PDA

View Full Version : I've been adopted...

MaidenFaeSnow
05-30-2011, 12:00 PM
By a beautiful boxer! We've named her Shiloh. It feels so awesome to adopt a rescue dog! She's a graduate of the cell dog program.

pngwnmama
05-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Awwwww.

Phoenix McHeit
05-31-2011, 09:26 AM
Awwwww Boxers are the best!!!! She's beautiful. :smile:

Kyrera
05-31-2011, 10:48 AM
She is just precious! My Lucy came from a puppy rescue- and I feel the same way about adopting rescues (I even have a magnet on my fridge that says "Who rescued who?"

Love love love... congrats!

Triskel
05-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Sooooooooooo cute! Boxers can be one of the greatest dog breeds if trained properly. My pup was sold as a 'pure bred chocolate labrador' he was part of a scam. SPCA ftw.

MaidenFaeSnow
05-31-2011, 07:55 PM
I get a certificate of training from the cell dog program in Ohio. Apparently this program is rather large and well known, based in Zanesville from what I understand.

Her sqwooshy little face is just too cute. She's a petite boxer, not quite as big as the standard breed size.

Ysobelle
06-01-2011, 12:06 AM
What's the cell dog program? Also? AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

MaidenFaeSnow
06-01-2011, 09:01 AM
What's the cell dog program? Also? AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Rescue dogs are taken into prisons where they spend months training with inmates. They learn verbal and non verbal commands, are well socialized and are crate trained. They actually live in the cells with their handlers. They come out of the program (http://prisondogs.blogspot.com/2009/05/state-of-ohio-prison-dog-program.html)wonderfully trained, happy dogs and are put up for adoption when they graduate the program.

Phoenix McHeit
06-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Rescue dogs are taken into prisons where they spend months training with inmates. They learn verbal and non verbal commands, are well socialized and are crate trained. They actually live in the cells with their handlers. They come out of the program (http://prisondogs.blogspot.com/2009/05/state-of-ohio-prison-dog-program.html)wonderfully trained, happy dogs and are put up for adoption when they graduate the program.

That's just... I'm speechless at the beauty of that program. ::clappin::-)

MaidenFaeSnow
06-01-2011, 03:39 PM
The hard part is that the next transport from Ohio isn't until June 11th so we have to pick her up in Hagerstown on that day. It seems so far away!! I'm constantly staring at the empty dishes, toys, treats and beds that we have ready for her, lol!