PDA

View Full Version : Rest Well Miss Elizabeth

daBaroness
12-08-2010, 12:43 AM
I read an article about Elizabeth Edwards just yesterday that said she had posted her last thoughts and goodbyes on Facebook and that it probably wouldn't be long before she made her transition. The author was sadly correct, Elizabeth Edwards made her transition today at age 61.

Whatever your politics - Miss Elizabeth was one remarkable women. She was smart (got better grades in law school than her husband), a great mom, strong, resiliant, full of grace and incredibly courageous. She not only fought a six-year battle against breast cancer, she did it in the public eye. And on top of it - she had to endure the discovery and aftermath of her husband's betrayal of her, their children and their marriage - again, in the public eye.

I'm saddened that as hard as she fought her illness, in the end, we've lost her. I'm even more saddened that she leaves two young children behind. I pray that they'll carry on her legacy of strength, passion for life and courage as adults. I pray that John Edwards understands the depth of his betrayal of her and frankly, that he carries regret and guilt the rest of his days. I pray he has half the strength and courage of his wife in raising their children and that he reminds them each day of her many gifts and her powerful love for them.

Rest well Miss Elizabeth - and guard over your children. May they meet you every night in their dreams.

Lady Hefron
12-08-2010, 10:26 AM
She was a wonderful lady and she deserved better. Rest in Peace.

letitfly
12-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Unfortunately the Reverend Phelps and his sideshow of inbred freakoids are in town to protest at her funeral. Protest or whatever they call it. At least 1,500 people have signed up on Facebook to go and form a human wall. If I have the energy, I plan to go.