PDA

View Full Version : Thumping and Bumping

rosefaeries
06-26-2011, 05:42 AM
We have spent the last several hours listening to *someone* pounding or thudding away every few minutes or so. This has been going on since 8 pm or so. I did check outside to see if I could tell what direction the sound was coming from. I never could tell from which direction it was coming from. All I knew was that it sounded louder to the back of the house than to the front. The sounds were not in any one spot and seemed to be coming from outside the house. After this went on for well over an hour, I called the police to report the noise. Close to 11 pm an officer came out to investigate. He listened around outside and couldn't hear anything. Of course, while he was here, there was no thumping going on. Shortly after he left, it started up again.

I kept trying to locate the source of the sound. Then finally I just happened to be standing under the crawl space, the sounds now seemed to be coming from up there. Needless to say, I was more than a bit concerned. A quick check in the storage room determined that there was no one in the open space above in there. That just left the main crawl space above the main portion of the house. There was no way I was going to check there. I called the police again. It is now after midnight. The same officer arrived shortly after that. He was able to hear the same sounds this time. The officer used my ladder to climb up into the crawl space to check it out. He thought that the sound was being caused by an animal once he took a look. The chimney is clear and the main crawl space area is clear. The sounds seem to now be coming from the wall near the crawl space. Somehow something has managed to get underneath the house and get trapped in or under the wall.

The officer is making a report so I have something to refer the landlord to. I will be reporting this tomorrow. Sleeping tonight is going to be interesting with that noise going on. The source of the sound is located near my bedroom. The sound is still going on. I am hoping that the sound stops soon and whatever it is, finds its way outside the house.

I am going to be tired tomorrow. So far, whatever it is, it hasn't found its way outside yet. At least Hunter is able to sleep. He can't hear it from his bedroom. Lucky kid.

Back to doing homework, or at least pretending to do homework.

The 6th Rogue
07-08-2011, 01:45 PM
So what happened?

rosefaeries
07-09-2011, 04:49 AM
The sounds stopped the next day. No clue as to what may have been causing it. Since that day, we have had a snake in the house and a frog in the shower.

Andreadoria
07-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Very weird...But it could be cause I am watching Haunted places show today.