010, 09:39 PM
He is leaving MI tomorrow for KY and I should have the stuff to mail out to your class by tomorrow as well!

Gemdrite
11-12-2010, 08:45 PM
We got a postcard from New York today! I'm glad to hear Georgie is behaving himself!

BronxGirl
11-13-2010, 01:06 AM
I bet that was the first one! You'll probably get a second soon. :aok:

Thistle
11-27-2010, 04:51 AM
This is a last minute request, and I am sorry, but a friend back home in Connecticut is ill and I will be moving back East this week to help take care of him for a few months. Is there a way to skip me (and Missouri) in the progression? I would The Nutmeg State, but it has already been taken

-thistle

Cupcake
11-27-2010, 12:25 PM
This is a last minute request, and I am sorry, but a friend back home in Connecticut is ill and I will be moving back East this week to help take care of him for a few months. Is there a way to skip me (and Missouri) in the progression? I would The Nutmeg State, but it has already been taken

-thistle

I'm after you, so I sent my addy to AllieSutherland to keep him going. Hope your friend is doing better soon.

Hugs.

Gemdrite
11-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Can I please get an update of where Georgie is right now? I know things are getting crazy with the holidays, but we haven't heard from Georgie in a long time. We've only heard from Bean, Bronxgirl, and Branwen. Please help us keep this project going!

AllieSutherland
11-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Georgie is here with me, heading to SC and then to Thistle? I just got out of the hospital today, but he'll soon be on his way!

Thistle
11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Please, not me for the moment. Hate to say my plate is full, but... RL issues have sprung up and I cant tell my **bleep** from my elbow atm

Cupcake
11-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Allie,

Did you get my PM with the address change?

Mistress Morigianna
12-01-2010, 02:40 AM
ohh I hope I get stanley soon I can get a picture with the Mission Inn lights and the icerink & riendeer
(funny for california!!)

Isabelle Warwicke
12-03-2010, 12:22 PM
I was wondering where he went...I've been watching the mail for him constantly.

Gemdrite
12-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Yeah, he seems to have stalled a bit. At the risk of sounding nagging, please, when you get Geo Georgie, get him back out again pronto. A third of the school year is already over, and we won't reach our goal of all 50 states if we continue to be so slow. Silvermirth, are you still here? I sent you a couple of PMs about the item/s you said you were sending, because we haven't received anything, but I haven't gotten a reply from you either. Everything okay?

Mistress Morigianna
12-04-2010, 04:46 AM
Does Mr stanley need a Twin Bro to start working other states?

Gemdrite
12-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Nah, one Geo Georgie is all we are sending. In computer class my kids are sending out Flat Stanleys as well, so we have more than enough to keep track of. The goal is to get one turtle to all 50 states. We just need help achieving that goal.

Gemdrite
12-08-2010, 11:32 PM
I sent one of my students to the office today to get something I printed. He came back into the room and yelled "We got a letter from Geo Georgie!!!" They loved the leaves you sent Margaret. They thought they were plastic, lol. They don't see fall colored leaves often. We just recently talked about the difference between fresh water and salt water, so the info about the Great Lakes was greatly appreciated. They really got into it!

Margaret
12-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Yay! I am glad they liked it! I hoped the fall leaves would be a hit. :cheer:

Gemdrite
12-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Silvermirth! We got your box today! It must have just taken its sweet time getting here. When I get a chance (so probably after Christmas...I'm exhausted and there is still one more week of school before break!) I will post a pic of what SM and her family sent to us. It was amazing! Pencils, brochures, maps...and that lovely little scrapbook! The entire faculty was impressed with the effort put into it. It was so cool! As was the ball of cotton straight from the field! The phone call from the office was so funny too; "Um, there is a box here from Geo Georgie?"

SilverMirth
12-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Silvermirth! We got your box today! It must have just taken it's sweet time getting here. When I get a chance (so probably after Christmas...I'm exhausted and there is still one more week of school before break!) I will post a pic of what SM and her family sent to us. It was amazing! Pencils, brochures, maps...and that lovely little scrapbook! The entire faculty was impressed with the effort put into it. It was so cool! As was the ball of cotton straight from the field! The phone call from the office was so funny too; "Um, there is a box here from Geo Georgie?"

I am glad it came through ok. It took a lot of time to glue and stitch that scrapbook together and then get all the pictures in there. It was so worth it though. The post master was all excited to donate the pencils. I hope that there were enough for all the kids. I kinda figured the kids would get a kick out of the cotton since I figured they would not have seen anything like that before. That's funny about the box but I wanted him to stand out so that you knew what it was.

Gemdrite
12-10-2010, 09:01 PM
I am glad it came through ok. It took a lot of time to glue and stitch that scrapbook together and then get all the pictures in there. It was so worth it though. The post master was all excited to donate the pencils. I hope that there were enough for all the kids. I kinda figured the kids would get a kick out of the cotton since I figured they would not have seen anything like that before. That's funny about the box but I wanted him to stand out so that you knew what it was.
There were plenty of pencils, I only have 16 students. Again, thank you! I wasn't expecting anyone to put so much effort into it! You guys have all been amazing!

Gemdrite
01-03-2011, 11:19 PM
We got a postcard today from Geo Georgie in South Carolina. AllieSutherland mailed him to John Broadfoot, and I thank him (though I don't think he reads these forums) for participating. I shared the news of Allie's passing with my students today and they were very sad that someone who helped us is gone. We prayed for her family and friends.

Mistress Morigianna
01-04-2011, 02:30 AM
can you post pictures of some of the loot mr geo has sent??

Can you tell me how many kids there are? I am working on stuff from disneyland/Ca adventures.

Gemdrite
01-04-2011, 09:10 PM
can you post pictures of some of the loot my stanley has sent??

Can you tell me how many kids threre are? I am working on stuff from disneyland/Ca adventures.
I do intend to post pictures. I had an unexpected trip to WI for Christmas, and therefore everything I planned to do over the Christmas break, didn't happen. I will take pictures as soon as I can! I have 16 students total, mostly girls. School just started again yesterday and I'm trying to catch up on all the stuff that didn't get done...grr. I never feel like I am on top of anything!

Gemdrite
01-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Can I get an update please? Where is Geo Georgie?

Cupcake
01-20-2011, 10:02 AM
He came back to me yesterday. I sent him on to Alaska, but he came back yesterday. Sending him on today.

Gemdrite
01-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Okay, just checking!

Drea Beth
01-21-2011, 06:07 PM
He came back to me yesterday. I sent him on to Alaska, but he came back yesterday. Sending him on today.

He's coming to me, right?

If so, can you send him with a delivery confirmation? I'll reimburse you for it, promise. My landlord sometimes misplaces my mail and I'd really hate for Geo Georgie to get lost in the void.

Thanks!!!

Mistress Morigianna
01-24-2011, 01:27 AM
He's coming to me, right?

If so, can you send him with a delivery confirmation? I'll reimburse you for it, promise. My landlord sometimes misplaces my mail and I'd really hate for Geo Georgie to get lost in the void.

Thanks!!!

If I get him by valentines day I will be going to Arizona for the Estrella (SCA) war. Do you have AZ yet? I might get two states in one person!

that would be fun pics- Disneyland and then Guys in armor fighting!

Gemdrite
01-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Me -->Branwen(Texas) -->Bean(Maryland, D.C.) -->Silvermirth(North Carolina, Hawaii) -->BronxGirl(New York) -->Margaret(Michigan) -->AllieSutherland(Kentucky, South Carolina) -->Thistle(Missouri) -->Cupcake(Pennsylvania) -->Drea Beth(New Jersey, Georgia) -->Lady Anisette(Connecticut) -->Isabelle Warwicke(Wisconsin) -->Mistress Morigianna(California) -->KissMeKate(Illinois) -->Gellis Indigo(Ohio, Indiana?)

This was the latest I had. Now, we skipped Thistle, so Missouri is back open, and Allie had sent him on but hadn't had a chance to send anything back to the class, so if there is time, we may want to go back to those states. I believe Alaska has been taken now as well, though we haven't received anything so I can't confirm.

Lady Anisette
01-27-2011, 12:33 AM
It looks like you need some more from New England. I will see if some of the Wenches from Local 24 will take Geo Georgie on adventures before I send him off to Isabelle.

Gemdrite
01-27-2011, 12:36 AM
Actually, we mostly have the East coast. If you could please keep him going on the path, we have some wenches anxious to meet him! If you would like to talk to some wench friends, we can add them to the end of his path to keep him going. Thanks!

Bean
01-27-2011, 05:36 PM
I have a school on my vending route that is doing something similar to this... They put a map upin their main hall over Christmas break and had photos with strings attaching them to the state the photo was taken in.

KissMeKate
01-30-2011, 06:34 PM
I was just down in St. Louis last week and could have stopped by the Arch for photos and/or postcards. Doubt I'll be able to get there soon, but have plans for him in Chicago when he gets here.

Thistle
01-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Am back in St Louis and ready to be added back into the mix. Sorry I was away for so long, but a friend was sick and needed help. Y'all know how that goes!

Mistress Morigianna
01-30-2011, 11:52 PM
do we think I will get him by the 12th? I leave for Ariz early the 14th so if we want both states I need him by then- otherwise I will just get CA after the 22nd

;-)

Gemdrite
02-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Where is Georgie? We haven't heard from him since January 3rd!

WenchLadyKate
02-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Where is Georgie? We haven't heard from him since January 3rd!

How many states has he been to so far? I can help with NYC or the Jersey Shore. I'm a stone's throw from Seaside Heights (where they actually filmed that horrible show) on the weekends. :-)

Gemdrite
03-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Ladies, where is Georgie? I fear he has gotten lost!

Thistle
03-01-2011, 01:47 AM
A sad thought: is Allie the last person to have him? Did she get a chance to send him on his way?

Drea Beth
03-01-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm next on the list for a visit from Georgie, but he hasn't arrived yet. Praying that he hasn't gotten lost in the great void that is my landlord's front hallway. ::pray::

Gemdrite
03-01-2011, 10:05 PM
A sad thought: is Allie the last person to have him? Did she get a chance to send him on his way?
No, he made it past her, I know that. It was close though. Cupcake said she got him; Cupcake, did you send anything to us? And has he been sent to Drea Beth?

Mistress Morigianna
03-07-2011, 04:47 PM
did we find georgie yet?

Gemdrite
03-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Nope, has anyone heard from Cupcake lately? According to her profile, she was last on the forums on Feb. 11. That's almost a month ago. She okay?

Gemdrite
03-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Cupcake! You out there? Where in the world is Geo Georgie?

Thistle
03-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Does she have a Facebook account? Anyone on here her friend that can call and make sure she is OK?

Not that she wouldn't be, but sometimes a little paranoia on the behalf of our friends is a good thing

Gemdrite
03-16-2011, 12:31 AM
Drea Beth managed to make contact with her. Apparently Geo Georgie has gotten lost in the postal system somewhere. :cry: I guess I'll have to sneak a new Geo Georgie out to continue the pattern, but his travel log will be incomplete. Sadness.

Drea Beth
03-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Drea Beth managed to make contact with her. Apparently Geo Georgie has gotten lost in the postal system somewhere. :cry: I guess I'll have to sneak a new Geo Georgie out to continue the pattern, but his travel log will be incomplete. Sadness.

Just a thought... maybe those people who have had a visit could send you the travel log info electronically, so that it can be reproduced? It wouldn't be quite the same, but it would be something.

Mistress Morigianna
04-23-2011, 11:22 PM
got the new geo and he is getting pictures and will be b ack on the road on tuesday

Thistle
04-24-2011, 06:59 PM
if I'm back in the rotation, I Have a new address.

Gemdrite
04-24-2011, 07:19 PM
if I'm back in the rotation, I Have a new address.
The rotation has gotten off track. I sent out a new Geo Georgie, but really we only have a month left. So I need Geo to go to people who can get him, do whatever you would like to do, and get him back out again within 3 days or so. Whatever is being sent to the classroom can take a little longer, but GG needs to get back out if we are going to hit even half of the states. At this point, I'm doubting we'll reach even that goal.

KissMeKate
04-30-2011, 08:44 PM
GeoGeorgie has arrived safe and sound in Illinois. Perhaps we will go to the zoo tomorrow for some photo opportunities and goodies. I hope to get him back on the road ASAP!

Gemdrite
04-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks Kate!

Wicked
05-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Coun't me in for Central NY. If I can have him for the first weekend of July I will shoot a picture for you of him and a bunch of our faire family.

Isabelle Warwicke
05-02-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm still in. I have been watching the mail closely.

KissMeKate
05-02-2011, 06:41 PM
GeoGeorgie and I went to the zoo and is ready to head back out. Looks like Gellis Indigo was next on the list, but we missed Isabelle Warwicke. I have Isabelle's address, so I'll send him to her. I'll get Gellis' address for Isabelle. That way we can keep GeoGeorgie on the move.

Gemdrite
05-02-2011, 09:30 PM
We got kinda out of order, so why don't you pass him on to Isabelle, and she can pass him on to Gellis. Thanks ladies!

Isabelle Warwicke
05-04-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm checking my mail box early and often.

Gemdrite
05-05-2011, 12:43 AM
We have heard from New Jersey! The kids enjoyed the postcards, and we all learned that the Statue of Liberty is actually on the New Jersey side of the water!

Gemdrite
05-05-2011, 09:47 PM
And today we heard from Illinois! Two days in a row, wow! Thanks ladies!

Isabelle Warwicke
05-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Georgie arrived in Wisconsin! He is going to work with me today for some lunch and then we are going to visit some cheese shops and maybe take a motorcycle ride.

How many kids are in your class? (I am going to include some OG stuff for the kids ) Also, I'm going to take pictures of Georgie and I can email them to you? They will get there faster so you can share them then look for other stuff in the mail.

Gemdrite
05-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Georgie arrived in Wisconsin! He is going to work with me today for some lunch and then we are going to visit some cheese shops and maybe take a motorcycle ride.

How many kids are in your class? (I am going to include some OG stuff for the kids ) Also, I'm going to take pictures of Georgie and I can email them to you? They will get there faster so you can share them then look for other stuff in the mail.
I have 16 students. Emailing is fine, I'll give you my email address in PM. We have gotten some really cool things, and the kids bring up random facts in discussion from all the information you ladies have sent! I am definitely doing this project again next year. Hopefully he won't move as slow as a turtle next year...::kooky::

Isabelle Warwicke
05-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Cool! Georgie goes in the mail to Ohio on Monday!

Gellis Indigo
05-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Cool! Georgie goes in the mail to Ohio on Monday!

We are eagerly awaiting his arrival!

Who do we send him to after we show him around?

Gellis Indigo
05-14-2011, 04:20 PM
We showed Georgie around downtown Cincinnati today. Gem, I have some pictures that I need to email to you, and your email address has gotten lost in the shuffle, so if you could send that in a PM that would be great.

I also need to know where to send him next, and the the address.

Gemdrite
05-14-2011, 07:15 PM
PM sent. We are at the end of the initial list of wenches, but I know some people got skipped/switched/missed. Who else wants to be involved? We only have a couple more weeks.

RedFox
05-14-2011, 11:31 PM
What are all the states he has been to thus far Gem?

Gemdrite
05-14-2011, 11:56 PM
I'll have to check for sure on Monday. I know we've hit much of the east coast and the Great Lakes region. I'd like to get more western states and southern states, but time is quickly growing short. Our last day of school is June 15th.

SHpepperKat
05-15-2011, 04:46 AM
Put me on your list if you do this next year. I am in Washington state and would love to help. Time makes it not a possibility this year, but next for sure.

Gemdrite
05-19-2011, 12:13 AM
Last chance for anybody that didn't get a chance to participate! Here is where Georgie has been: Texas-->Maryland, D.C.-->North Carolina-->New York-->Michigan-->Pennsylvania-->New Jersey-->California-->Wisconsin-->Illinois-->Ohio-->Indiana

I *think* I got everybody, right? I'm working off of memory right now. I know some people got skipped; if you still want to participate, please send an address to Gellis Indigo within the next day or two please. Otherwise, Geo Georgie is coming home! Thanks!

Gemdrite
05-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Geo Georgie has come home! He came back to us yesterday, and today we got goodies from California, Indiana, and Ohio (they loved the Ohio riddle, Gellis!) I am working on getting the rest of the stuff up on the bulletin board, and then I will make sure to post the pictures here so you all can see the wonderful project you helped create!

Mistress Morigianna
05-30-2011, 11:44 PM
was there enough of the disney pins so everyone got one in the class?

I also sent you pictures to your email

Gemdrite
05-31-2011, 12:43 AM
The pins were exactly perfect! Actually, it was kind of funny, I was sitting up in the school office when I opened your box, and I showed everybody the pins. The third grade teacher is apparently an avid collector of pins, cause she goes "Aww, I don't have that one yet! Can I trade you a pin, please?!" So I let her trade one out, lol. They loved them! They absolutely loved this project, and I can't thank each of you enough for your help. I'm already planning next year.

AnnaFaerie
05-31-2011, 07:38 AM
If you need someone in Texas we are willing to take Geo George anytime.

Gemdrite
06-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Alright ladies, the pictures I have been promising are finally uploaded. Here you go:

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g142/gemdrite/Geo%20Georgie/

RedFox
06-07-2011, 12:39 PM
You can sign me up for next year - I'll be in Massachusetts for school so I can always take a weekend and go to Boston, Salem, and to a bunch of the places around my campus in Amherst.

Isabelle Warwicke
06-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Yep, put me on the list for next year too! I'll let you know where I'm going to be! I might be in training in Texas on an Air Base. How cool. Georgie goes to Camp!

Gemdrite
06-11-2011, 01:43 PM
I'll start a new thread in August when school starts again. Right now I'm just trying to remember everything that needs remembering for the end of the school year. So close!

Emma
06-30-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm willing to help you with a Kentucky stop next year! How fun!

Thistle
07-03-2011, 03:18 PM
I'll be up for Missouri next year: hopefully the last "unexpected move" will be August first, and I will be more reliable!