PDA

View Full Version : Sub-zero weather check in

Buxom Wench
01-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Hey All,

This isn't for any particular area of the country since it seems to be cold every where.

I know it dropped to -9 at my place overnight and I made sure all kitties were present and accounted for before going to sleep. A 3 hour drive away it was -35 air temp.

Had trouble starting vehicles in the morning. Need to remember to start then every day, even if I don't drive them.

Just a reminder. Check on elderly neighbors and make sure they have heat and all vents are clear to keep air circulating to avoid CO build up. And make sure animals are in and check feet for ice on soft pads.

Lady Hefron
01-24-2011, 10:55 AM
-7 here in southern NH. This was at 8:30am when I left to bring my grand daughter to daycare and me to the doctors.

Remember, it doesn't take long in this weather for exposed skin to frostbite so cover up and bundle up.

WenchLadyKate
01-24-2011, 12:47 PM
-7 here in southern NH. This was at 8:30am when I left to bring my grand daughter to daycare and me to the doctors.

Remember, it doesn't take long in this weather for exposed skin to frostbite so cover up and bundle up.

Hit 0 in parts of NJ, 4 for me. I like the cold and all but, my toes were toecicles!

Amorus Raven Ann
01-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Hit 0 in parts of NJ, 4 for me. I like the cold and all but, my toes were toecicles!
It has finally warmed up here in North Pole Alaskas! Over the weekend it was -35, but today so far around 8 above! Whoo Hoo!!!
Amorus Raven Ann

Rowen
01-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Highs have been in the low double digits with wind chill in the negative numbers. Even at 12 degrees yesterday I had to break every 15 minutes while snow raking my roof (ice dams are hell), since either my toes, fingers or parts of my face would go numb.
We are forecast to hit freezing today, and I need to climb onto my roof and push the rest of the snow off while the weather is balmy.

Kathryn Blakeley
01-24-2011, 08:54 PM
We're just getting out of the cold snap in Kzoo. It's blissfully 32, feels like 23. The last couple of nights though it was 0-9, feels like colder, definitely below zero.

Triskel
02-01-2011, 10:23 PM
In Pennsylvania we got down to about 3. My poor car didn't want to start.