PDA

View Full Version : Wench.org: My Newest Discovery

MissOutandAbout
08-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Hello folks,

Through the mystery ether of the internet (Google), I happened upon this site. I must say, I'm becoming an addicted lurker already. Thank you for making my unproductive work days even more so. :-D

Just wanted to say "Hail and well met!" to the forum. Quick tidbit: I used to be a long-time attendee of the MDRF but have never, ever donned some pretty garb. I've always wanted to, just never have. Hence, I'm a Faire Newb. (Although I am buying a pretty get-up -- just waiting for it to be made.)

Anyway, enough about me... going back to lurking and learning. :hi:

Margaret
08-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Well hi there and howdy! :-D

Any questions you may have - please ask away.

Gellis Indigo
09-01-2010, 07:17 AM
::welcome:

Kathryn Blakeley
09-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Welcome to the fun! :hi:

Thistle
09-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Welcome! You may find the first time you do dress up and attend faire, its entirely different! Everything is shiny and new, and its almost like Christmas, Halloween and New Years- all rolled into one!

MissOutandAbout
09-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks and double-thanks for the warm welcome, ladies. :smile:

Welcome! You may find the first time you do dress up and attend faire, its entirely different! Everything is shiny and new, and its almost like Christmas, Halloween and New Years- all rolled into one!

I'm beyond excited, looking forward to trying it on. Keeping my fingers and various other appendages crossed it arrives in time (and fits!). I have a feeling, in addition to what you've mentioned, that it'll create a monster. ;-)

Now I've just got to figure out how to lace up the bodice... yikes. Ah, the joys of newbishness. ::whistle::

Kae
09-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Welcome to the mayhem!

And I have found that half the pleasure of getting into a bodice is the person who ties it up for you.
Kae

MissOutandAbout
09-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Welcome to the mayhem!

And I have found that half the pleasure of getting into a bodice is the person who ties it up for you.
Kae

Mayhem? Sounds perfect!

Haha, yes. I could already see the gleam in the moth's (man of the house) eyes when he saw pics of the garb. Cheeky bugger.

Margaret
09-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Kae

Or, better yet, who unties it for you. ::waggle::

KissMeKate
09-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Head north this weekend to Bristol for the last weekend of the season! A lot of us can be found working in shops, but the weather looks to be great for all 3 days. Check out the posts for Local 34.5 for more info.

Torra
09-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Welcome to the forums!

If you head to Devlyn's fabulous page (http://www.oddbodkin.com/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=6&chapter=2), there are instructions on lacing.

MissOutandAbout
09-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Head north this weekend to Bristol for the last weekend of the season! A lot of us can be found working in shops, but the weather looks to be great for all 3 days. Check out the posts for Local 34.5 for more info.

So very tempted -- even without having the garb yet! (We had only been one time previous to the Bristol Faire, back in the early 00's before moving overseas. Had a great time.)

Welcome to the forums!

If you head to Devlyn's fabulous page (http://www.oddbodkin.com/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=6&chapter=2), there are instructions on lacing.

Oh thaaaaank you, thank you. :cheer: You read my mind; I was actually going to go search for such a thread as I noticed the bodice I'm getting is "threaded" from top to bottom. Started me to wondering if that was correct and exactly how I should properly lace it up. *blush*