PDA

View Full Version : You know it is faire season when...

Stolenhalo6
09-02-2010, 11:45 PM
...you get new tan lines in interesting places.

(Please feel free to contribute. I bet some of you ladies and gents have some tid bits to make us all chuckle.)

Rowen
09-03-2010, 10:05 AM
The upholstery (and sometimes dashboard) of your car sparkles like a Twilight vampire, thanks to the 'fairy dust' sprinkled on your bodice line.

Lady Hefron
09-03-2010, 11:28 AM
...You hear questions from yourself and your friends like "Does I really need another skirt or are twelve enough?" and "Does anyone know where to find black cotton cord for a bodice lacing?" and "Can I really get away with three chemises and two shirts or do I need more?".

PixieStyx
09-03-2010, 12:41 PM
..."Does I really need another skirt or are twelve enough?" ... and "Can I really get away with three chemises and two shirts or do I need more?".

I've gone to faires for a few years but just joined the ranks here. I think I can answer these questions with a smackerel of confidence:

NO!!! You can NEVER have enough and you'll ALWAYS need more. More chemises, more bodices, more skirts, more hats, gloves, bloomers, and more more more stripey socks!!!

The day my dress-up box is full is the day I get another dress-up box!

Drea Beth
09-03-2010, 12:52 PM
You know it's faire season when... you stash your change in your cleavage and then realize that you're in the cafeteria at work and that's why the cashier is looking at you strangely!

Emmaline Love
09-03-2010, 01:00 PM
You know it's faire season when... you stash your change in your cleavage and then realize that you're in the cafeteria at work and that's why the cashier is looking at you strangely!

Not to mention fishing it back out again...

Helene
09-03-2010, 01:42 PM
when it takes you a few days to lose your "faire" accent!!!! lol

BryanPopp
09-03-2010, 02:44 PM
When you greet your co-workers by grasping their forearm instead of shaking their hand.

Selena
09-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Your ID, money, credit cards and misc things remain in your pouch instead of your regular purse or wallet.

GoodyTombShoes
09-03-2010, 08:02 PM
When you're looking at the peasant blouses at KMart and thinking that it would make a nice chemise.
When your feet have a permanent shoelace tanline from your ghillies.
When people call you your faire name and you respond, no thought required.

Bean
09-03-2010, 08:56 PM
When you get your nails done in a polish that matches your garb choice for the weekend..... in this case, purple to match the pirate coat.

TheAlchemistsStar
09-03-2010, 09:57 PM
...you find yourself directing privy traffic in the ladies toilets at work...

...you realize that you're actually expecting men to stare at your chest and not look at your eyes...

LissaRoisin
09-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Your ID, money, credit cards and misc things remain in your pouch instead of your regular purse or wallet.

I actually bought a special wallet for this so that I can transfer to it from purse to pouch and back with ease

Adriana Rose
09-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Your laundry line looks like a prop for Petticoat Junction.

When your 3 year old sees the commercial for the fair and yells " The castle house!" ( thats what he calls our shop) And then asks where his Garland Girls are.

Lady Hefron
09-04-2010, 07:09 PM
I've gone to faires for a few years but just joined the ranks here. I think I can answer these questions with a smackerel of confidence:

NO!!! You can NEVER have enough and you'll ALWAYS need more. More chemises, more bodices, more skirts, more hats, gloves, bloomers, and more more more stripey socks!!!

The day my dress-up box is full is the day I get another dress-up box!

Yup, That's my answer.

BryanPopp
09-04-2010, 09:22 PM
You have to disarm you vehicle before you go to work.

Catea
09-05-2010, 10:46 AM
When I find the *lost* credit card in a leather pouch..

Stolenhalo6
09-06-2010, 05:44 PM

I hear ya! You know it's faire season when you forget proper manners in the mundane world and adjust your girls in public! :oops:

Lady Hefron
09-06-2010, 07:10 PM
I hear ya! You know it's faire season when you forget proper manners in the mundane world and adjust your girls in public! :oops:

Oh gasp, this!

The 6th Rogue
09-08-2010, 12:04 PM
You fill several tissues with black snot the next morning.

Adriana Rose
09-08-2010, 11:23 PM
I really hate faire boogies

RedFox
09-08-2010, 11:43 PM
-You wear pieces of garb to work/school

-You read a sign that has the same color scheme as a faire sign and think of faire before realizing it has nothing to do with faire what-so-ever

daBaroness
09-09-2010, 03:28 AM
You suddenly realize you can't change clothes in the work parking lot because people WILL stare.

Lux
09-09-2010, 07:59 PM
You fill several tissues with black snot the next morning.

Ack! you stole my totally unique response! NICE!!!

You think to yourself "I just dont look right with out my red lipstick" even though you are only going to drop your kids off at school...::freakyf:

Lady Dee Va
09-09-2010, 11:31 PM
You wear pieces of garb to church to make the change quicker at the gate

Stolenhalo6
09-11-2010, 11:09 AM

You skip church all together because it's faire season and God will understand!

Lady Laurel
09-11-2010, 02:02 PM
you keep finding sand in strange places on your body even after you have taken a shower... Don't ask....::ike::

Gemdrite
09-11-2010, 07:59 PM
I do this one purpose...it's fun to see the looks from people! Starts a great convo about faire, and usually the opening line from people who dare to come up to me is "Why didn't you tell me you were going, I would have gone with you!"

Lady Sarah
09-11-2010, 09:59 PM
you walk into a restaurant you've been going to for years (the one where they know you by name!), in garb, and everyone stops to stare... and you can't figure out why.

RedFox
09-12-2010, 12:18 AM
when you get undressed and change, bills, etc fall from your chest even though you could have sworn you removed it all

Gellis Indigo
09-12-2010, 08:57 AM
...you go to faire in just a Silver Squirrel skirt and IWG t-shirt, and people you speak to every weekend and know you by name don't even recognize you.

The 6th Rogue
09-12-2010, 09:42 PM
you keep finding sand in strange places on your body even after you have taken a shower... Don't ask....::ike::

when you get undressed and change, bills, etc fall from your chest even though you could have sworn you removed it all

I don't know which of you I want to know more right now.

Roberto Phoenix
09-13-2010, 11:47 PM
You look at your job and you think "why the f--- am I doing this.

The 6th Rogue
09-14-2010, 10:39 AM
You look at your job and you think "why the f--- am I doing this.

I can answer that: because the lottery tickets haven't paid off big yet.

MillieWylde
09-14-2010, 02:31 PM
-You wear pieces of garb to work/school

...is it a bad thing if I do that ANYWAY? Regardless of Faire season? :wink:

RedFox
09-14-2010, 08:14 PM
...is it a bad thing if I do that ANYWAY? Regardless of Faire season? :wink:

I'll let you know when I find out.... cause I do it too >><<

SilverMirth
09-14-2010, 11:31 PM
There are sounds of sewing machines whirring away into the night with the soft counterpoint of the seam ripper picking out threads while the air turns blue as the seamstress declares that "this chemise/skirt/bodice/doublet has to be finished by Friday night!" While across the room the clink of chain mail is held aloft to check for missing rings and the hiss of steam from the iron is heard as it presses the pleats back into the kilt of handsome rogue who shall don it.

Emmaline Love
09-14-2010, 11:51 PM
you pick bits of flowers and other various types of foliage from your hair for days after attending only to put more flowers into your hair the next weekend