PDA

View Full Version : Mo - Childish glee for a newbie

LAVAGODDESSS
08-26-2010, 12:41 AM
Hi there,

No, I mean "HI!"

My name is Monique and I'm from Wisconsin. The saddest part is that all the years I lived there, I never went to the amazing Ren fests there and on the IL border. Today, I realize the fates were cruel to me! I'm own my own web design, graphics, and anything I can print on 'business.' I'm young and tenacious. Pit bull with lipstick if you will :ilu:

I moved to Michigan for my then boyfriend. Now a 6 year tradition that follows our 6 years together, my husband and I started going to a Ren fest "just cause." It was a one time deal, we weren't planning on ever going again. Just was something "to do."

Oh...oh....how ...WRONG we were.

We were in awe of this amazing magical place. For someone who role played, this should not have been a new experience. We, for three years, looked wistfully at everyone else. They made us feel so welcome, but it felt like if I'd join some magical realm where we'd get "it" a whole lot more if we just found ourselves garbed.

So with 100.00, damsel in this dress outfitted me with the most amazing outfit. My husband, in his black pj pants, cheap pirate boots, and custom leather 'vest' got to enter the magic. We are still timid, still unsure, but boy do we LOVE it.

We celebrate every year on our anniversary, and now are going multiple times a season.

We don't do authentic, and I'm apt to be wearing flattering over accurate. I wear a birdcage veil and feathers in my hair. Accurate? no, but darn I feel good!

This site seems wonderful, and I feel I don't quite understand it or the rules yet. So I'll respectfully sit back and hope to learn.::waggle::

Isabelle Warwicke
08-26-2010, 01:24 AM
Welcome aboard, and remember to keep your hands and arms inside the ride at all times.

Gellis Indigo
08-26-2010, 07:15 AM
::welcome:

Watch these boards for Wenchly happenings at MiRF each weekend this season. There is usually a Meet and Greet at least once every weekend.

Once you meet with them, you may wish to join our ranks officially and do some playing!

Thistle
08-27-2010, 03:22 PM
when I saw "MO" I thought you meant Missouri- we are gearing up for Pirate Fest in a couple weeks, and more pirate wenches are always needed. Alas, you are far away... but certainly welcome! Enjoy the boards!

Kialli
08-27-2010, 03:43 PM
And it took me a minute to realize you weren't addressing me. :smile: 'coz here, I'm Kialli, not Monique (or Mineek!)

Welcome and nice to meet you!

Kathryn Blakeley
08-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Welcome!!! :hi: Lots of MI wenches coming to join us here!! :cheer: