PDA

View Full Version : Difficult news.

Ysobelle
08-31-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm here at the hospital. Bev Petrosky passed very peacefully. The service will be early next week. She'll be buried in her pirate wench garb.

Please pray for her family.

Phoenix McHeit
08-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Oh dear...

Another phoenix is being reborn somewhere in the world. Rest peacefully, Bev.

::candle::

MaidenFaeSnow
08-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Prayers to Bev in her passing and to Amy for the difficult times she is facing. :rip:

Seodora Dragonfly
08-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Nikki, please convey my sadness to her family for their loss.

When & where will the service be? Can flowers be brought or sent there or sent somewhere else ? Please let me know.

Gwen
08-31-2010, 02:47 PM
RIP, Bev! Know that you (and Amy) are surrounded by all our love. Be in peace our friend. Amy, if you need anything, let us know! It is still kind of surreal. *big hugz* to Amy, Nikki, and all who were close to her. We have one more wonderful spirit looking over us now.

Ysobelle
08-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Carol and Amy are making the arrangements now. They have family that has to have enough time to get here. They're thinking possibly Tuesday, but it could be either Wednesday or Thursday-- Labor day makes things a little complicated.

Carol and Amy would love to see as many Wenches there as can attend. As I said, she'll be buried in her pirate Wench gear. She was a Wench and a fighter to the end.

Gwen
08-31-2010, 04:00 PM
I was trying to think of a way to tell Paul about Bev when he gets a little older. This is what I came up with. For some reason, I just felt the need to share it. I hope it does her justice!

A village comes together to play, sing, and eat together. One day a bird called a Phoenix is
spotted overhead. As this bird comes closer, the Phoenix sees the cute happy village and falls in
love with it. So she flies all over the village visiting here and there trying to find her place in the
village. One day she hears a little boy sniffling. In all the fun and excitement he has fallen and
scraped his knee. She dips lower in the sky landing softly by the boy. She takes one of her gray
feathers and magically waves it over his knee. A few moments later he looks up, wipes his tears,
and his knee no longer hurts. He is thankful to the Phoenix and runs off to play with the other
kids. The Phoenix starts to wonder again about her place in this village. Flying high above the
village, the Phoenix spots a woman struggling to walk and is looking very pale. The Phoenix
dives down and with her mighty wings catches the woman and places her gently on the ground.
The Phoenix goes to a nearby vendor and gets the woman some water and an orange. The
woman drinks the cool water and slowly eats the orange. As time passes the woman gets her
color back and is steady on her get once again. She thanks the mighty bird and is blessed the
Phoenix was there. The Phoenix thinks she may have found her place in this village when she
hears a pretty little girl sobbing in a field. The Phoenix flaps her might wings and sits next to the
girl as the girl explains that her family left her and she is so lonely. So the phoenix talks to the
girl and tells her that her family is right here in front of her. They talk and play until the girl
is strong enough to start out on a journey of her own. The Phoenix has definitely found her
place in this village. So for several years the Phoenix flies over the village helping and
supporting those she sees. Then one day her wings grow tired. She slowly glides down to the
village unable to help and unable to be herself. All her friends and villagers gather around
her during her time of need. The young boy is there. He has grown into a handsome prince.
With his strong hands, he tends to her wounds wipes away her tears. The woman is there.
She is now a beautiful queen. She has her guards stand at attention to protect her and sends
messages out to the villagers to keep them updated as all were concerned for the Phoenix. And
the pretty little girl is there and has had the greatest change of all. She has transformed into a
strong phoenix of her own might. She tells the Phoenix not to worry as her family is there and
will support and love her forever. Early the next morning, the old Phoenix falls into a deep and
peaceful forever sleep. As her body vanishes a bird's cry is heard above the village. To this day,
people say they can see this beautiful Phoenix flying over the village giving hope and help to all
who need it!

(sorry for the grammar and spelling errors as I am sure they are many)

Ravin' Raven
08-31-2010, 04:06 PM
Although I can't be there in person for the services I will be there in spirit. Expect a contingency of big black birdies to fly her to her rest.

Bev is in the summer lands now without machines and pain and in its own way that is a comfort.

Thistle
08-31-2010, 04:14 PM
May all her family and friends be comforted that she is very, very loved.

Ysobelle
08-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Oh, Gwen, that's just beautiful. I'll make sure Amy and Carol see it.

daBaroness
08-31-2010, 06:27 PM
I wasn't priviledged to have met Bev, but I feel as though she has touched me through all of the people she loved and who loved her. May all those who mourn her passing be comforted with joyful memories of this obviously amazing woman.

Adriana Rose
08-31-2010, 07:08 PM
I am so sorry for the loss that has happend. Please give hugs to those that need them for me.

May she have all the angels to welcome her home and all the angels to help her family and faire family thorugh this time.

littlekitty381
08-31-2010, 07:37 PM
I am sorry for the loss of a wench. May she rest in peace..

Local 26 Madam Mary

Foxglove2660
08-31-2010, 07:58 PM
I'll miss her so much. My love to Amy.

Lady Hefron
08-31-2010, 08:56 PM
I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Bev, but from all I've read about her, she was a remarkable women. My condolences to her friends and family.

Gwen...that is absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful epithet.

Ysobelle
09-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Amy called earlier, and so far the arrangements are as follows:

Services will be held Tuesday, September 7th, at 9.30am at the Nolan Fidale Funeral Home (http://www.nolanfidale.com/) in Aston, PA.

If you're able to make it, I know Amy and Carol would love the support, and Bev would probably get a kick out of it.

Also, Gwen, I don't know if Amy told you, but she saw what you wrote, and loved it. Just loved it.

Sterling
09-01-2010, 01:47 AM
One photo, two too many losses.
This is an old photo from 2006 when a bunch of us dressed up to go see POTC. It is one of my earliest memories of Bev and Amy. Bev is on the top left in white. Amy is 2 over wearing grey and black.
Sadly, 2 over from Amy is another sister wench we lost just a few short years ago, Leah (black pirate hat). For all of you, my love and thoughts. ::candle::

Ravin' Raven
09-01-2010, 09:40 AM
One photo, two too many losses.
This is an old photo from 2006 when a bunch of us dressed up to go see POTC. It is one of my earliest memories of Bev and Amy. Bev is on the top left in white. Amy is 2 over wearing grey and black.
Sadly, 2 over from Amy is another sister wench we lost just a few short years ago, Leah (black pirate hat). For all of you, my love and thoughts. ::candle::

Thanks Erin. My home computer has stopped working and I couldn't access any pictures to find one of Bev. Someowhere I have one of me on her lap on her scooter. I kept threatening to steal it and decorate it with feathers!

Gwen
09-01-2010, 09:44 AM
I was thinking that if anyone wants to, I am going to open my home for people to come hang out after if there isn't a reception or such. We have soda and pizza rolls. Boy that sounds lame. But anyway, Amy may be busy with family and I am kind of blah about coming back to an empty house (Scott has to work). So if anyone is interested, let me know. We live about 5 minutes from the funeral. Also I have a sleeper sofa if someone is coming into town and needs crash space. I am planning on going to Faire on Monday. If anything to pay respects to Bev there also.

Artemisia
09-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm happy to have met her and sad she had to leave us. I won't be able to make it to the services but I will send Reiki strength energy on that day.

Ysobelle
09-01-2010, 11:01 AM
They're working on putting together a reception after the interment, though we don't have all the details yet. One note, though: Amy's allergic to flowers. Leather roses, silk arrangements, or plants, if you're so inclined, would be lovely, but real flowers are going to make it impossible for Amy to be in the room, which is a bit counterproductive.

I'll post more details as I get them.

Ysobelle
09-01-2010, 11:36 AM
There's one other thing, and Amy may kill me for doing this, but that's just how it goes.

Amy's just lost her mom, and the main breadwinner in the family. She and Carol are worried about paying for the funeral, and all the bills. Please don't feel obligated, because emotional support is priceless, but if you feel so inclined, donations wouldn't go amiss.

carofcarbil(at)yahoo.com is Carol's paypal address. She'll give money directly to Amy. And also, like I said, just being present-- in person or by message-- is invaluable. They're both feeling incredibly lost.

Ysobelle
09-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Amy and Carol would love it if the Wenches came "appropriately dressed." For Wenches, that is. It's more a family show than usual, so not too much cleavage, of course, but if you're inclined to wear your bodice, etc., please do. If anyone knows the words to "Beggars to G-d," Amy wanted to know if perhaps we could sing it?

There will be a reception afterwards, and if anyone wants to bring a dish, that would be great.

SilverMirth
09-03-2010, 12:15 PM
. If anyone knows the words to "Beggars to G-d," Amy wanted to know if perhaps we could sing it?

Are these the right ones?

BEGGARS TO GOD
(Bob Franke)
The song of Gypsy Davy rang
Delighted through the night
The wise and foolish virgin
Kept her candles burning bright
Rise up my young and foolish one
And follow if you can,
There'll be no need for candles
In the arms of such a man.
Make love to each other
Be free with each other
Be prisoners of love 'til
you lie in the sod
Be friends to each other
Forgive one another
See God in each other
The night was cold and dark and wet
As they wandered on alone.
The sky became their canopy
The earth became their throne
And as their raiment ran to rags
They thought it nothing wrong
For earth and sky are robe enough
When you sing the gypsy song.
They sang and played the gypsy song
Wherever they were sent
To some it seemed a dancing tune
To some a sad lament.
But in every heart that heard them true
A tear became a smile
And the pauper or a prince
Became the gypsy for awhile.

Copyright Telephone Pole
Music Publishing Co.

Ysobelle
09-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Oh, thank you so much!

Two changes: the services start at NINE-THIRTY, and pot-luck is appreciated.

RedFox
09-03-2010, 02:00 PM
RIP Bev - you will be missed <3

I'm going to see if I can make it to the service best I can.

Ravin' Raven
09-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Beggars to G_d is one of my favorite songs. I have a version by Wild Mountain Thyme. It will be playing at the appropriate time next week.

Nikki - can ask of you to please pass on my condolences?

serena
09-03-2010, 04:35 PM
My condolences to the family, R.I.P. Bev, you are now free.

Ysobelle
09-04-2010, 02:56 AM
There will be black ribbon for Wench pins at my shop. Just ask Galia. Or anyone else, for that matter.

Phoenix McHeit
09-04-2010, 07:32 AM
There will be black ribbon for Wench pins at my shop.

Mine is still beribboned from when we lost Leah. :-(

RedFox
09-04-2010, 01:36 PM
That will be my first stop on Monday Nikki before I start my volunteering

Ysobelle
09-07-2010, 02:39 AM
Viewing starts at 9.30, the actual service around 11, so don't feel you have to be there at the dot of 9.30. I know several of you are coming, and I'm so, so glad.

See you in the morning. If you can't make it, we know you're there in spirit.

BronxGirl
09-07-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm there in spirit. -hugs-

Phoenix McHeit
09-07-2010, 11:18 AM
My prayers are with you today. I love you all.

Gwen
09-07-2010, 06:02 PM
For those who did not see this. If you click on the link for the funeral home and then click on Bev's name, it brings up her obit. At the bottom there is a place to send your condolences to the family. Just in case anyone cares to do so.

It was a long hot day. I think the quote of the day is "This just sucks". I think Bev would have been happy though. She had a lot of friends and family there. Although she probably would have had made a snarky remark about how sappy we are, she would have seen the how beautiful it was to see everyone supporting each other, be it friend, wench, church member, or family. Amy is understandably shaken but between her family and friends, she will get through this.

Anyway, I just thought I would pass on the thing about the web page. I just saw it late last night, myself.

Amy called earlier, and so far the arrangements are as follows:

Services will be held Tuesday, September 7th, at 9.30am at the Nolan Fidale Funeral Home (http://www.nolanfidale.com/) in Aston, PA.

Phoenix McHeit
09-07-2010, 09:16 PM
For those who did not see this. If you click on the link for the funeral home and then click on Bev's name, it brings up her obit. At the bottom there is a place to send your condolences to the family. Just in case anyone cares to do so.

*snip*
Anyway, I just thought I would pass on the thing about the web page. I just saw it late last night, myself.

Thank you for that info. I'm so sorry I couldn't be there today.

Ysobelle
09-08-2010, 02:46 AM
I've just come back from sitting by the grave with the family for a few hours, telling stories and drinking toasts. (Well, mine was Coke, but you know what I mean.) It was pretty...well, fun is absolutely the wrong word, but I have to say it could have been worse. Today just sucked, plain and simple, but it was made so much more bearable by having a crowd of Wenches there, and a fabulous family of awesome people.

I also joked that I've finally ticked off that last box on my Goth Cred card: sitting by a fresh grave in the middle of the night. I always was a late bloomer.

Bev, you're sorely missed, and I love you. We all love you.

PS: The joke I made in my speech about the bear? I discovered at the grave there actually WAS a bear story. Why am I not really all that surprised? Trust Bev to have a story about a bear.