PDA

View Full Version : Possibly a stupid question...

TallyHo
09-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Well, maybe a few. LOL.

I've paid for my membership, but haven't received any of the goodies yet. Is there any way I can get access to the Brown Book Download while I wait?

Second, I notice when I'm scrolling through the forums and when I just log in that the facebook and twitter symbols across the top of the page sometimes have numbers on them, as if there are new posts. When I click on it, it wants me to "share"...can someone explain this? OK, I know what sharing is, but where did the 7 "whatevers" go that it showed were there? Do I need to add something to my twitter/facebook? I'm missing something, obviously. :)

Gellis Indigo
09-08-2010, 12:33 PM
There are no stupid questions.

I can sort of help with your first question, about downloading the Little Brown Book.

Since we (we being our Webmistress) have recently made a switch to the new look of this forum, some things are still being migrated and updated, and the LBB is one of them. So it is currently unavailable for download.

However, once it does become available, you will need to have done the following:
Go to "Settings"
Go to "Permission Groups"
Join Local 57.

Once the songbook becomes available again you will then be able to download the LBB. I know it's not the immediate fix you were hoping for.

As for the Facebook and Twitter stuff, I'm sure others know more about that than I do, and hopefully they will jump in with some answers for you.

TallyHo
09-08-2010, 12:48 PM
At least I know I wasn't doing something incorrectly then, since I tried the link provided to join the user group, and nothing happened. :)

I shall wait for my official materials to arrive!