PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden dead?

Thistle
05-02-2011, 12:25 AM
News on CNN says he was found and eliminated in Pakistan, and the president is going to speak

Emmaline Love
05-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Yes, I just saw the live speech Obama made. Osama was shot at least once in the head by US personnel and we have his body, according to NBC. I wonder what will happen now...

Ysobelle
05-02-2011, 01:15 AM
Yes, I just saw the live speech Obama made. Osama was shot at least once in the head by US personnel and we have his body, according to NBC. I wonder what will happen now...

A whole lot of new kinds of hell. Which we will deal with, piece by piece. I won't wave flags and get drunk in the streets over this-- it's still one of the worst things ever to happen to this country, and this is merely the bloody end to one chapter-- but I recognise the karmic balance.

Wicked
05-02-2011, 12:03 PM
A friend of mine said that at the same time Obama came on to say that BinLaden was dead the Mets and the Philies were tied 11/11 in the 9th.

Drea Beth
05-02-2011, 12:42 PM
A friend of mine said that at the same time Obama came on to say that BinLaden was dead the Mets and the Philies were tied 11/11 in the 9th.

The score was actually 1-1 and per an article in MLB.com, the news did start to spread at the top of the 9th. This is the stuff urban legend is made of... and a pretty cool coincidence IMHO!

Isabelle Warwicke
05-02-2011, 02:05 PM
OBL shares his death day with Hitler. Fitting.

Cyranno DeBoberac
05-02-2011, 02:14 PM

As word spread in the stands of the Philly game, the fans started chanting "USA! USA!". The players on the field were wondering WTF was going on.

The players on the field were probably also just grateful that the fans weren't throwing batteries at them. :snicker: ;)

Blue Pixie
05-02-2011, 02:42 PM
A whole lot of new kinds of hell. Which we will deal with, piece by piece. I won't wave flags and get drunk in the streets over this-- it's still one of the worst things ever to happen to this country, and this is merely the bloody end to one chapter-- but I recognise the karmic balance.

Yes but I have to wonder what the next chapter holds because I think it will just be as bloody. I remember back to the days after 9-11 and remember people mad that people over there were celebrating the chaos and deaths. I can only think that right now- seeing our people cheer in the streets will just do the same thing and that the whole bloody cycle will start again. I hope I'm wrong though.

Wicked
05-02-2011, 05:47 PM
OBL shares his death day with Hitler. Fitting.

I was thinking the same thing

Wicked
05-02-2011, 05:48 PM
The score was actually 1-1 and per an article in MLB.com, the news did start to spread at the top of the 9th. This is the stuff urban legend is made of... and a pretty cool coincidence IMHO!

Okay Okay, at least he was close LOL...

The 6th Rogue
05-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Well, just because the clown died doesn't mean McDonald's is out of business. We've got a lot more bullets to spend before we get us some world peace. Still, rot in the meanest corner of hell you sick SOB.