PDA

View Full Version : Looking for something to do this weekend?

Ysobelle
03-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Well, come on out and see us at The Alternative Living Expo (http://www.thealtlivingexpo.com) this weekend at the Philly Expo Center in Oaks, PA. Every piece of press we've gotten has called it a Steampunk show, but it's not: we have The Steampunk Home Show, yes, but also The Distinctive Pleasures Gala (jewelry, clothing, candy, toys, massage therapist, fun stuff) and The Alternative Bridal Expo (does pretty much exactly what it says on the tin.)

There's a handfasting at 2pm tomorrow, and a fashion show at 2.30 Sunday. There are bands playing, and a roller derby, and so help me, there will be chocolate! Come on by!

WenchLadyKate
03-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Well, come on out and see us at The Alternative Living Expo (http://www.thealtlivingexpo.com) this weekend at the Philly Expo Center in Oaks, PA. Every piece of press we've gotten has called it a Steampunk show, but it's not: we have The Steampunk Home Show, yes, but also The Distinctive Pleasures Gala (jewelry, clothing, candy, toys, massage therapist, fun stuff) and The Alternative Bridal Expo (does pretty much exactly what it says on the tin.)

There's a handfasting at 2pm tomorrow, and a fashion show at 2.30 Sunday. There are bands playing, and a roller derby, and so help me, there will be chocolate! Come on by!

I want to go so bad. Moving day is quickly approaching though...

RedFox
03-04-2011, 06:35 PM
I should be there on Sunday for the fashion show! :D

Phoenix McHeit
03-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Oh wow - I'm already doing something fantabulous this weekend, but I hope y'all have an utterly amazing time!

The 6th Rogue
03-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Funny you should mention them. It was pointed out to me that when their website first went up there was a picture of me on it. Since no one approached me for permission to use my image (nor offered to pay me for its use) I had to ask them to take it down. Jeff Mach, the man behind that show and several others, appologized all over the place to me about that happening. It seems his web developer just did a google search for images instead of finding people that wanted to be involved. Had they approached me I would have said yes.

Now that I think about it, I should have asked for a pair of free passes to go with the apology. LOL!

Ysobelle
03-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Oh, hell. Really? I'm sorry about that. But you should have come out! It was a whole lot of fun!

Now I'm curious, though-- which image did we use?

The 6th Rogue
03-07-2011, 02:49 PM
One of me in my 8th Doctor get up (green velvet frock coat, silk vest and cravat, very steampunk) holding up a cup of tea and smiling.

Ysobelle
03-09-2011, 12:44 AM
That...was a pretty hot photo.

The 6th Rogue
03-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks!