PDA

View Full Version : Things Kids Ask!

Jamianne
11-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Parenting is never dull! This was so cute I just had to share:

Over the past couple weeks, Gwydion has asked me the following questions:

1. What's a soul?
2. Where do we come from? (Not "where do babies come from", but *everything*, the world, trees, people, etc!)
3. Who's God?
4. What happens when we're dead? Followed by: how do we get back alive?
5. Why do some families have two mommies or two daddies?
6. How are the aliens going to visit? (followed by a discussion of worm-hole physics - apparently he also asked Daddy this one first)

Mind you, the child is 3 (almost 4). And he would not accept anything other than a complete and detailed answer! I expected these questions eventually, but certainly not yet! It completely blew my mind! :lol:

The 6th Rogue
11-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Yeah, they do that.

MaidenFaeSnow
11-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Driving past a cemetery recently, my grandson (4) sees a green tent amongst the headstones. He asked, "Are they having a tea party today?"

BronxGirl
11-08-2010, 11:48 AM
PG, when she was that age, was fascinated with qualitative issues. She saw a dead sparrow on the sidewalk and asked: 'How much does its brain weigh?'

Gemdrite
11-08-2010, 09:03 PM
When discussing different types of animals, one of my students asked "When we eat meat, what part of the animal are we eating?" I think the best thing about teaching is that no two days are the same, and no two brains work the same way, so you will always be surprised at what they come up with!

Andreadoria
11-08-2010, 11:34 PM
That is One of the reasons I love Kids....wish I had a few.

My cousin's Kids call to ask me questions all the time.

My Fave from last year in MI when Amelia was 4 What's a cannibal...I explain...as her dad is driving and laughing, I say Watch the Pedestrian. Amelia Ask What's a Pedestrian...I explain...then she decides Pedestrians are cannibals and we say some may be but not all...cause you just never know...and we all started laughing

Gemdrite
11-09-2010, 12:49 AM
That is One of the reasons I love Kids....wish I had a few.

My cousin's Kids call to ask me questions all the time.

My Fave from last year in MI when Amelia was 4 What's a cannibal...I explain...as her dad is driving and laughing, I say Watch the Pedestrian. Amelia Ask What's a Pedestrian...I explain...then she decides Pedestrians are cannibals and we say some may be but not all...cause you just never know...and we all started laughing
How funny that you posted this, because the meat question that I posted prior, actually led into a very brief discussion about cannibals! When I said that we ate the muscle parts of animals, I pointed to my arm, and they grossed out. When I said "not people muscle, animal muscle!" the kids seemed okay, until one yelled out "Well, there are *some* people other people!" I just said, "Not here. Moving on in science...." This lesson followed the discussion about what makes mammals mammals, and how mommy mammals feed baby mammals. It was a crazy week in science! I am still amazed I didn't get any parent phone calls that week.

Jamianne
11-09-2010, 07:21 AM
*lol* We made the mistake of having the cannibal discussion - I don't even remember what prompted him to ask. Now Gwydion claims he's a cannibal when he bites Rhiannon. Though in his head it's okay to eat his sister, but not cows. "No, mommy, we don't get hamburger from cows. That's silly. We just get milk from cows!"

Triskel
12-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Parenting is never dull! This was so cute I just had to share:

Over the past couple weeks, Gwydion has asked me the following questions:

1. What's a soul?
2. Where do we come from? (Not "where do babies come from", but *everything*, the world, trees, people, etc!)
3. Who's God?
4. What happens when we're dead? Followed by: how do we get back alive?
5. Why do some families have two mommies or two daddies?
6. How are the aliens going to visit? (followed by a discussion of worm-hole physics - apparently he also asked Daddy this one first)

Mind you, the child is 3 (almost 4). And he would not accept anything other than a complete and detailed answer! I expected these questions eventually, but certainly not yet! It completely blew my mind! :lol:

Children are the original Philosophers. What I laugh at is that for awhile my niece was captivated in pregnancy. We told her that boys were involved when she askes "Can I have a baby with a girl instead?" We laughed so hard we couldn't answer.

Mistress_Autumn
01-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Children are the original Philosophers. What I laugh at is that for awhile my niece was captivated in pregnancy. We told her that boys were involved when she askes "Can I have a baby with a girl instead?" We laughed so hard we couldn't answer.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

*snickers* Ok. Had my hysterectomy and Anna wanted to know what it was. So I explained. She looked at me quizzically and said "Does that mean you're going to be a boy, now?"

Triskel
01-23-2011, 10:50 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

*snickers* Ok. Had my hysterectomy and Anna wanted to know what it was. So I explained. She looked at me quizzically and said "Does that mean you're going to be a boy, now?"

Simply brilliant! I enjoy just listening to my niece say things. Plus, she's decided that she wants to plan my wedding...FRUIT LOOPS ALL AROUND!

MillieWylde
03-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Just a tech of background... about 3 weeks ago (maybe more now, I don't remember for sure) my son (3) and I got on YouTube and were looking at videos of different animals. For some reason, we focused in on beavers and watched probably a dozen different videos of beavers, all the while discussing their life-cycle, habits, and habitat.

Now, this morning, my son is running around in his PJs and I asked him to get dressed. He didn't want to, so I let him stay in his PJs, but asked him to go to his room and get some socks to wear. He was in there for probably 10 minutes. When he came back he was carrying the socks. He climbs up on the bed (behind me, where I sit at the computer) and says "Mama, I have my socks. Can we watch beavers?"

*blink blink* "What?" I replied.

"Beavers." He says, busily putting his socks on. "I want you to get a TV and I want you to me to watch beavers."

*rotfl* ...I about fell out of my chair at the randomness of it...

Gemdrite
03-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Not really a question, but the other day my students were working on something and I overheard one of the girls say, "I don't want to have a baby." My head snapped to attention, thinking I *must* have misheard something. I asked her what she said, and she replied, "When I grow up, I don't want to have babies." I laughed inside and told her that that was not a good topic of discussion for school and that she needed to get back to work. Oi!

The 6th Rogue
03-07-2011, 11:47 AM
My son has taken to declaring people "bad" recently. If you don't do what he wants he declares "Bad (insert who ever you are to him here)." If something he's playing with doesn't do what he wants he calls it bad. Some people get called bad the second he sees them like my wife's parents. It's cute but I'm also wondering if that is something that is going to stay buried in his psyche as he grows.