PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to share

RedFox
06-05-2011, 03:52 PM
So I applied to a bunch of schools to transfer to after I finished up my associates at Bucks County Community. I applied to UMass:Amherst (1st choice), UPenn and NYU (second choice), Boston University (3rd) and PennState (4th) for a part in the linguistics program (save PSU where I would major in Japanese). I heard back from all but UMass and was declined... but two days ago I got a giant envelope in the mail from UMass. I GOT IN!!!!!

I am so excited and I wanted to share the news with all my fellow wenches! I'll be going to my first choice college with a double major in Linguistics and Japanese (with a possible triple in Chinese) while also minoring in International business and Anthropology. I have been so giddy and jumping off the walls since I received my acceptance letter and just had to share with all of you. Sorry I haven't done it sooner!

AnnaFaerie
06-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Congratulations!

Ysobelle
06-06-2011, 04:19 AM
I'm thrilled for you, hon! Amherst is a lovely little town, and the Berkshires are gorgeous. (I went to UMass for a year. Stay away from the grad theatre department!) You're going to have SO much fun up there!

Seodora Dragonfly
06-06-2011, 08:20 AM
That is just wonderful. Congratulations ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ==j==

Dani Petersen
06-07-2011, 03:44 PM
That is wonderful! Congrats and good luck to you!

The 6th Rogue
06-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Bravo!

pngwnmama
06-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Amherst is lovely. The winters, not so much. Congrats!

Triskel
06-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Congrats dearest!

Blue Pixie
06-23-2011, 02:33 PM
What everyone doesn't know is how after she got in- she made many around her sick due to her bouncing up and down like she was on a boat during a storm. That and she kept squeeing....... I'm happy she got in but she drove myself and the family nuts the next two days (plus her co-workers)! LOL!