PDA

View Full Version : Exciting stuff! Keep your fingers crossed!

WenchLadyKate
03-01-2011, 11:03 AM
The boyfriend and I made the decision last month to move in together. We're both living at home so we've been apartment hunting. We finally found a place that we love and on Saturday we filled out the application and left our deposit for the unit we liked.

My credit and background, while improving, isn't very good. I did just get a new cell phone with no deposit though which is encouraging. My biggest fear is my criminal record, I have a charge of theft through illegal retention, just enough to make it a felony. So, we filled out the app with him being the primary on the lease and me being an occupant. Hopefully this will bypass the need to run my background.

The process takes 5-7 business days so by Friday or Tuesday we should know for sure, then we can move in on the 15th! Please keep your fingers crossed that we get this place, we won't have much time to find another place if this one falls through. Plus, if it does, odds are all other garden apartment places would as well. We'd have to go to a realtor which we can't justify the cost of.

Having said all that, I need to say,
:-D:-D:-D:-DI AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
The best part, he's as excited as I am! :-) :hearts:

Phoenix McHeit
03-01-2011, 12:02 PM
That's so awesome hun! Crossing all crossables for you.

Missed you at Wicked. I had a sad. :-( But reading about the new cell phone 'splains why you didn't return my text. ::badhair: MUCH LOVE!

WenchLadyKate
03-01-2011, 12:27 PM
That's so awesome hun! Crossing all crossables for you.

Missed you at Wicked. I had a sad. :-( But reading about the new cell phone 'splains why you didn't return my text. ::badhair: MUCH LOVE!

Thanks Phee!! That must've done it, we just got the call... WE GOT THE PLACE!!! :-)

Lady Laurie
03-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Congratulations!:-D

Ysobelle
03-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Congratulations!!!

Torra
03-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Congratulations! Sending easy-moving vibes for you on the 15th.

AnnaFaerie
03-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Yay!

WenchLadyKate
03-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Yay!

Thanks guys! We're in no rush to move into the new place, well, no real reason to rush, just excitement. I'm taking the 18th off to go with my mom and paint while it's empty. I'll probably fill the car up and bring some stuff down so it's there, like my wall unit and stuff so we have places to put things as we bring them in and start unpacking. Probably do the bulk of the moving on the 19th. Him from his place, me from mine. It'll be way easier for him being only 15 mins up the road now. Me? I'm coming from an hour north. I'm thinking maybe rent a van.

Ariyana Dragonwagon
03-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Oh how exciting.. good luck with the move this weekend! May you find only happiness together in your new home!!!
{{{bearhugs}}}}

WenchLadyKate
03-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks!

We shall get through this move if we don't kill each other first. Some stuff is there already, and the bird cage is going down tonight with me and mom. Tomorrow morning, we load up the pickup, the HHR and the Golf and unload. Some stuff is there already and we just got some rugs and put them down yesterday to cut down on the moving noise.

Hopefully my downstairs neighbor is home tonight so I can ask him if he can move his welcome mat since it gets stuck on the bottom of our door. I dont mind it but someone might trip on it while carrying stuff. Ever see Grumpy Old Men? Yep, that'd be my downstairs neighbor. I'm gonna bake him some cookies or something.