PDA

View Full Version : Pet ferret bites off baby's fingers

Rowen
01-13-2011, 02:58 PM
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-11/justice/missouri.ferret.fingers_1_baby-boy-pet-animal?_s=PM:CRIME

OK. This just pisses me off for so many reasons.

Some parents just astound me. It took TIME to do that much damage to that baby's hands.

MaidenFaeSnow
01-13-2011, 05:05 PM
I absolutely do not believe that the six month old ferret could have eaten all those fingers. It would have taken quite a long time as they eat in very small bites. I think there is more to this story.

Rowen
01-13-2011, 06:48 PM
I don't think they will find the baby's fingers in the ferret. Some are speculating the dog or rats,
but either way mom and dad were probably 'impaired' to not hear that kid screaming.
Anybody who has cared for a colicky infant can attest to the decibels that can be attained by even a newborn that is in pain.

Ravin' Raven
01-14-2011, 10:21 AM
I agree with MFS. It's hard for a ferret kit that age to even break your skin! Rats. Sure. Dog, absolutely.

MaidenFaeSnow
01-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Not to mention, ferrets have definite personalities. I know which of mine are more likely to use their mouths in certain situations. If I thought for a second that one might get nippy with my newborn, I'd only have it out of a cage (or room) around my baby when I'm there to supervise. I wouldn't let it just roam around freely 24/7.

And besides, look at those faces!!!

Rowen
01-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Awwwww. So cute!