PDA

View Full Version : Just out of curiosity

SpeedKnight
09-19-2010, 12:14 PM
I know some of you don't do the Facebook thing. Some of you do. Either way, how many of you have heard of "The Boot Campaign?"
I know that Appy has heard of it. She's even got her own pair of boots. She also managed to get a photoshoot of what looked like over 50 people, cast included, at Bristol, with her, front and center, booted up... and she dedicated the shot to me. :-) *big hugs to Appy*

Who else is a supporter of "The Boot Campaign?"

Bean
09-19-2010, 04:06 PM
I've seen the website, but right now can't afford the boots. Would love to get some since my nephew is a Marine and will probably be a 20 year man.

The 6th Rogue
09-20-2010, 04:03 PM
News to me, what's it all about, Alphie?

Margaret
09-20-2010, 04:53 PM
News to me, what's it all about, Alphie?

http://www.bootcampaign.com/welcome.html

A way of supporting military men and women coming home.

The 6th Rogue
09-22-2010, 10:21 AM
That's pretty cool. If I had the spare scratch I'd order up a pair.

DoņaNina
09-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Ha! Any excuse is a good excuse when it comes to boots! I love our troops, and I love me some boots!! :thumbsup:

Isabelle Warwicke
09-22-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm a member and have borrowed Apropos' boots for some photo shots of my own.

I can't afford to buy the boots from the group, but have considered heading to my local Surplus store to pick up a second hand pair.

SpeedKnight
09-23-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm a member and have borrowed Apropos' boots for some photo shots of my own.

I can't afford to buy the boots from the group, but have considered heading to my local Surplus store to pick up a second hand pair.

I'd send you a pair of mine, but I wear 'em till they fall apart. lol Plus... you remember that photo of you in a barrel? Yeah... it'd be a boot shaped barrel. Plus, they seem to prefer Desert Tan over black. lol

Apropos
09-23-2010, 01:50 PM
The Boot Campaign was brought to my attention through the USO. I volunteer with them and some of the money raised by the Boot Campaign is donated to the USO. My boots have the official logo on them but any boots worn in support are boot campaign boots. I have told my friends if they can't buy boots to go to surplus stores. It's not about the official boots, it is about showing support. At the USO we say it like walk a mile in their shoes or we wear them cuz they wear them support.

This is also one of the charities that the boot campaign supports.

http://www.lonesurvivorfoundation.org/

Some of the USO personnel had the honor to meet with Marcus and said he is a stand up guy. I am happy to wear my boots to support his charity too.

Bean
09-23-2010, 09:30 PM
I might have my Marine nephew get me a pair from Cherry Point. He leaves for Afghanistan next month and will be gone for 7.

SpeedKnight
09-24-2010, 11:54 AM
The Boot Campaign was brought to my attention through the USO. I volunteer with them and some of the money raised by the Boot Campaign is donated to the USO. My boots have the official logo on them but any boots worn in support are boot campaign boots. I have told my friends if they can't buy boots to go to surplus stores. It's not about the official boots, it is about showing support. At the USO we say it like walk a mile in their shoes or we wear them cuz they wear them support.

This is also one of the charities that the boot campaign supports.

http://www.lonesurvivorfoundation.org/

Some of the USO personnel had the honor to meet with Marcus and said he is a stand up guy. I am happy to wear my boots to support his charity too.

You are so totally tied for #2 on my list of best wenches ever!!! I'm just sayin'.

Apropos
09-24-2010, 12:22 PM
You are so totally tied for #2 on my list of best wenches ever!!! I'm just sayin'.

You say that to all the wenches that wear boots and send you hot sauce!!! LOL

Have I said thank you for all that you are doing today?

SpeedKnight
09-26-2010, 02:13 AM
You say that to all the wenches that wear boots and send you hot sauce!!! LOL

Only for the ones that wear boots and send me hot sauce, or for the ones that wear boots and send me "Pringles."

Have I said thank you for all that you are doing today?

I needed that. I started work yesterday at 0630 and didn't get off until almost midnight. Then I was back at it this morning at 0645, and I have no idea when I get off today. On the bright side, there's only a week left in the work week, which started September 13th.

I need some "Pringles."