PDA

View Full Version : Why I Walk - Memorable Hits

Margaret
09-06-2010, 08:14 PM
The enjoyment of Wench Walks has waxed and waned for me. It started out fun, then went to eh.

So now, I am Walk Leader of the Local. Last Sunday we had a Walk lead by Ceilidh - our resident Pirate capt. and VM emitrius (or however you spell that). Anyway...

On our Walk, I see a man standing there. Older guy, gray hair, but still very handsome. I point him out to Ceilidh and she says "Go and get him." I saunter over and just stand there and grin at him. The people around him see that "something" is going on - he's still reading the program. On of the guys says "Hey Dad." He looks up and sees me. I introduce myself, and state that my friends and I were on a Walk and could not help but be drawn to such a handsome man (point out the rest of the Wenches who have gone off to the side a wee bit. They wave at him.) I ask if his wife is in the group here. He said no, she went off to that booth to get a peach billini. "My God, I like her already!! Hang on, I will be right back."

I find his wife who had just gotten her drink. "Madame, I must speak to you about your husband." Point to the Wenches (they wave) and explain how we would like to appreciate her husband. "Oh, it's up to him, but maybe if you start somethin' we can get it finished tonight!!" I KNEW I liked her!!

The gentleman takes a knee and proceeds to take his kisses with good graces. His family cat calls and takes pictures. As second to the Walk Leader I get the second to the last hit. "Hello handsome, what's your name." His name is Robert. "Well Robert, I bet you never expected this to happen when you walked in those gates today now did you?" No, he admits. :-D

We invite his wife to take her kiss behind a circle of skirts and I do believe that woman is a damn fine Wench.

His kids and family thanked us, as did Robert. It was a good show for us and it was a dang fun hit.

That's why I Walk. How 'bout you?

Bean
09-07-2010, 05:37 PM
I remember my very first foray into visiting another faire.... it was Michigan. Well, I have to say, you all spoiled me forever on meeting new locals. Everything pales in comparison to the welcome I received. I was taken garb shopping, had my first wench walk, my first kilt check, and was generally introduced into the wonderful world of wenching.

I will always hold you guys in a very special place in my heart and I am the wench I am today because of you guys. Your walks rocked!!!

Margaret
09-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Aw pisha Bean. Thank you.

I believe we licked you and claimed you as our own that weekend as well. :aok:

Gellis Indigo
09-13-2010, 07:15 AM
Aw pisha Bean. Thank you.

I believe we licked you and claimed you as our own that weekend as well. :aok:

Demmit Mags, what have I told you about licking the guests?

Phoenix McHeit
09-13-2010, 07:19 AM

That it's fun, should be done often, and with great gusto? ;-)

Margaret
09-13-2010, 08:38 AM

Bean ain't no guest. She's family!!! :cheer:

Gellis Indigo
09-13-2010, 01:17 PM
That it's fun, should be done often, and with great gusto? ;-)

And that you should always ask permission first!

Annabella St. Clair
09-13-2010, 11:46 PM
Not a walk moment but the first time I met Lady Sarah, up in MIRF visiting from Texas, she walked up to me and fluffed me. Never forgot that.

We recently did a Navy man on our first walk of the season this year. His wife marked it GOOD on the front of his khaki pants with red lipstick. WOW.