PDA

View Full Version : Input needed for an event

LdyJhawk
12-17-2010, 01:07 PM
So, my stepdad opened his mouth and dropped me into it.

He is a member of the roughrider's brotherhood in Lincoln, NE. Every year they do a bike show in Lincoln and they go all out for a theme which they then get judged on and win money for. Right..so this year in February the roughriders decided their theme is "The renaissance"

Somehow I have been named the expert on this after 21 seasons of working renfaires (I was a child for quite a few of them so what do I know..). They want ideas on decorations. Hay bales and shields painted with the brotherhood logo. They're going to mount motorcycles with lances to "joust" and all I can think of are pennants and drawbridges and castle related things.

HELP!

Oh..and if anyone just wants an excuse to dress up and wander around a bunch of bikers in Nebraska, they're hoping I can find "wenches". WTF yo. I'd do it but I'm going to sort of be about 6.5 months pregnant at the time and I'm not sure how lacing in will feel or how little man will enjoy the smushing of his space

AnnaFaerie
12-17-2010, 02:02 PM
I am brain dead so I don't have any ideas for you, but I had to say this sounds like great fun.

Lady Sarah
12-17-2010, 04:20 PM
The only ideas I've got for you, LadyJ, is to do an Italian Renaissance dress instead of a regular wench wear. Think of hte dresses in Ever After. They lace the boobies, but the skirt is free flowing. MUCH easier on baby!

I got no clue for the bikes or other props.

LdyJhawk
12-17-2010, 05:06 PM
The only ideas I've got for you, LadyJ, is to do an Italian Renaissance dress instead of a regular wench wear. Think of hte dresses in Ever After. They lace the boobies, but the skirt is free flowing. MUCH easier on baby!

I got no clue for the bikes or other props.

I've pondered that but for some reason, being bikers they have the omgboooobs aspect firmly embraced in their minds.

I'm so screwed

Lady Sarah
12-17-2010, 08:30 PM
I've pondered that but for some reason, being bikers they have the omgboooobs aspect firmly embraced in their minds.

I'm so screwed

:roll:

and YOU dress to please other people?
You're fucking pregnant, sweetie, not their Boobie Prize. You wear what's best for YOU and let other costume clad people worry about the ZOMGBoobies.

Isabelle Warwicke
12-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Find a food vendor that will do turkey legs. The shields with the Group's logo is a good idea. Fly lots of banners or flags. Tell your Daddy to tell his biker friends not to stare at his Daughter's rack.

SHpepperKat
12-19-2010, 02:13 PM
I keep thinking DRAGONS... Fire breathing dragons. not quite sure how to put it into play, but there you are.

Triskel
12-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Foodage is always a good idea. As for other ideas depends what time period. What about music? Do you have any comedy/drama shows? How about a Queen walking around being all Queeny? Banquets were quite popular in that time period. Lots of drinking and dancing were the main events. ^.^

I hope that helps!!!

sexycg
12-26-2010, 11:57 PM
So, my stepdad opened his mouth and dropped me into it.

He is a member of the roughrider's brotherhood in Lincoln, NE. Every year they do a bike show in Lincoln and they go all out for a theme which they then get judged on and win money for. Right..so this year in February the roughriders decided their theme is "The renaissance"

Somehow I have been named the expert on this after 21 seasons of working renfaires (I was a child for quite a few of them so what do I know..). They want ideas on decorations. Hay bales and shields painted with the brotherhood logo. They're going to mount motorcycles with lances to "joust" and all I can think of are pennants and drawbridges and castle related things.

HELP!

Oh..and if anyone just wants an excuse to dress up and wander around a bunch of bikers in Nebraska, they're hoping I can find "wenches". WTF yo. I'd do it but I'm going to sort of be about 6.5 months pregnant at the time and I'm not sure how lacing in will feel or how little man will enjoy the smushing of his space
:tantrum: wish i did live there.... love my biker men!.... cg