PDA

View Full Version : Allie Sutherland's memorial

wendyzski
01-02-2011, 03:49 PM
For those who missed the other thread, long-time Wench and founder of Local 77 died suddenly on 12/23.

Her memorial is scheduled for 1/15/10 at 2:00 PM at a location "halfway between Danville and Nicholasville", which is sort of near Lexington.

I will be coming down from Chicago by way of picking up Ariyana Dragonwagon in Cincinnatti. We have a room at the Comfort Suites in Danville on that night, and have room for 2-3 more if anyone else needs space.

Ysobelle
01-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Dammit. I'm going to have to be there in spirit. Know that when you sing for her, you're singing with all of us behind you.

Lucy
01-03-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm planning on being there though I'm only driving from Louisville so I don't need sleep space.

wendyzski
01-12-2011, 01:06 PM
The memorial will have an open mic for memories of Lori. If you cannot be there but want something read (and hopefully filmed) please send it to [email protected] by friday night.

Let's get him some pics!

wendyzski
01-17-2011, 09:46 PM
For those who are interested, the memorial was videoed and is now posted online.

If you're on Facebook, they are linked from Ariyana Dragonwagon's wall and some of the sections on mine. On mine (Wendy Zdrodowski) is a link to my speech, where I read out the names of every Wench who posted on Ysobelle's thread or on my LiveJournal. I also read out a letter from our beloved Capi.

The Wenches were represented by me, Laura, Ariyana, Lucy, and Emma - all except (pregnant) Laura were in garb and we made sure that the local folks KNEW how much she was loved by all of us.

Mermaid
01-19-2011, 06:26 PM
For anyone who is on Ravelry.com, the opening page has a memorial posted today for Lori under the Ravelry Remembers--she was Allie Sutherland there too.

Ysobelle
01-19-2011, 06:57 PM
How is Clay doing?

Ariyana Dragonwagon
01-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Clay is holding up. He is having good times and bad. He was pretty strong Last week and through most of the memorial. Sunday when he and I were going through stuff at the apartment, he broke down for a while but I think he really needed it. I have talked to him pretty much everyday this week. Today hasn't been a good day, for him or to be honest for me. So He has called a few times, just today and I have supported as best I can and we both railed at the unfairness of it some. It truly is a moment by moment thing some days. He misses her so much. And I am worried about her parents, so I am keeping close with them as well. I know how badly I miss her, but I know it is so much harder for them.

I did like a comment he wanted everyone to know, that after the wenches talked and read the letters and even talked to her parents about her after wards. Clay said her parents "get it". They understand more of how amazing she was, how many peoples lives she touched and how very loved she was. That is a good thing.

wendyzski
01-23-2011, 06:15 PM
For anyone who is on Ravelry.com, the opening page has a memorial posted today for Lori under the Ravelry Remembers--she was Allie Sutherland there too.

Actually that was another Wench - Lisa Z - who posted that. She told me about it, and has offered to give me a Skype knitting lesson, because I'm determined to finally learn to knit like Lori taught me.

Other wenches will be amused - Ari and I found some truly impressive selections in some of Allie's sewing stuff, including a truly astounding jester-print fabric that was already cut out into a pair of bloomers. We're still debating as to whether we should leave them as is and finish them for someone to wear, or cut strips that a LOT of wenches could use to trim their bloomers with.