PDA

View Full Version : Stunned and bewildered.

Ysobelle
12-24-2010, 04:50 AM
John Broadfoot just posted that our beloved Lori Stipe-Russell, aka Allie Sutherland, passed away very suddenly just a few hours ago. She had RNY surgery around Thanksgiving, and seemed to be doing well, but fell ill at dinner and died at the hospital shortly thereafter. Her husband Clay is understandably in no good shape-- nor is John.

I'm stunned. I know life isn't always fair, but this...this is so vastly unfair and horrible. Please send good thoughts and prayers to Clay, and to John and all the rest of her friends and family.

Jayde
12-24-2010, 05:50 AM
:-(:-(::candle::

AnnaFaerie
12-24-2010, 08:29 AM
I don't know what to say. My prayers are with them all.

Lady Hefron
12-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Dear God. Prayers for her friends and family.

Gellis Indigo
12-24-2010, 09:57 AM
My thoughts are going out to Allie and her family and friends during this sad and difficult time.

Margaret
12-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Oh dear. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Artemisia
12-24-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm so sorry. Sending Reiki healing to her family and friends.

wendyzski
12-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Clay just called me and I was coming here to post the news. I've called Laura (Ariyanna DragonWagon), posted on Facebook and then came here.

I'm still in shock. It's just so unfair - she was working so hard and getting better!

She had a host of health problems, from MS to diabetes and beyond. She had teh surgery in an effort to basically save her life. She took her evening pills, and started to throw them up (which has happened recently). She seemed to aspirate, so she coughed once or twice and then fell over.

I think that something just gave out - either an aneurism or something MS related - in her brain. It could have gone at any time.

She was so happy of late. She spent yesterday helping bake for the holidays, and had lost nearly 50 lbs. Her mom had bought her some new outfits for her new size.

And now this.

Clay is sitting in the living surrounded by unwrapped presents and broken dreams. He's doing the best he can to contact people, but he doesn't know everyone she touched, so please spread the word.

She was cremated last night, and there is only a small private service scheduled. I think that once the holidays are over we should organize a proper memorial, but that's for then.

Ariyana Dragonwagon
12-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Yso stated it quite well. i am stunned and bewildered. Allie and I have been good friends for like 9 years or more. We had so many things planned to do together in the future... Damn it for not having gotten to more of them already.

I am so sad for Clay and her family and for John and truly for all the friends who will miss her and all the people who were never blessed to meet her.

Even without my other half, the sin twins will live on... forever.

I will always love you Allie

Bean
12-24-2010, 11:14 AM
She touched many, many people and I hope she knew that. I didn't know her well, just from here, but she seemed a very genuine and caring person. The world has lost another bright light.

Sorcha Griannon
12-24-2010, 11:51 AM
I am speechless. My thoughts are with her family. She will be missed.::candle::

Sorcha

Andreadoria
12-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Prayers to Her Family in this time of Shock. She is the 8 person I have now heard or know that has passed this Holiday season....It is a sad time ...::candle::

MaidenFaeSnow
12-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Lori and I have been getting to know each other over the past two months. I'm just devastated that this has happened to such a vibrant and giving person. My thoughts and prayers are with Lori, her family, and friends.

Lucy
12-24-2010, 01:24 PM
I am so saddened by this news. I had only met Lori a couple of times but she was a long-time online friend (remember AFR? lol). She was always there to answer questions about garb and tell me about her adventures to faires I had not seen. She founded Local 77 for KY & TN and will always be remembered as Madame Emeritus & founder.

Thoughts and prayers to Clay and the rest of her family.

You are a wonderful caring, loving person Lori, and you will be sorely missed.

Thistle
12-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Thats terrible. Of course my thoughts will be with her and her family. Sending prayers their way

Psyche
12-24-2010, 02:52 PM
My heart is just broken.

I love you so much, Lori and will never be able to watch A Christmas Story without thinking about you. You will be missed so very much.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs012.snc6/166284_10150108606270600_536735599_7982484_595712_ n.jpg

Lucy
12-24-2010, 03:18 PM
She was cremated last night, and there is only a small private service scheduled. I think that once the holidays are over we should organize a proper memorial, but that's for then.

I think this is a great idea Wendy.

Bean
12-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Yso, I think the Local 9 garden will need a new something for Allie. Maybe we can do it at Fling this year?

Calico Bonn
12-24-2010, 04:15 PM
All of my thoughts and prayers are going out to Allie and her family...
I am so very sorry for this tragedy....
Lighting a Candle for you,
Piper

Calico Bonn
12-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Wendy I agree as well

Calico Bonn
12-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Wendy I agree as well

pngwnmama
12-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Just stunned. My heart goes out to Clay and I will light a candle for Allie.

And, yes, I think another addition to the wench garden is needed for her.

wendyzski
12-24-2010, 06:26 PM
There is a memorial wall online at the funeral home's website.
http://www.preston-pruitt.com/obituaries/Lori-Allison-Stipe2911453420/

Mermaid
12-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Lori was so loved, and will be so missed.

Kathryn Blakeley
12-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out. :(

Cassandra
12-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Lori,

May you rest well in the Summerlands, and if it be your wish, may you be born again at the same time and place as your loved ones, and may you know, and remember, and love them again.

I never met Lori, but I've seen her online presence for years. My thoughts and prayers for her family at this most difficult of times.

My beloved rogue, Scott (aka Sarum Roberts, Keeper of Head) passed in 2008. I am sure he met her in the Summerlands with a warm welcome and a glass of good Scotch.

Magdalene
12-26-2010, 01:10 PM
I never met Lori, but I've seen her online presence for years. My thoughts and prayers for her family at this most difficult of times.

I also never met Lori in person--she and were friended on both Facebook and Livejournal, and I'd been reading happily of her posts about her weight loss and thinking how positive it sounded. I saw her last post about giving Pudgie a bath to see Santa Paws....

....and then she's gone.

Rest well, Lori. I'm sure where you are, there is no pain.

wendyzski
12-27-2010, 03:53 PM
There will be a memorial sometime in January, probably on a Saturday but the date isn't set yet. I'll post as soon as I know more.

I'll be coming down if at all possible, and if anyone from Chicago/Milwaukee/etc enroute wants to share gas and driving and if people want to share a hotel room or something that would help as well.

This picture is of Lori/Allie, Me, and Laura/Ariyana when I came down to Cincinnatti in 07 so that everyone could meet PepperBun

Lady Laurel
12-28-2010, 10:47 AM
I just saw this today.... I am shocked and so saddened by this.
I have talked to her in LiveJournal for years. When I was going through some tough stuff she always had uplifting words for me to carry on...
My prayers are with Clay and her family...
She will be so missed

Fionna O'Leary
12-28-2010, 09:22 PM
My prayers and hugs go out to the family and friends at this difficult time. Rest well and in peace Alli, you will be missed by many that you touched through out your life.

Ravin' Raven
12-28-2010, 09:23 PM
I also only knew Allie from the boards but always appreciated her warmth and humor. I'm sure she is missed by many and will be remembered well.

Dedeley
12-28-2010, 09:23 PM
I had just started to talk to her, because I had the same surgery, and offered support and advice from someone who had been there. She was doing so well .......... I can't believe this. What a kind, smart and funny lady.

Stunned and bewildered is the perfect description of how this feels.

Prayers to her family.

wendyzski
12-30-2010, 01:03 PM
From facebook - Saturday, January 15th, at 2pm. Details to follow, and subject to change. Music, memories, and fellowship in remembrance of Lori.

Will post more when I know

Wendy

wendyzski
12-30-2010, 01:50 PM
OK - now there are plans...

I'm going to rent a car and drive down to Cincinnatti on Friday night the 14th. I'll stay the night with Ariyana and we'll head down to KY in the morning.

Clay says that the memorial location is about halfway between Nicholasville and Danville.

I've booked us into the Comfort Suites in Danville, which is on the other side of town from the memorial site but close to the apartment. More importantly it's a suite with 2 beds and a foldy-couch so we can take in 2-3 more people to share costs. It's about $90 a night. I get dibs on the single sofa but Ari is willing to share and there is still a Queen Sized bed leftover, plus floor space if we are sneaky. Hotel has free continental breakfast and an indoor pool.

Then We'll head back on Sunday, and I'll drop Ari off before driving back to chicago.

Let me know if you want to share room

Holly
01-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Wow, my thoughts and prayers are being sent to the families of Clay and Allie.

She was a steadfast and welcoming friend. She was able to be a great wench-friend when I was having a rough time.

Wow....