PDA

View Full Version : The passing of a one of a kind Rogue

Ariyana Dragonwagon
07-24-2011, 11:48 AM
It breaks my heart to announce this but this world has lost a most amazing and much loved Rogue. John Broadfoot passed away last night at 1:10 am eastern time. He is with his best friend Lori Stipe Russell, aka our own Allie Sutherland again, as much as we wish he wasn't.

Please continue to send your prayers and strength for his wife, Amy, as she will need them to help her through this. For those who know the family, condolence messages are wonderful and appreciated but please allow them the space and time needed to deal with all of this.

At this time no arrangements have been made, but I promise to update everyone here with the information as soon as I know.

Please light a candle and send him off with light and love.

Thank you for all the prayers and support of the past few weeks. It has meant more than words can say.

SHpepperKat
07-24-2011, 11:58 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers and healing strength for all of you who knew him..

Phoenix McHeit
07-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Heartbreaking... rest well John.

I shall hoist a glass tonight.

AnnaFaerie
07-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Please send my condolences to the family. I dealt with John a couple of times a few years ago. He was wonderful and caring to deal with. I am so sorry. My heart goes out to his family.

Lady Sarah
07-24-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. My condolences to his friends and family.

::candle::

Ysobelle
07-24-2011, 01:51 PM
I knew last night, but...I think it's only hitting me now. I'm mourning and numb at the same time. I just can't wrap my head around Faire without him in it.

Not that he'll ever truly be gone.

Lady Laurel
07-24-2011, 02:42 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the family...
I have heard such wonderful things about him over the years.

Buxom Wench
07-24-2011, 03:31 PM
In 2008 he was voted 'Rogue of the Year'.
I spoke with him then and found him to be a wonderful man.
We corresponded through actual written letters and I cherish every one of them.

Merry meet, merry part and merry meet again.
:rip: ::candle::

Cassandra
07-24-2011, 06:59 PM
My husband and I met John once, at the Stockwood Faire, probably in 2002. He was charming, roguish and larger than life. He will be missed at faire and by all who knew him. Tucked away with my garb is a favor he gave me.

My beloved rogue, Scott (aka Sarum Roberts, Keeper of Head) passed in 2008. I am sure he met John with Corey, Leah and Lori and all the others we love who have left us far too soon.

John, may you rest well in the Summerlands, and if it be your wish, may you be born again at the same time and place as your loved ones, and may you know, and remember, and love them again.

Amy, my thoughts are with you. Nothing can make the road ahead any easier, but from someone else who has walked your path I send you love.

Gemdrite
07-24-2011, 08:58 PM
I was praying so hard this wouldn't happen. He seemed to be making progress in small steps. What a bummer. He helped my class with our Geo Georgie project. My condolences to all family and friends. :rip:

Bean
07-24-2011, 09:29 PM
I also met John at Stockwood and have his bunny butt favor on my sash. I shall wear it with pride this season to honor his memory. My condolences to Amy and the whole CRF community.

Psyche
07-25-2011, 12:16 AM
"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof." ~ Richard Bach

From the moment we met, you have been and will always be my brother, John. Save a seat for me - you know how I like the back corner.

Ariyana Dragonwagon
07-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Information from our own Vyxen to pass on to you all:

"Just spoke with Amy & Victoria (Amy's mom): they will be meeting tomorrow with funeral home in Florence, SC, schedule will be set then. Tentative funeral arrangements for John Broadfoot: Thursday viewing afternoon & evening; Friday am Memorial Service, potluck luncheon at nearby church afterwards, all invited. Information will be posted as it becomes available. This is being shared in advance for those wishing to make travel plans."

Gwen
07-25-2011, 01:42 AM
My thoughts and prayers to his family and all who knew him. I wish I had known him. He sounds like he was a great person to get to know. May he rest in peace!

DoņaNina
07-25-2011, 09:37 AM
My condolances to his friends and family. May he find peace wherever he is.

Thistle
07-25-2011, 02:05 PM
So sad to hear this: May he find peace and bask in the memories of his loved ones

Jade
07-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Fisty and I knew him for years, but lost contact with him until I finally found him on FB after he'd gotten sick. He will be missed very much but never forgotten.

Jade(1033)

Ariyana Dragonwagon
07-26-2011, 03:03 AM
The arrangements:

Funeral Services for John Broadfooot
John Dunlap Hardy Husband of Amy Cunningham Hardy Funeral Home: Stoudenmire Dowling 2402 South Irby StreetFlorence, SC 29505-3428 http://www.stoudenmiredowling.​com/dowling/index.asp Obituary: http://www.stoudenmiredowling.​com/dowling/detailinfo.asp?intProdID=304 Thursday, July 28 6 - 8 p.m. Visitation Friday, July 29 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. Visitation 11:30 a.m. Memorial Service Potluck Luncheon following service at location about 20 min from Florence, info & map to be distributed at service Amy has asked that any Ren Friends wear their pins in honor of John, but no garb to these services. Please let us know if you are planning to attend. Memorials: Blood Donation in John's memory through the American Red Cross http://www.redcross.org/ Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund http://www.nleomf.com/ Condolences and Memorial Acknowledgment may be sent to: Amy Cunningham Hardy 854 S. Parker Dr., Apt. G Florence, SC 29501 Some Hotel information for those traveling long distance, call direct to obtain the Specials pricing: http://www.extendedstayflorenc​e.com/Amenities.html

Vyxen
07-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Please let me know if you would like to write a short message to be read at John Broadfoot's funeral
from you, you and your significant other, you and your family, or an organization or group you might represent (e.g. Team Wench, Rogues of X , Mercs of X , IFoRP, etc.).

If you are attending and would like to speak, please let me know that as well.

I'd appreciate receiving your written tribute/message of condolence no later than Wednesday evening.

Please include your location (e.g. City & State). Send to: lynda dot mccann at yahoo dot com

And, if you know someone who would be interested in participating, please send this along to them.

Very sadly and with many thanks,
~ Lynda / Vyxen

Laurensa
07-26-2011, 04:49 PM
My deepest condolences to his family.

Kae
07-26-2011, 07:15 PM
My thoughts, prayers and energies are sent to the family. May you all find peace.
Kae

Lady B
07-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Amy may you stay srong thru this & John may you rest well. Saying good buy to a frend and family mamber is so very hard. Please remember all the great times & happy times for the sad & sick times are so hard to deal with. I lost the two men of my life this year just a month apart from one another - My Uncle which was my Daddy (for he raised me when my mother could not) in Jan & my Father in Law of 26 years in Feb - both of Cancer - As time passes I am finding it harder & Harder to deal with... I miss them both so much! Amy - Big hugs to you!!!! XOXOXOXOXO Lady B

Andreadoria
07-27-2011, 10:28 AM
My thoughts and Prayers are with His family and all those who were touched by this great Man. Remember the Love, kindness and humor that he shared with all.