PDA

View Full Version : Oregon manhunt

rosefaeries
09-17-2010, 11:22 PM
It has been "interesting" here for the past 24 plus hours.

There is a manhunt hunt going on here for a car jacking suspect who kidnapped a man and left him duct taped to a tree. The suspect sole his keys, wallet. back pack and car. He is considered armed and dangerous. (He had a standoff with OSP on Hwy 58). Hwy 58 was shut down for a few hours, then it reopened on a limited basis. (It is now currently open with warnings for drivers not to stop and to remain in their vehicles.)

Oh did I mention that he is a registered sex offender from Idaho and has wilderness survival skills.....:unamused:

The standoff took place about seven miles from town. Easily covered on foot in the time he has had.

The town has been alerted and to take extra precautions. (Pretty much what I have already been doing.)

Sirens have been going off in spurts since yesterday. (It is getting to the point that I can tell the difference between city, county and state police ) This afternoon there was an alleged sighting further up Hwy 58 . The sighting was considered credible, but the suspect is still loose.

I really hope that he is caught soon. And I am concerned that there are people camping who have no idea of what is going on and that there are residents in the area that have no idea. Tv reception is poor here and many people do not have cable or satellite due to the cost. There are areas that there is no radio reception either.

Hopefully this will be over soon.

Kathryn Blakeley
09-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Stay safe dear ::hug::

rosefaeries
09-19-2010, 05:19 AM
It appears that the manhunt is over. At 9:30 pm tonight, according to two news websites, the suspect was shot on Fish Hatchery Road. That is way too close to town. He was within a quarter of a mile or so of city limits and there are a lot of people who live at the fish hatchery.

The suspect has been transported to the valley to the hospital there. No news of what condition he is in other than he was transported code 3. The officer was not injured.

There are news crews are up here. Hopefully by morning, there will be more information.

You know, he got awfully close to where I live, and there are a lot of kids that are in this area. It was too close for comfort. He was also waaaay to close to people I know in the fish hatchery area.

This could have so easily ended very badly. I am so thankful that it didn't end with other innocent people being hurt (that we know of yet).

daBaroness
09-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Glad it's over and you and your fellow citizens are safe. Don't ya wonder why Idaho - known mostly for potatoes is home to so many whack jobs?

rosefaeries
09-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Glad it's over and you and your fellow citizens are safe. Don't ya wonder why Idaho - known mostly for potatoes is home to so many whack jobs?

Because for every ton of potatoes they sell outside of the state a whack job is imported in??

On a side note. The location given in the original reports for the shoot out was wrong. The shoot out actually happened right on the very edge of town. (Don't you just love it when the news gets things wrong) I saw the video this morning and recognized where it was at.

I am so glad that I had canceled my photo trip I was going to be doing this weekend. It was going to be in the area that he most likely was in. That is all I would have needed was to run into him out there, and for me to be the only adult in the group.

The 6th Rogue
09-20-2010, 05:02 PM
(Don't you just love it when the news gets things wrong)

You mean they get stuff right sometimes?

Ravin' Raven
09-20-2010, 09:14 PM

Hey I resemble that remark. ::badhair: