PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cow.

Ysobelle
08-17-2011, 04:05 AM
I made BoingBoing. (http://boingboing.net/2011/08/16/doctor-who-corset.html)

Phoenix McHeit
08-17-2011, 07:20 AM
::boingyw::

Sorry... I had to. :wink:

But Nikki, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::clappin:::clappin:

Seodora Dragonfly
08-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Congratulations Nikki !!!

It is S T U N N I N G ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

AnnaFaerie
08-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Congratulations!

It is beautiful.

Ysobelle
08-17-2011, 10:44 AM
I posted a quick in-progress shot Friday afternoon. It's not finished-- at all. It'll have lights, and sound, and everything. Open the little door, and it'll make the sound of the engines. But I wanted to let the people who've been following the process see what was going on. Since I posted that one shot, my life's become completely surreal. It's on Nerdist, Craftzine, ComicMix, Blastr (which is the SyFy channel's blog), Geeks are Sexy, The Daily What, Anglotopia (which is BBCA's FB blog), and even i09, which is a site from which I get my Doctor Who news. Plus other sites all over the 'net I don't even know. And now BoingBoing. Chris Hardwick tweeted about it. It was just in an article on ComicsAlliance, which was also about Batman: Arkham City. I mean...what? How the hell...? GAH! Bless Snipe, she altered my website on the fly, but...holy cow. Just...wow.

AnnaFaerie
08-17-2011, 12:19 PM
It's fantastic!

I wonder how far it will go?

I bow to your talent.

*very big smile*

Ariyana Dragonwagon
08-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Every time I see someone post a pic or yet another article(and that has been a ton of late believe me! :-) )
I smile and Proudly say, my friend made that and she has made awesome corsets for years and quite deserves this recognition for her hard and amazing work!
I am so proud of you and so glad you are finally getting seen for how wonderful your product is! And someday I still want one sigh...

Bean
08-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Pretty soon we'll all be able to say "alas, I knew her when she was just doing this part time". Don't forget all us little people when you become famous!! Lurves you bunches! :hearts:

Bronwyn1653
08-18-2011, 10:42 AM
That corset looks amazing! I am so intimidated by the idea of making my own corset, I don't know if it will ever happen. I can't wait to see the finished product with all the lights and sounds and such.

Dani Petersen
08-18-2011, 07:06 PM
That is FANTASTIC!!! Congrats and excellent Job!:aok::bananada:::cheshir:

Gemdrite
08-18-2011, 08:53 PM
So, I am curious about one thing. I read the article and many of the comments, and now I wonder...what about copyright? Can you get in trouble for infringement? It's a gorgeous corset. It will be amazing when it has all its bells and whistles.

Ysobelle
08-19-2011, 03:41 AM
I'm honestly not sure. There are so many TARDIS-themed things out there-- I don't know where clothing falls on that scale. I'm far from the first to do this, I know that. I guess we'll see?