PDA

View Full Version : So... what's new?

Phoenix McHeit
02-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Ok I know I've been kinda quiet lately, not posting much. Stuff was happening, life was getting in the way. But all that is looking up now (more on that later) and I'm looking to have some fun with mah gurls!

I see we don't have a "Whatever the hell we wanna talk about" thread going on at the moment, so here it is!

Shall we decorate? I'm running on a new laptop atm, so I don't have any of my pics available. Anyone have some to contribute? Like The Truck? Maybe Oded Fehr? Or perhaps Brendan Fraser in gold leaf? :lol:

Kathryn Blakeley
02-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Ask and ye shall receive!! *Merrily waltzes in and hangs up some portraits*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Ellewyn/Picture4.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Ellewyn/Picture2-2.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Ellewyn/trucknummy.png

Lady Sarah
02-01-2011, 06:55 PM
I THOUGHT I felt the siren call of Oded and Teh Truck of Sexyness....

Allow me to help decorate, eh?

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m463/ladysarah01/Hotness/Gerry%20Butler/gerrydressedtokilt09keroo7.jpg

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m463/ladysarah01/Hotness/Karl%20Urban/ku44g.jpg

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m463/ladysarah01/Hotness/Theo%20Theodoridis/theo.jpg

and one... especially for Nikki.
http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m463/ladysarah01/Hotness/Dtennant2.jpg

Margaret
02-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Oh! Let me dust off my Photobucket....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/Sweete-Ladye/drool/n44903542_30947014_1278.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/Sweete-Ladye/drool/mg_adonis.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/Sweete-Ladye/drool/dwayne-interviewmag-cen.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/Sweete-Ladye/drool/13.jpg

Triskel
02-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Well HOLY HOTTNESS! lol! I think I am throughly satisfied with what my eyes see. XD

Let's see...new stuff? herrrrrrrrrrrrm. I was accepted to Millersville U to finish my bachlors....erm...uh...the weather stinks? :P

<3 you dear.

Ysobelle
02-02-2011, 03:34 AM
Ahhhhhhh....

It's taken me this long, btw, to notice the embroidery on his coat.

Phoenix McHeit
02-02-2011, 08:53 AM
*whimper*

I so lurve you gals. Suddenly it doesn't feel so cold in here, despite the inch of ice outside. ::waggle::

Ravin' Raven
02-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Thank you Sawah!!! As soon as I saw you had posted I KNEW there was going to be TEH KARL.

And a few of Mr Isaacs don't hurt either...

I shall now melt into a puddle of drool (albeit freezing cold drool!!!) under my desk. The folks at work will wonder what's wrong....or right... **le sigh**

Phee babe thanks for starting the thread. I too have been only an intermittent looker every now and then lately. Like you just way to much of life getting in the way of my life....

Ravin' Raven
02-02-2011, 09:46 AM
BTW - I would love to get in this sandwich. Oded Fehr AND Mila Jovovich. I'D hit that....

Phoenix McHeit
02-04-2011, 11:57 AM
So, how's everyone's Friday shaping up?

We survived the ice storm of 2 days ago with minimal trouble, but we seem to be staring down another snow-maker heading our way over the weekend. Joy. :unamused:

Phoenix McHeit
02-04-2011, 11:58 AM
In other news - after many hours of talks, with lots of soul-searching, questions and answers, Artos and I have decided to reconcile our relationship!!!

*warning* Disgustingly sappy stuff below, feel free to skip it if you haven't had lunch yet and still would like to. :wink:

We've both done some growing up over the past 9 months, realized just how much the other means to us. We're talking, going through perspectives on what happened, how each of us were feeling at any given conflict, and listening to each other with love and understanding instead of defensiveness and hostility. I feel utterly blessed to be able to have a second chance at happiness with this wonderful man in my life. To know that he feels the same is ... well, there are no words for that expansive joy.

When we got married, we were also handfasted. Well, we never followed through with a handparting. Something was telling me not to. To hold on, wait and see what happened. The Universe was looking out for us, telling us to not be so hasty, that love like ours is Once in a Lifetime and we would come through the dark patch together, if we wanted to. Well...the light at the end of the tunnel wasn't an oncoming train, it was us, together, as we should be. It took a lot to see that, but I'm so incredibly grateful that we finally did.

The song I walked down the aisle to was "Storybook Love" from Princess Bride. Fairytales always have the hero and heroine needing to face some dark danger that threatens their happiness. Well, it wasn't a dragon or evil wizard, but we certainly had our test. We passed and came through the other side. With a new appreciation of each other and our love. Yay us!

I want to thank everyone for your support and encouragement over these past months; you know who you are. You've been invaluable to me. Much love. :ilu:

SHpepperKat
02-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Phee, That's wonderful news. I am so happy for you both.

WenchLadyKate
02-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Yay! I'm so happy for you guys! I couldn't imagine you both not with each other. It's just, well, right! :-)

Lady Sarah
02-04-2011, 02:32 PM
ow
ow
ow
ow...

stupid friggin' ice under the snow...

ow
ow
ow
ow

ankle, hip, elbow and wrist... maybe my shoulder from jarring... *sniffle* I think I need a hug...

Phoenix McHeit
02-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Awww!!! You falls down?

::bighug:: I hate ice. Ugh.

WenchLadyKate
02-04-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry you fell. I did too. Broke my tailbone and got a concussion from hitting my head on the pavement. Yay snow. Hey, at least I got two paid days off since it happened in the parking lot at work. I'm feeling much better now, I hope you feel better soon!

Kathryn Blakeley
02-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Phee that's great!! :)

Sarah - ::hug::

Friday's been good to me! Except for it being FREEEEEEEEEZING outside.

Ravin' Raven
02-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Phee:

You already know how glad I am for you and Michael. And my Michael sends his best wishes as well.

I'm sorry my other lovely ladies are getting hurt. Cricket my BFF broke her tailbone once - I understand it's incredibly painful and just plain inconvenient trying to be comfortable. Sarah - you stay off of that ankle. You're as stubborn as I am and you'll be running around too soon.

We, luckily, are cold only right now. But at least in the winter cold also means sunny for a change. We've only had about 6 feet of snow so far this year which is about average. Hope those of you who aren't used to it get past it soon (and to the ladies I know, yes I know, I am an east coaster born and raised but I seemed to have adapted to my new locale pretty well actually and already don't even give the snow much of a second look as it's coming down anymore much less make haste to the store to stock up on perishables and butt wipe).

In fact I went on a business trip to CA back in October, as my plane flew over Mt. Rainier a phrase popped into my head and ended in the following:

Snow on mountains
I never thought
Snow on mountains
would bring comfort

Snow on mountains
I never thought
snow in valleys
would mean "home"

Snow on mountains
I never thought
frost covered firs
would define beauty

Snow on mountains
I never thought
seeing your breath
makes you alive

(yeah I know a bit sappy but it's how I was feeling..flying into Spokane really felt like coming home. It made me sure we made the right decision about the move)

Lady Anne
02-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Got through Friday OK...but have to go in for 8 hours tomorrow (I start at 5:30am...yuck!). The good side of working Saturdays is that it is all overtime! Heaven knows I need the money...LOL, don't we all.

Also, we started a new exercise regimen at work. They are sponsoring a 20-week health/weight-loss class which is all in-house, which means I don't have to go to a gym ($ + time...not happening). The weight loss actually started over two weeks ago and I've lost 15 pounds already! I lost 70 lbs on Weight Watchers a couple of years ago, and put 50 of it back on over the last year or so....I am very disgusted with myself and this looked like a great opportunity to get the weight back off...permanently!

Hugs to those who lost the battle with the ice and snow.::hug::

Ooooh...ice....ice cream...I'll be back later......::icecrea:

Gemdrite
02-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Phee - I have no idea what happened, but YAY for good news!!!!

Injured boardies - I miss snow even less reading your posts, and I didn't think that was possible. All of you ladies stay safe and warm! And, yannow, Disneyland is a great place to visit this time of year....:-D

Lady Sarah
02-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Kate, yikes! I remember seeing something on the board in passing that you'd fallen and concussed yourself. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

My ankle's not so bad, but my hip is what's really aggravating me. Of course, crawling around on the floor mopping up water from a busted water pipe... yeah, that's not helping. Nothing to do about it except pop some aspirin and tough it out.

Lat year it was the electricity thanks to the wet snow. This year it's the water pipes thanks to the ice and cold. I'm a little bit afraid to see what next year holds. ::tinfoil:

Adriana Rose
02-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Ick! I have only heard of a handfull of busted pipes up here but still they suck dead rat through a straw.
Yay for Phee!

Phoenix McHeit
02-05-2011, 07:01 AM
suck dead rat through a straw.

Erp! I... I'm caught between a belly laugh and an ick-shudder. THAT was quite the visual.

Thanks for all the yays, y'all are the best! :cheer:

Cricket - I broke my tailbone once when I was about 7, by falling down the steps. I *still* remember that pain, and how difficult it was to basically do anything. Be gentle with yourself.

Sarah - wow, y'all have had nasty winter crap 2 years in a row now? I had forgotten about your troubles last year. HUGS! You take care of yourself too girl - hips are notorious for re-injury. Rest yourself sweets!

LissaRoisin
02-05-2011, 08:38 AM
I cannot wait until spring! I know most women hate being pregnant in summer, but I hate winter so much more that I don't think I will mind it so much

surlywench
02-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Yay Phee!!! /happydance of happy

the rest of you: stop injuring yourselves!!

though, tbh, I'm about two days away from gnawing off my own arm for entertainment's sake. every time i take the dogs outsdie, they look at me as though I had betrayed them utterly with the increasing amounts of snow I've obviously allowed to accumulate. HOW DARE I!!!!!

Chris is still plugging away through nursing school (2.5 semesters left! YIPPEEE!!!!!), and I'm looking around for a "real job" just to get me out of the house.

Other than that, I'm starting the wind-up to the new reenacting season which starts in a few weeks, and am considering volunteering at Pennsbury Manor - again, just for something to do so I don't go all "Yellow Wallpaper" out here.

Oh! Chris bought the Rosetta Stone: Italian series, so, I'm learning Italian this winter, lol.

Triskel
02-05-2011, 10:31 PM
I absolutely LOVE winter! I was sitting outside of work watching people have issues. One guy ran into a bank of snow. I couldn't stop laughing!

Sorry to hear that everyone is getting hurt with the ice. T.T MUCH HUGGLES!

Phee-Great to hear! I always felt awkward when I saw you guys apart.

Lady Sarah
02-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Oh! Chris bought the Rosetta Stone: Italian series, so, I'm learning Italian this winter, lol.

JEALOUS!!! I'd love to learn Italian!

Sterling
02-05-2011, 11:26 PM
PHEE! That is fantastic!! ::yay::

Gwen
02-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Phee,
We are happy to hear about you two working it out. It seems like a lot of people are estranged from their loved ones this year. It's good to hear about a couple coming back together for a change. Much love to you both!

Isabelle Warwicke
02-07-2011, 12:39 PM
We just dug out from underneath 2 feet of snow. No injuries to report here! Although I did skip my lifting workout because I shoveled for a good hour each day.

I have begun my quest to finish my Bachelor's Degree. The UW system has an online college that will let me claim my Associates and then I will look at which University I want to take classes at to finish my Degree. I'm very excited that I'm finally looking toward keeping my promise that I made to myself all those many years ago.

Things have been very quiet here otherwise. The holidays are always a heavy work season for me and I've been buried. Things are settling down nicely.

The 6th Rogue
02-07-2011, 01:17 PM
My son is on day two of pooping more mass than he consumes and someone keeps sneaking Tabasco in it because his poor little butt is on fire. Not happy.

MillieWylde
02-07-2011, 04:00 PM
My son is on day two of pooping more mass than he consumes and someone keeps sneaking Tabasco in it because his poor little butt is on fire. Not happy.

AWW!! Poor child! I hope he gets better soon...

My son is on day 4 of a nasty, snotty, whiny, off-and-on fever-y, making-small-child-SO-TIRED cold. It's frustrating, but sometimes cute as all get out. When he will sit on my lap and lay his head on my shoulder and fall asleep just because he's so worn out... then I know my boy's not well!!

I've started spring semester at college. I've got a "fire water and boring" semester lined up ... Wildfire Management, Fisheries Management, and English 113 (no offense to any English majors out there - I can't stand the subject at college level)!!

Adriana Rose
02-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Three days of about 2 hours of shoveling snow. I feel like jello and its snowing again.

Ravin' Raven
02-07-2011, 04:45 PM
I am re-doing the kitchen since i Have to be inside: tackled the master bath at Christmas.

Gone are the forest green cabinets, the navy and green plaid satin wallpaper and the blue and white tiles for countertops and their miles of grout. When we bought the house in October I thought I could like with some of this stuff for a while but after trying to roll our pastry and pasta on all of that nasty grout (they lady from whom we bought the house was not the best housekeeper and even after bleach and other nasties to try to clean things up I never felt sure it was really clean) I decided nope! Need something new. The Corian countertops arrive Thursday afternoon (I'd already gotten all new appliances) and I am installing the slate backsplash myself Friday.

Holly
02-07-2011, 04:58 PM
I am working.. and writing.

I feel like my dissertation is never gonna get done. Meanwhile, I kinda like winter. It does a good job of making me be at home, with a smaller island of distraction from the world's longest paper ever.

oh, and I am kicking ass on WOW. :)

The 6th Rogue
02-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Just had to make a phone call to my soon to be old bank. They "pre-withdrew" a sizable amount of money that wasn't in my account for an online bill payment that I thought I had canceled. My account will now be overdrawn with the possibility of over draft fees which I'll also have to call in to fight for 3-5 days while they correct the mistakes. Once that's done and the money is refunded I'll be draining and closing the account and putting the money in my new account at my new bank. Like the Tom Petty song goes: the waiting is the hardest part.

Phoenix McHeit
02-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Oh ugh 6th. I hate when the screwups happen and it's the bank's fault. I had to go through something similar a couple years ago. I didn't do a damn thing wrong, somebody on the bank end couldn't be bothered to do his/her job right and somehow it ended up costing me almost $250. I got it back, but the hassle was un-fucking-believable.

You have my sympathies hun.

MillieWylde
02-09-2011, 04:32 PM
You have my sympathies hun.

Seconded. We just switched banks too. I feel your pain. :yuck:

WenchLadyKate
02-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Trying to figure out the bank thing myself. Got to open a joint checking account and would like to be able to electronically deposit funds from my checking account, and his checking account into a joint account. I think we'll actually go to the bank and have them set it all up. :-) It's exciting though. It's strange, I feel like a grown-up. Not that I've never lived on my own, but, you know. :D

GoodyTombShoes
02-10-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm craving food on a stick.

MillieWylde
02-10-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm craving food on a stick.

Ooooh... steak on a stake.... nom nom nom.

Lady Sarah
02-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Ooooh... steak on a stake.... nom nom nom.

Mmmm steak... filet mignon hovering between raw and the barest shade of rare, topped with a pat of butter and served with oven roasted bacon brussels sprouts...

*HAPPY SIGHS*

WenchLadyKate
02-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Mmm... Scarby turkey legs...

Seodora Dragonfly
02-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Congratulations Phee on your wonderful news ! ==j==

Bean
02-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Macaroni and cheese on a stick....... yummy.

Adriana Rose
02-10-2011, 10:11 PM
I made Beignets. I have never fried anything like that ever it was kinda fun, now I have like a zillon of them. It totaly rocks with hot cocoa with cinnamon.

MillieWylde
02-12-2011, 10:04 AM
I made Beignets. I have never fried anything like that ever it was kinda fun, now I have like a zillon of them. It totaly rocks with hot cocoa with cinnamon.

Oooh! Recipe share?? *hopeful* ::ike::

Phoenix McHeit
02-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Macaroni and cheese on a stick....... yummy.

So... how in the world does this happen? All my brain can picture is a Kindergartener's art project - macaroni strung lengthwise on a stick. You'd get, like, four on there. ::kooky::

GoodyTombShoes
02-12-2011, 11:30 AM
I've only had it at MDRF. It was the oddest thing ever. A little triangle chunk of MacnCheese deepfried on a stick.

Bean
02-12-2011, 12:34 PM
I've only had it at MDRF. It was the oddest thing ever. A little triangle chunk of MacnCheese deepfried on a stick.

And it is little bites of heaven.......

Adriana Rose
02-12-2011, 02:07 PM
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/french-quarter-beignets-recipe/index.html

super yummy! This makes a ton though.

DangerousCurves
02-12-2011, 04:22 PM

37703771::rocknroll::::rocknroll::::rocknroll::

DangerousCurves
02-12-2011, 04:23 PM

Triskel
02-12-2011, 07:34 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm chick flicks! XD

Shakespeare in Love = wins3776

Isabelle Warwicke
02-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Currently sitting at Starbucks enjoying Chocolate Dipped Madelines and a Chai Latte after I put two miles on the dreadmill and lifted weights until my damn arms fell off. I can hardly lift my drink.

I got the new Verizon iPhone and am loving everyminute of it.

Still single. And in desperate need of a new pair of Killer Heels.

Ravin' Raven
02-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Currently sitting at Starbucks enjoying Chocolate Dipped Madelines and a Chai Latte after I put two miles on the dreadmill and lifted weights until my damn arms fell off. I can hardly lift my drink.

I got the new Verizon iPhone and am loving everyminute of it.

Still single. And in desperate need of a new pair of Killer Heels.

If I knew you were a size 6 1/2 - 7 I'd pack up all of my lovelies and send them your way! I can't wear them anymore. I have one teeny tiny little bone in my foot that has decided to relocate itself and wearing my heels kills.... I have red patent leather, grey open toed snake skin....

GoodyTombShoes
02-15-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm flying out to Universal Studios with my boys on Thursday. I'm nervous about flying with my son's wheelchair. At $6000 it isn't something I want thrown into the cargo hold.
I'm still craving food on a stick. I may try to put together a fruit kebab arrangement for dessert tonight.

WenchLadyKate
02-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Going to fill out the paperwork for the apartment this weekend. Hopefully sign the lease a few days later and be able to start organizing for the big move. We're very anxious to get into a place. Things are getting harder and harder for both of us at home. I just hope my bad credit and background doesn't hold us back, we're hoping to get into a specific garden complex.

Other than that, I finally cleaned out my car! Looked like a bad episode of hoarders. I've been storing stuff in there that I need that I didn't want to bring into the house or leave in storage. :-)

Also, Wicked this weekend, I'm gonna pop up on Sunday with the BF. Hopefully I'll get to see some folks!

Bean
02-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Kate: I declared bankruptcy at age 40 and have now been weathering the effects for almost 6 years. It takes time, but make sure you learned your lessons. I only have 1 credit card now, and try to pay cash for most stuff. I drive an older car that I had to pay 15% interest on the loan in order to buy it. By the time it dies, I will have lived through the 10 years of "bad credit" from the bankruptcy.

Be honest with the BF and let him know about the past issues if you haven't already discussed it with him.

Margaret
02-15-2011, 07:06 PM
I am Home trying to post from HG's iPod Touch. Slick as hell let me tell ya

MillieWylde
02-15-2011, 09:31 PM
:-D My son is such a geek. At 3 years old, he doesn't want his blankie when he goes to bed. He doesn't want a particular stuffed animal, or a doll. No. He wants a book to take to bed with him. My son is SUCH a geek. Just like his mama!! :wink:

Phoenix McHeit
02-17-2011, 06:36 AM
I just got back home from sending Eldest off on a 3-day class trip to NYC. It's the school's Production Company/Show Choir/Choral Ensemble trip to Broadway. They're seeing "Wicked" and "Mary Poppins" and having an all-day workshop with a Broadway director and multiple performers.

He's so darned excited for this. He absolutely LOVES theater, and his after-I-graduate plans include taking a year off - either doing Faire circuit or heading to NYC. My theater boy. *sniff sniff* I'm so proud.

I have to admit, I'm more than a teensy bit jealous, too. I'd love to hit a Broadway show. Haven't done that since my own school trip, many moons ago. I got to see Richard Harris as King Arthur in "Camelot". But mine was a day trip, not a 3-day overnight. He's gonna have So Much FUN!!!!

::yay::::yay::

WenchLadyKate
02-17-2011, 09:42 AM
I just got back home from sending Eldest off on a 3-day class trip to NYC. It's the school's Production Company/Show Choir/Choral Ensemble trip to Broadway. They're seeing "Wicked" and "Mary Poppins" and having an all-day workshop with a Broadway director and multiple performers.

He's so darned excited for this. He absolutely LOVES theater, and his after-I-graduate plans include taking a year off - either doing Faire circuit or heading to NYC. My theater boy. *sniff sniff* I'm so proud.

I have to admit, I'm more than a teensy bit jealous, too. I'd love to hit a Broadway show. Haven't done that since my own school trip, many moons ago. I got to see Richard Harris as King Arthur in "Camelot". But mine was a day trip, not a 3-day overnight. He's gonna have So Much FUN!!!!

::yay::::yay::

:-) Such awesomesauce!

I'm jealous too, I'd love to see Wicked again. I saw it years ago when it was still in previews, I think with Idina Menzel and Cristen Chenoweth and Joel Gray. It was amazing, it's one of my favorite soundtracks and Fyero is one of my all time favorite characters (especially if you've read the book). :-)

You have total bragging rights here! (and I can't wait to see you this weekend!)

Ravin' Raven
02-17-2011, 09:55 AM
And it is little bites of heaven.......

M&C on a stick? Hey nothing surprises me anymore. There's a guy at the Texas state faire that makes Deep Fried Butter.

Of course who am I to judge - I whipped up some chcolate covered bacon a couple of weeks ago. ohmygawd was that good... ::ike::

Phoenix McHeit
03-03-2011, 11:51 AM
So... guess where I am typing this from?

A hotel in South Burlington, Vermont, where I am awaiting my classes to start...

for becoming a Professional Voice Actor!

This is something I've wanted for years - ever since I was a teen really, but at LEAST since I was pregnant with Third Son. I had tried twice before - signed up with agencies, etc... - but life or somesuch always got in the way. Now I'm actually HERE, going for my dream!!!

Third time's the charm, right?

Pardon me whilst I

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::boingyw::::lilo::

Seodora Dragonfly
03-03-2011, 12:18 PM
That is wonderful Phee ! ! ! I know you are on ::cloud9:: !
Have fun with it and be prepared to show us all at Fling ! ==j==

WenchLadyKate
03-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Awesome!!! Hey baby, wanna vocalize? lol

Grats girly! :aok:

Lady Sarah
03-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Grats, baby!! you gotta let us know where we can hear this wonderful new thing when it gets started!!

Seodora Dragonfly
03-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Instead of just making great gifts for friends
- I am finally going to exhibit under Sylphic Designs at the ALExpo in Oaks, Pa. this weekend, and SELL my handcrafted jewelry.
Pray for good weather !!
Wish me well............... ==j==

WenchLadyKate
03-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Instead of just making great gifts for friends
- I am finally going to exhibit under Sylphic Designs at the ALExpo in Oaks, Pa. this weekend, and SELL my handcrafted jewelry.
Pray for good weather !!
Wish me well............... ==j==

Have fun! Talk to people and make friends with your neighbor in case you need to use the restroom if you're going alone. :-) Was my biggest thing when I vended at flea markets with an ex. He'd set me up and leave me at one show then go off to another for the day. I always made friends with the neighbor so they could watch my booth for a few while I went in search of food and the restroom. Always brought them back coffee or something. Meeting the new people was always my favorite part about the shows.

Lady Sarah
03-04-2011, 02:36 PM
It's not much, but I've lost a size in my pants and jacket!! I went shopping today and grabbed my usual size, headed to the dressing room to try on and was happily surprised to see that both pants and jackets were too big!!

So, I went on a shopping spree... luckily my bra size has gotten one size smaller too!

GoodyTombShoes
03-05-2011, 06:00 AM
Not much? That's awesome and I bet it was loads of fun! *claps wildly*

Ravin' Raven
03-05-2011, 09:11 PM
It's not much, but I've lost a size in my pants and jacket!! I went shopping today and grabbed my usual size, headed to the dressing room to try on and was happily surprised to see that both pants and jackets were too big!!

So, I went on a shopping spree... luckily my bra size has gotten one size smaller too!

You go with your sexy Texas self. Good for you! As long as you don't start getting any shorter: what would Teh Gardo have to climb then? ::whistle::

Phoenix McHeit
03-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Way to go Sarah! Just don't lose toooooo much of the Mighty Rack, pweese?

So I finished making my demo recording late last night. I am officially a Professional Voice Actor! I should have the finished demo in my hot lil hands within 6 weeks or so, after it goes through post-production, gets cleaned up and has the background music added to it.

Now I gotta think of a name for my business. Sultry Wench, while awesome, isn't the only voice I do. :smile: Gotta think of the paying clients. :snicker:

Phoenix-something makes people think I'm based in Arizona.

Fangorn-something isn't very voice-centric....

ahh decisions, decisions. If these are the *problems* in this line of work, life is pretty darned good!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Isabelle Warwicke
03-06-2011, 02:42 PM
And now for something completely different...

After much soul searching, I have decided to rip and re-sew my life. I realized that for the last decade, I have been living my life based upon what direction of other people's lives. My choices have always been based upon what The Man in My Life is doing and whom he happens to be. This has led me to feel as if I am missing something. I cannot fill the hole I feel with another person, it simply isn't going to work for me. There is a whole story about how I came to be on this path and that's a whole other post, which I will post later. For the first time, I am making a decision that is solely mine an mine alone.

I have contacted an Air Force Recruiter and have begun the process of enlisting in the Air Force Reserve.

My only concern is Time. I have to report to Basic Training before my next birthday (January 28) or I will officially be too old. So, I'm flipping the hourglass and beginning my race against time.

I feel strong and confident about my decision. I smile when I think of it. I am standing on my own and facing my future with great anticipation.

Lady Laurie
03-06-2011, 03:12 PM
3780Some more decorations girls :p

Lady Laurie
03-06-2011, 03:14 PM
And now for something completely different...

After much soul searching, I have decided to rip and re-sew my life. I realized that for the last decade, I have been living my life based upon what direction of other people's lives. My choices have always been based upon what The Man in My Life is doing and whom he happens to be. This has led me to feel as if I am missing something. I cannot fill the hole I feel with another person, it simply isn't going to work for me. There is a whole story about how I came to be on this path and that's a whole other post, which I will post later. For the first time, I am making a decision that is solely mine an mine alone.

I have contacted an Air Force Recruiter and have begun the process of enlisting in the Air Force Reserve.

My only concern is Time. I have to report to Basic Training before my next birthday (January 28) or I will officially be too old. So, I'm flipping the hourglass and beginning my race against time.

I feel strong and confident about my decision. I smile when I think of it. I am standing on my own and facing my future with great anticipation.

Good luck!

MillieWylde
03-06-2011, 03:29 PM
I have decided to rip and re-sew my life.

Okay ... first things first. I love the way you worded this. Thank you and I may have to keep the phrase in mind for such time as I need to do something very similar.

I realized that for the last decade, I have been living my life based upon what direction of other people's lives. My choices have always been based upon what The Man in My Life is doing and whom he happens to be. *SNIP* I have contacted an Air Force Recruiter and have begun the process of enlisting in the Air Force Reserve.

Secondly, gotta say ... KUDOS. Grab the chance and run!! I have another friend who did this (except he went into the Army) and I've gotta say it may look daunting, but you can get everything done in time. I think it's wonderful that you have chosen your own direction in life and I hope it is a direction that makes you feel happy and fulfilled and at peace with yourself and your life.

KissMeKate
03-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Congrats Isabelle! Taking control and responsibility for your own life is a HUGE step! Good luck and you can do anything you put your mind to.

For me, I gave my two weeks notice at my job. No more waiting for the work load to get more interesting or for the atmosphere in the office to get better. The relief and release of tension when I finally went through with giving the resignation letter to my boss was amazing! I finished my Reiki Master training class last weekend and had an amazing healing training and experience in Ohio the week before. It's time for me to take control and responsibility for my life as well, and I'm searching for some great healing/spa clinics/centers to join as a Reiki practitioner.

Caitriona
03-08-2011, 05:37 PM
I have some big changes coming myself. I've lost 15 pounds this year already. I've got Zach well on his well to being an Eagle scout by the end of the school year (fingers crossed), his courses picked for next year and a few other announcements that will be coming in the next few weeks.. Life is really really good..

::cheshir:

Phoenix McHeit
03-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Wow gals - it seems like this is the year for self-transformations all around. That's fantastic! Good luck and blessings to everyone going through her own metamorphosis.

:grouphug:

Bonnie Strangeways
03-10-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm still alive....amazingly.

School sux, band's hella busy, and I finally remembered my login and password....

:)

RaevynCait
03-10-2011, 07:22 AM
I found a Belly Dance class 10 minutes from my office! I'm registering today!

Lady Sarah
03-10-2011, 08:37 AM

School sux, band's hella busy, and I finally remembered my login and password....

Well... sonofabitch...

SHE LIVES!!!!

We missed you babe!

Phoenix McHeit
03-10-2011, 09:29 AM

Holy CARP Batgirl! THERE you are!!!!!

*pounce tackle hug* ::kooky::

Ravin' Raven
03-10-2011, 09:49 AM

And the new avi is, um...rawr.... ::waggle:: Glad to see you!

Bonnie Strangeways
03-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Well... sonofabitch...

SHE LIVES!!!!

We missed you babe!

**and the druck leprachaun in my head just started screaming "UP SHE RISES!!!!" **

Missed you all too...been way-too-long! :)

Bonnie Strangeways
03-10-2011, 10:58 AM
And the new avi is, um...rawr.... ::waggle:: Glad to see you!

Thank ye! The band had to go get professional headshots taken, so I had to get over the whole camera-dislike for a wee bit.

Raven luv - your new (well new to me anyways) is verra NICE!

Ravin' Raven
03-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Thank ye! The band had to go get professional headshots taken, so I had to get over the whole camera-dislike for a wee bit.

Raven luv - your new (well new to me anyways) is verra NICE!

Well thanks babes! I also had to get over camera shyness. Long story short to catch you up a bit. Lasy year I packed up from the East Coast and headed to your neck of the woods (ok I stopped in the Idaho panhandle but close enough!). Hubby couldn't move out for three months so I had a, um...photoshoot and sent him some pictures. This is the one I could actually put on here. ;-) It's a kilt...it's rennish...kinda....and the top is from our dear Betty from Emporer's Needle at PARF.

daBaroness
03-12-2011, 11:37 PM
What a great thread and what wonderful news from so many. I have been remiss in posting here as well and although I chalk up some of the quietness here to Facebook - I still think this is the best venue for we wenches. Must be a wench thang - others just don't understand.

I can't say I'm on a new path, but I did have an epiphany of sorts last fall after seeing the movie "Eat, Pray, Love" with my awesome mom. It wasn't so much the movie, but a discussion afterwards with my mom that woke me up to what had become a meaningless and overused phrase to me. You know - live in the present or the moment, carpe diem, yada, yada.

For some reason I understood it in a completely new way. My new mantra is, "My life is now." I finally realized the only thing I can control is right here and right now - and if the choice is to be upset or angry or miserable vs. choosing to enjoy this moment to the best of my ability - it just seemed supremely logical that I would choose to enjoy this moment - one at a time. The key for me had been a constant awareness of my blessings and and understanding of my ability to choose, in this singular moment, to be happy and at peace. Simple, but previously elusive to me.

So I've been extraordinarily happy and satisfied with my life for the last six months - moment by moment. I haven't run the past over and over again in my mind - beating myself up for every stupid choice I've ever made. I also haven't spent much time fretting or worrying about the future - it's not here yet; if I spend all my right nows worrying about tomorrow's what ifs, I will only continue to look backwards with regret. I ain't got as many right now moments left as I have already spent - so I ain't got time to spend my right nows in anything but the best possible place of joy and peace as I can.

I've changed the way I view things and people and events - and they're far less angst-ridden than they have been in the past. I'm learning to let go of things I have no chance of making better, but a good chance of making worse - at least for myself. I'm butting out of the choices made by my children and friends that I have previously criticized. I have no right - it's their right now and their choice. I have more peace. I enjoy simple things much more. And I know on a spiritual level, not only am I growing, but I'm allowing my loved ones to grow as well by not inflicting "me" on them.

My life - our lives, are pretty spectacular when we finally get the right vision to see it. Life glasses I guess. And mine are bifocals! LOL

I'm so proud of all of you for the way you overcome the hardships of life, and revel in its joys and rewards. My life is now - and right now I'm darned proud to be a member of the IWG, surrounded by "ordinary" women who live extraordinary lives.

Much love

Wendy

Torra
03-13-2011, 10:59 AM
daB, you consistently impress me, whether with your words or attitude. I'm so glad you've found renewed life in the moment and are happy with you.

I've really enjoyed catching up on everyone's lives in this thread - y'all are awesome. I've been waiting to make 100% sure it was going to work out before saying anything, but now I am, so here goes: we bought our first house! We're closing in 30 days, but not moving in until our lease is up in May. Thankfully, the current owners are willing to rent it back from us at cost until then so our mortgage gets paid and we don't lose any money by breaking our lease early. We're really excited (and scared since it's a huge investment)!

daBaroness
03-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Torra - that's amazing! Congratulations and felicitations to you. ;-)

MaidenFaeSnow
03-13-2011, 04:01 PM
I've changed the way I view things and people and events - and they're far less angst-ridden than they have been in the past. I'm learning to let go of things I have no chance of making better, but a good chance of making worse - at least for myself.

Amen sister! A few years ago a lot of hard lessons came my way and I decided to try my best to have the good things in my life, to be a better person and to forgive/let go of/not dwell on the negative things. Another lesson came when someone had the audacity to come down on me in disbelief that I could possibly lead my life that way, but it only made me stronger. Yes, crappy things have still happened to me but I've learned to see them for what they are and keep it in perspective instead of letting them take over. Often times, those who wish to come down on you are doing so not because you are a bad person but because they lack happiness and good things in their own lives. It took me a long time to realize this and to stop beating myself up. I'm so happy you have begun to live in a happier place within yourself, stay strong and keep smiling!

daBaroness
03-13-2011, 10:45 PM
MFS - you're a wise and wonderful woman. Who says getting older is a bad thing - except for the body breaking down part - I love at least the wiser part of the life experience. Hugs to you - you're a beacon of light.

WenchLadyKate
03-14-2011, 09:22 AM
You guys all make me smile!

Moving day approaches for me. Friday is the big day! Just a little apartment, but it feels like the first step in the right direction. People from all directions keep telling us that we're moving too fast, but we know what we're getting into, and it just feels right. It's just hard hearing it from just about every direction. I should say, every direction except our moms and my friends.

Torra
03-14-2011, 10:50 AM
You guys all make me smile!

Moving day approaches for me. Friday is the big day! Just a little apartment, but it feels like the first step in the right direction. People from all directions keep telling us that we're moving too fast, but we know what we're getting into, and it just feels right. It's just hard hearing it from just about every direction. I should say, every direction except our moms and my friends.

A new direction, from someone who isn't a close friend: if it feels right and you know what you're getting into, then you're not moving too fast. Speed is relative and don't let other people force you to conform to their timelines. Good luck with your move!

WenchLadyKate
03-14-2011, 11:45 AM
A new direction, from someone who isn't a close friend: if it feels right and you know what you're getting into, then you're not moving too fast. Speed is relative and don't let other people force you to conform to their timelines. Good luck with your move!

Thanks! We've been taking it all with a grain of salt. And for every person that's against it, there's another who isn't. I get their concerns though, I guess they wouldn't be good friends if they didn't say anything at all... :-)

The 6th Rogue
03-14-2011, 02:47 PM
I'd like to hit the lottery big already, I need the operational cash to open up the worldwide string of Bed & Breakfasts I plan on owning.

Margaret
03-15-2011, 09:24 AM
I'd like to hit the lottery big already, I need the operational cash to open up the worldwide string of Bed & Breakfasts I plan on owning.

You know - my hubby would like to do that too. Not the world wide chain or anything, but he just wants a B&B type thing where he can putter around and cook and stuff.

For those of you who know Jon: I know!!! Shocked the hell out me too!! :snicker:

Ravin' Raven
03-15-2011, 12:52 PM
You know - my hubby would like to do that too. Not the world wide chain or anything, but he just wants a B&B type thing where he can putter around and cook and stuff.

For those of you who know Jon: I know!!! Shocked the hell out me too!! :snicker:

But why do I have a sinking feeling that all of Ron's B&B will make you feel like you're being watched? Most of the moolah will be going to the spy camera systems. And only ladies will be allowed to stay there. ::runfore:

The 6th Rogue
03-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Naw, I've no need for such nefarious nonsense. I'll be in my big, comfy chair by the fire if anyone feels like being stared at naked.

Phoenix McHeit
04-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Ok gals - wakey wakey! This thread has been dormant for too long.

*places pots of fragrant spring flowers around the room, opens the curtains, maybe a window or two (slightly, it's still chilly) shakes out the rugs and fluffs pillows*

So... what's new? :-D

After having a lovely weekend at New Hope, we are back and heavily in planning for the Easter/Ostara celebration. We're attending a bonfire on April 30th, at which event Artos and I will be making a re-commitment to each other. Not bad timing, if I do say so.

Third Child has brought home his 7th-in-a-row Straight A report card! :cheer: He kept that up on top of performing in a heavy run of Macbeth and rehearsals for the Middle School performance of Oklahoma. Proud Mama Moment!

I heard back from the State - the name I chose for my Voice Over work was available, and is now registered to me. Exquisite Voice is now officially in business! Still waiting on my demo though - that's a bit irksome.

Next!!! ::badhair:

Kathryn Blakeley
04-20-2011, 10:13 AM
*flops down on a huge stack of pillows face first* I totally agree Phee (btw, awesomesauce on all your news!!! :D ).

Where, oh where, is the big, strong, handsome masseuse? Uuuuugggghhh.

Can I just go straight to my student teaching, passing go and collecting $200? Or at least passing my methods class? I think my prof has it out for me. And I just have to pass this class! :sigh:

MillieWylde
04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
I think ... I may have gone crazy. I'm currently in the Spring of my 3rd year in a 2-year program at college... and I just added another program. ;-) I'm studying Fish & Wildlife Management for an Associates degree, and now I've added a GIS Specialist certificate program to my goal before graduation.

On the up-side, if I can get through the next 13 months (how long it will take me to graduate here) I should be able to get started in a kick-butt career on the combined force of the two! :singdanc:

Meanwhile, my man's been gone for 3.5 weeks, but is due home tomorrow. (WAHOOO!) And my 3-year-old is finally figuring out the "potty" thing. (YAAAAAY!!!) Happydancing! ::pinkele:::pinkele:::pinkele:

The 6th Rogue
04-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Had a business trip to Miami a week and a half ago for a couple days. It was supposed to be a sales kick off meeting with a customer but because this is a VERY technical customer the sales staff panicked and had us operations and technical side people create and present all the stuff. I enjoyed the break from the routine but didn't need all the stress of doing sales' job for them.

Gwen
04-20-2011, 03:44 PM
SO after a week and a half of stomach flu, I am finally getting better. My rogue and RIT both also got it at the same time and are still fighting it. It is evil! If you are around someone who has it, wash your hands, RUN, and WASH YOUR HANDS AGAIN! It is a nasty one and I would not wish it on anyone. My MIL also has it now.

I am amidst planning my very first Easter Eggs hunt party for Saturday for my neighborhood. So the above is hindering planning and cleaning but we are getting there. I may have to ban the boys upstairs for it and keep guests outside! Here is to no rain! But I am now in the beginning of "the busy season". BBQ, Celtic Fling, beach, vacation with family, and then Faire will be leading us swiftly through the summer and into fall in a blink! Side note: If anyone is interested in coming to the BBQ let me know. I know it is the weekend of the world Steampunk Convention but my dad (and probably brother, yes, the wenched one) are flying up for it. It's on May 21st (which is also the day before Scott's and my 7th wedding anniversary).

As to looking for part time work, it has been rough. So I have decided to become a Discovery Toys representative. Think Avon but with children's toys. I already have a website up if you are looking for good quality toys (http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/esuite/home/DebbiesToyChest). I find it helpful being a first time parent (and back when I didn't have kids) to use their age guide and guide to what the toys do. Anyway, I am just getting set up and of course the black death of stomach viruses hits the family! So I will be getting back into toy mode in the next week or so. I hope to make a little cash, have some fun, maybe take back some of my self esteem and contribute more to my family!

I guess that is it in a frantic trying to get some internet play time in before the RIT wakes kind of way! Hope all of you are well and congrats to you, Phee, for the voice business.

Lady Anne
04-20-2011, 06:07 PM
S.S.D.D.::sleepy:: :unamused: ::sleepy::

Phoenix McHeit
04-20-2011, 06:27 PM
LOL Anne - is there a specific reason your SSDD is in O.D. Green? ;-)

Lady Anne
04-20-2011, 07:35 PM
LOL Anne - is there a specific reason your SSDD is in O.D. Green? ;-)

ROFLMAO!!! You noticed! As a matter of fact, there IS a reason I chose O.D. green (they didn't have digital cammo), but I can't tell you everything...can I?::whistle:: LOL!

Actually Phee...of everyone I know here.....I figured you would be the one to catch that color!

RaevynCait
04-20-2011, 10:50 PM
8 months at my current job and still enjoying it most days, despite a whiney, incompetent co-worker. The WAAAY upside is that starting probably next week, I will be working out of the jobsite office that's 10 minutes from home, rather than the main office almost 30 miles away, at least 3 days a week. It doesn't come with a raise, but the 50 miles/day savings equals out to almost $30/week in gas I don't have to buy, so I'm cool with it.

I'm also working in a booth at Scarby this year, Majikah Perfumery, having lots of fun with it and learning about the different scents and getting to try new and different mixes.

Adriana Rose
04-20-2011, 11:17 PM
I am in the crazy part of getting ready for faire. And then my dearest brother inlaw volenteers me to sew some practice bandages and stuff for his Mine Rescue team. There is compenstation but still the timeing sucks! My head is about to explode!

On the other hand my kiddo has gotten the whole no wearing a diaper at night :happydance: My shoulder is finally cleared for duty oh and I can see my yard rather than 6ft of snow!

Seodora Dragonfly
04-21-2011, 09:19 AM
The Store is finally M O V E D !!!!!!!!!!!!!! into the new location.
( 3500 sq. ft. into a 2 story house of 1,000 sq.ft /floor, with a packed basement, leaky attic, barn bulging out in front & a filled 2 car garage).

Now to survive Easter this week, local school prom next week, followed by Mothers' Day - with intermittent unpacking !

Oh & I properly christenend the new place on Tuesday with a 3 point landing - 1 of which is my right knee. My Boss came around the corner asking which box fell - I replied " ME " whilest pointing to my bleeding right arm. Sacrificial lamb anyone......... ==j==

GoodyTombShoes
04-21-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm heading to Bear, De to hang out with a bunch of ren friends and have a girly day. I'm kinda happy crazy!

MillieWylde
04-29-2011, 12:08 PM
::reading: FINAL EXAMS HAVE ARRIVED! (I start my first one in an hour.) Along with them, a head-cold is sweeping through my household. Isn't that a glorious combination?

Meanwhile, the man is home, but we are both still jobless. (Keep in mind, this is since mid-FEBRUARY now). I finally got a couple of nibbles at my resume this past week, and it sounds like I'll only need to wait one week to hear back from either/both of them. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

And the season has arrived. I am officially suffering from Ren-folk withdrawal. *whine* I wanna PLAAAAAAY!

Lady Sarah
04-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Two weeks from today is the END OF MY SEMESTER!!! YAY!! End of finals, double yay!! it's also the day we leave for Iowa (boo) to attend my eldest niece's HS graduation (YAY!) And... two weeks after that, we're taking her on a cruise around the Caribbean to celebrate. The day the cruise departs is the first day of my summer classes. Soooo I get to miss that whole first week! yay.

I'm exhausted. LOL