PDA

View Full Version : If you were vacationing in California...

Sorcha Griannon
06-12-2011, 05:58 PM
I plan on leaving the state, but it's been pushed back a bit due to needing to keep the husband's insurance for a bit longer.
So, I wanted to take my girls to all the touristy or must see sights that I can during our time here. BUT, problem is, I have lived here too long, I don't have any idea what to do, or where to go. We have done Disneyland, as well as the La Brea Tar Pit, but here is the question...

Where are the places you consider a must see if you were to visit Southern California?

Gemdrite
06-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Sea World; LA Science Discovery Center; San Diego Zoo; Hollywood Star walk; Santa Monica Pier; Ronald Reagan Library (so cool, you get to walk through Air Force One!); Universal Studios; Long Beach Aquarium (sp?) of the Pacific;

SHpepperKat
06-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Balboa Park, Seaport Village in San Diego, The Wild Animal park (it has a new name, but I don't remember what it is. It is connected to the San Diego Zoo website.) Knott's Berry Farm, Olvera street in Los Angeles. Griffith Park observatory. Julian in the mountains outside San Diego. Coronado Island, including a stop at the Hotel del Coronado.

Those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head. They were some of my favorite places.

Mistress Morigianna
06-13-2011, 01:36 AM
crystal cove (beach) and the REN FAIRE! right now there is one in corona and then there is one 2 weekends in big bear.

Sorcha Griannon
06-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks! This is helpful, lol. I just go blank when thinking of day trips.

Selena
06-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Point Loma @ San Diego. One of my favorite peaceful places ever. Walk down to the tide pools.