PDA

View Full Version : Random Acts of Kindness

Mermaid
11-27-2010, 12:08 AM
For the past few years since my mom died, I have been sending an email to both my friends and hers (I have her email list) asking everyone to do a Random Act of Kindness in honor of her birthday which was Nov. 24. I've received awesome emails back, and great responses. I fully intend to continue this every year.
This past month has been a challenge for me. Not only am I moving to a new place, but my truck needed repairs that were more than planned (aren't they always!) I needed a fridge for the new place, but was going to have to do without for a few weeks until I can catch up. I started giving away things in my fridge/freezer, and my boss messaged me on Facebook and said don't--that's all I can say. I went to pick up my key to the new house, and my landlord said let's go in the kitchen where you can use the counter to write on. There was a brand new fridge sitting in my kitchen! Inside was a computer printed note that said "Random Act of Kindness". Apparently the delivery was given my boss's number, since her husband is who found the house for me, so they knew that she would know how to contact my landlord. I have my ideas on who this was, but trying too hard to figure it out would defeat the act. There weren't too many people who knew I needed a fridge!
I'll be paying this one forward for quite a while!

Ysobelle
11-27-2010, 04:11 AM
That made me tear up. How wonderful! Is the fridge yours, or the landlord's?

Thistle
11-27-2010, 04:44 AM
what a great way to remember a loved one.

Torra
11-27-2010, 07:47 AM
That's great. I think it's a wonderful way to remember your mom.

Mermaid
11-27-2010, 12:24 PM
That made me tear up. How wonderful! Is the fridge yours, or the landlord's?

It's mine--he just met them there to accept delivery.
And yeah, it makes me tear up every time I think about it.

daBaroness
12-01-2010, 09:52 PM
That's awesome Lisa. And no one deserves it like you do! You don't need to pay back the fridge - you definitely paid it forward.