PDA

View Full Version : This proves Walmart does carry everything

Wicked
06-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Ok the death of a loved one isn't funny but the fact that Walmart carries Caskets is..

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=caskets&ic=48_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

erinrai
06-09-2011, 01:49 PM
So does Cosco. LOL

Triskel
06-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Oh my...what's next? Wedding dresses?

The 6th Rogue
06-13-2011, 12:31 PM
If QVC sold them we'd know what to bury my mother in when she goes.

Triskel
06-22-2011, 11:30 AM
If QVC sold them we'd know what to bury my mother in when she goes.

How does that work? Walk in "HEY MOM! LETS PICK OUT YOUR COFFIN!" is it a family event?

Pardon...I may be going to far with my sarcasm.

Saucy Sue
06-22-2011, 01:47 PM
My grandmother had pre-planned everything for her funeral. Including picking out her casket and having everything paid and settled. My youngest niece heard the family talking about it and was convinced that Grandma had the casket out in the barn just waiting. She kept asking when we were going up there so that she could go see Grandma's casket.

My Grandma did let us know that she was not happy with us on the day of her funeral. We did not follow her requests exactly. There was a meal at the church before the funeral and then my cousin's husband sang a hymn at the grave. When we left the funeral home to process to the cemetary...it was blue sky all around. When we got to the cemetary...the sky started to darken, clouds rolled in, and the wind started gusting. After the service was over and we started to leave...it all cleared off and went back to blue skies.

Just goes to show you...you had better mind your Grandma and do what she tells you to do!!!

The 6th Rogue
06-22-2011, 05:35 PM
How does that work? Walk in "HEY MOM! LETS PICK OUT YOUR COFFIN!" is it a family event?

Pardon...I may be going to far with my sarcasm.

Not at all. I'm from Jersey, there is no "too far" when it comes to sarcasm. I was merely making fun of my mother for being a QVC addict. As for wally world carring corpse containers - just one more way you can make sure you don't get over charged by the funeral home since they make profit (albeit small on some parts) on every aspect of saying goodbye to your loved ones.