PDA

View Full Version : Term of Office for Local Madames & LBB

Buxom Wench
05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Just curious after reading the Local 77 nomination results.
How long does a Local Madame serve? Is it 2 years or 4?

And when might we be able to access the LBB here on line?
We've been waiting since the change over of the site and have not heard an answer.

SHpepperKat
05-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Hello Beautiful,

I found this and I think it answers your questions on terms and elections. http://www.wench.org/content.php/6-Electoral-Process

Unfortunately I can't answer about the online LBB.

Buxom Wench
05-31-2011, 06:14 PM
Interesting.

Contradicts my 2008 LBB.
In there in states 4 year term, no limit.

I think we need to get an official word from Lars to get this straight.

Ysobelle
05-31-2011, 07:14 PM
Hm. You should be able to access the LBB, as long as you have membership in one of the Local Forums. Have you tried, and it just isn't working? Cos I can ask Snipe about that.

SHpepperKat
05-31-2011, 07:15 PM
I think what you might have read was for grande Madame as opposed to a Local Madame.

Any 35+ year old Guild member of Madame Cum Laude status may be nominated for Grande Madame by a group of 10 Madames or other MCLs. (It helps to be a parent…)

Vice Madame must be 27 years of age & of Madame status or higher, and, though named by a GM nominee, must be seconded by at least two other Madames. A VM can also be nominated independently by 10 Madames or MCLs. Incumbent GMs & VMs do not need to be nominated to run for re-election. The position of IWG Vice-Madame can be voted on separately or as "one ticket" with the GM Candidate.

GM/VM Nominees and their platforms must be sent to the Guild Scribe for submission to the sitting Privvy Council by the 1st day of Spring of an election year and will be posted the following April 1. Voting will take place between June 1 and August 12 via the web, write-in ballot and hand-in ballot at assigned Guild hostels.

The term for GM & VM runs 4 years per election with a maximum of 2 terms. Local Madames & Regional Reps (Privvy Council Members) have two year terms with no limitation. Regional Reps, Local Madames & Dames can be removed or replaced at the Local level regardless of term, based on necessity for retirement or disciplinary action.

ETA: By the way, what is the link for the LBB online? i am not finding it from the old way I used to access it.

Does this help?

Buxom Wench
05-31-2011, 08:30 PM
I think what you might have read was for grande Madame as opposed to a Local Madame.
I have the 2008 LBB.
Nope. It clearly says for Local Madame.

"Local Madame - Locally elected representative and voice of reason on the ground level. Runs the local Charter House and is a member of the Privy Council. 4 year term, no term limit."

It also says:

"Grande Madame - Originally the Founding Figure of the IWG and Alpha Female, Patricia Falzarano. Upon her stepping down in 2002, the position had been in stewardship till the end of 2006 and is now an honorary title, leaving Guild business in the hands of the Grand Privy and Privy Council."

SHpepperKat
05-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Most interesting. I do believe we may need some clarification on this matter after all. Any one else wish to chime in on this?

Buxom Wench
05-31-2011, 08:42 PM
Hm. You should be able to access the LBB, as long as you have membership in one of the Local Forums. Have you tried, and it just isn't working? Cos I can ask Snipe about that.
Whenever we try to access the downloadable version, it takes us to the home page of this site. VERY frustrating. We've been asking about this for ages and haven't gotten any response.

http://www.wench.org/forums/downloads.php (http://www.wench.org/forums/downloads.php)

Ysobelle
05-31-2011, 11:42 PM
Well, crap. Okay. I'll ask Snipe about that. And I'll ask Lars about the other thing. Usually, though, it's at the discretion of the members of the Local if there's an issue. IWG policy is more or less that the Locals have as much autonomy as possible unless there's something they just can't handle.

Ysobelle
06-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Ah. Okay. There's a very good reason y'all can't access the LBB. It isn't there any more. Lars needs to create a new version of it. So. Er. I shall ask about that, too.

Buxom Wench
06-01-2011, 06:46 AM
Ah. Okay. There's a very good reason y'all can't access the LBB. It isn't there any more. Lars needs to create a new version of it. So. Er. I shall ask about that, too.
MAZEL TOV!

We finally have an answer!

Ysobelle
06-02-2011, 04:42 AM
Oh, flippin' hell. I just had dinner with the man, and totally forgot to ask. Okay. I promise I will!

Stolenhalo6
06-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Thank you Ysobelle! I joined the guild shortly before the website changeover and have never been able to even read the LBB or see the songs in the song book. It will be much appreciated to have those available!

Vyxen
06-08-2011, 12:37 PM
of the LLB and songbook. Shoot me an email if you want me to forward it to you.

SHpepperKat
06-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Check PM's Vyxen

Buxom Wench
06-08-2011, 05:51 PM
of the LLB and songbook. Shoot me an email if you want me to forward it to you.

Just curious as to which year you have of the LBB?

Vyxen
06-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Just curious as to which year you have of the LBB?

Bux - I downloaded it March 2010 so it must be the copy that Snipe had up which now has the dead link. Send me your email addy and I'll send it to you post-haste.