PDA

View Full Version : Geo Georgie rides again!

Gemdrite
08-20-2011, 01:29 AM
Hey all!

It's that time again! Geo Georgie is about to embark on a new journey through the mail, and I know some of you were interested in helping out this year. I just ask that, if you want to help, please make sure you can get him back on the road in a relatively short amount of time. We want to hit all 50 states, and last year we only got about 20. Thanks!

AnnaFaerie
08-20-2011, 08:30 AM
We are in Texas and would like to help. We can take him into Oklahoma also if no one there offers to help.

Phoenix McHeit
08-20-2011, 08:45 AM
I can do Pennsylvania this year. I live in Amish country, and Artos works for M&M/Mars. Should be able to get some cool pics!

RedFox
08-21-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm up at school in Massachusetts and more than happy to help. I live in Amherst which has the Emily Dickinson museum and can make a trip to Boston and Salem as well :)

lavender r dragon
08-21-2011, 04:59 PM
I assume this is something like "Flat Stanley"? (we did Flat Stanley last year at school - each boy had to take 2-4 pictures with Flat Stanley - we took him on the metro to see the DC Christmas tree).

I can get a picture outside Mount Vernon (i'm not planning to go in this year though...so it would just be the sign out front not the house). depending on when you need him, I could take it into DC when I next happen to go.

Gemdrite
08-21-2011, 07:54 PM
I assume this is something like "Flat Stanley"? (we did Flat Stanley last year at school - each boy had to take 2-4 pictures with Flat Stanley - we took him on the metro to see the DC Christmas tree).

I can get a picture outside Mount Vernon (i'm not planning to go in this year though...so it would just be the sign out front not the house). depending on when you need him, I could take it into DC when I next happen to go.
Thank you for asking! For those of you who weren't involved last year, Geo Georgie is similar to Flat Stanley. The difference is, Geo Georgie gets mailed from me to someone in a different state. The person who receives him sends us something little (or in the case of many amazing wenches last year, not so little) like a postcard, pictures, or factoids about the state, and then they mail Georgie on to the next person. We don't see Georgie again until either he has hit all 50 states, or it's the end of the school year and we need him to come home. Last year we had a little trouble with getting him back out relatively quickly, and at one point he got lost and I had to send out a new one. So hopefully we move a little quicker and don't have any mail troubles this time around. The kids absolutely enjoyed it last year, and they looked forward to hearing from Georgie and shared a lot of what they learned at home.

lavender r dragon
08-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Thank you for asking! For those of you who weren't involved last year, Geo Georgie is similar to Flat Stanley. The difference is, Geo Georgie gets mailed from me to someone in a different state. The person who receives him sends us something little (or in the case of many amazing wenches last year, not so little) like a postcard, pictures, or factoids about the state, and then they mail Georgie on to the next person. We don't see Georgie again until either he has hit all 50 states, or it's the end of the school year and we need him to come home. Last year we had a little trouble with getting him back out relatively quickly, and at one point he got lost and I had to send out a new one. So hopefully we move a little quicker and don't have any mail troubles this time around. The kids absolutely enjoyed it last year, and they looked forward to hearing from Georgie and shared a lot of what they learned at home.

cool. So we could (in theory) have our something ready so that when we get him we're prepared to keep him moving quickly. (& I could include a picture form last year's trip to Mount Vernon home of George Washington, lol)

with flat Stanley we had to take pictures with disposable camera, send him and camera back to school and then teacher had them write letters and helped them mail him off to other places. One of my boys brought home one they got from England and said the class also got one from Antarctica.
Also when i was in college in NC one of my classmates from Louisiana got a flat Stanley from her niece - and we had so much fun taking pictures of flat stanley in history class, the caf, the student union, playing frisbee on the quad, lol.

Gemdrite
08-21-2011, 10:44 PM
cool. So we could (in theory) have our something ready so that when we get him we're prepared to keep him moving quickly. (& I could include a picture form last year's trip to Mount Vernon home of George Washington, lol)
Yes, you could. Some people liked taking pictures with Geo in them, others just printed things off the internet. Silvermirth made a scrapbook for two states, lol. We got pencils, pins from Disneyland, lots of maps and brochures, a cotton pod from a cotton field, and many other things last year. It was amazing, and way more than I expected.

Thistle
08-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Will be happy to volunteer for Missouri

Gemdrite
08-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Alright, so I have Georgie ready to go! I will send him to Anna (can you pm me your address?) Then the trail will go like this: Me -- Anna -- Phee -- RedFox -- Lavender -- Thistle --

If you PM your address to the person before you, we can keep him moving pretty quickly. If anyone else would like to join, I'll add you to the list! Lavender, what state officially are you covering? D.C. (I know, not a state, but for all intents and purposes...)

Stolenhalo6
08-26-2011, 02:37 AM
I can do Minnesota, but if possible I'd like to be a little farther down the list so that Georgie doesn't get to me until after the first week in October. Otherwise he might end up hanging out with me for a little longer than you'd like until I get time to take him exploring.

And just to make sure I understand correctly - We take pictures of Georgie at places representing our state or collect things that represent our state, etc, and send that back to you. And then we send Georgie on to the next place, right?

Phoenix McHeit
08-26-2011, 07:56 AM
And just to make sure I understand correctly - We take pictures of Georgie at places representing our state or collect things that represent our state, etc, and send that back to you. And then we send Georgie on to the next place, right?

Another question that ties into that one: When we send things, it's supposed to be coming from Georgie, right? Like, say, a postcard written in his voice? For example "I saw the Lincoln Memorial" rather than "We took Georgie to the Lincoln Memorial" etc?

erinrai
08-26-2011, 09:47 AM
I would be willing to get Arkansas as I visit there frequently (live in Missouri, but visit friends in AR almost bi weekly).

Drea Beth
08-26-2011, 01:32 PM
I am willing to do NJ again. You have my word that I'll be more timely this year. I'm really trying to mend my slacker ways! :)

lavender r dragon
08-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Alright, so I have Georgie ready to go! I will send him to Anna (can you pm me your address?) Then the trail will go like this: Me -- Anna -- Phee -- RedFox -- Lavender -- Thistle --

If you PM your address to the person before you, we can keep him moving pretty quickly. If anyone else would like to join, I'll add you to the list! Lavender, what state officially are you covering? D.C. (I know, not a state, but for all intents and purposes...)

I can easily do VA and/or DC, and can do MD if you need it, just let me know....

Gemdrite
08-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Stolenhalo - Yes, we've had brochures sent to us, pictures of Georgie at places, pictures/paragraphs of info printed off the internet, all kinds of things. Georgie can be in the picture, but doesn't have to be. Whatever you would like to send to us, you can, and then yes, you mail Georgie on to the next state.

Phee - We had both last year, and I'm not picky. Some people sent letters/postcards as Georgie, and others just sent postcards/letters saying something like "Georgie had a great time and has moved on to the next state, but here's what he did while he was here." We had a few that didn't send us letters or postcards at all, just souvineers (I can never spell that correctly...) or trivia sheets, which is fine too. Whatever people want to send is great with me! I'm just glad people are helping out!

Lavender - VA/DC is great, and if we need Maryland, we can send him back to you later. Because you are doing Virginia and DC, you can take a little longer too to get him back out.

Updated list: Me -- Anna (TX) -- Phee (PA)-- RedFox (MA) -- Lavender (VA/DC) -- Thistle (MO) -- Erinrai (AR) -- Drea Beth (NJ) -- Stolenhalo (MN) (I can move you as we get more people)

AnnaFaerie
08-26-2011, 10:15 PM
When are you going to want addresses?

Gemdrite
08-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Actually Anna, if I could get yours, I would like to have it mailed out by midweek next week. I've got almost everything ready to go!

BronxGirl
08-27-2011, 12:34 AM
If you need me to do NY again, let me know.

Did that lost postcard every show up?

Gemdrite
08-27-2011, 12:56 AM
If you need me to do NY again, let me know.

Did that lost postcard every show up?
Nope, we never got it. Maybe, 50 years from now, it will finally get delivered, and there will be a news article wondering who this Georgie was and why he was writing postcards to a school! :D

AnnaFaerie
08-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Becky Pratt

We are looking forward to seeing Geo George.

lavender r dragon
08-27-2011, 09:27 PM
anywhere you're missing? maybe someone will know someone...

Gemdrite
08-27-2011, 10:02 PM
anywhere you're missing? maybe someone will know someone...
I figure, I'll get him to as many people on here as want to help. When we still need states, either the last person can pass him on to a non-Wench person and he will move out of my ability to monitor, or I will have him sent back to me and I'll pass him on to a fellow teacher in a different state to move from school to school. I'm not worried about it. There is a travel log that goes with him, so people can see where he has already been.

RedFox
08-29-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm so excited! Hopefully I'll be able to get out to Salem and Boston so I can send some stuff to the kids. And I can make a trip to Emily Dickinson's home/museum that is right in Amherst. I can't wait to get up to school to start planning out what Geo Georgie is going to send! :D

Gemdrite
08-29-2011, 11:43 PM
I mailed him out today! He should be on his way to Anna!

Phoenix McHeit
08-30-2011, 08:56 AM
Address PM sent to Anna, and received from RedFox. Wheee!

AnnaFaerie
08-30-2011, 09:07 AM
I mailed him out today! He should be on his way to Anna!

Thanks! We are so excited.

AnnaFaerie in Texas

AnnaFaerie
08-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Gem, what ages are your kids? Thanks.

Gemdrite
08-30-2011, 11:33 PM
They are second graders, so ages 7/8. I have 15 students this year.

AnnaFaerie
08-31-2011, 08:23 AM
Thank you.

My granddaughter is in second grade so I thought one of the pics we would take would be in her classroom...so they could see our small school.

Gemdrite
08-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Thank you.

My granddaughter is in second grade so I thought one of the pics we would take would be in her classroom...so they could see our small school.

They would love that! My class is going to discover the class pet I bought for them yesterday, and I think I'm more excited than they are!

(On a side note, look at us getting along Anna! Between that and all the insane weather this year, think maybe an apocalypse is coming? :-D)

AnnaFaerie
08-31-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm stockpiling food, water and toilet paper as we speak. The apocalypse is on the way. *laughing*

Isabelle Warwicke
08-31-2011, 10:42 PM
I can do Wisconsin again. But I would need to be one of the first on the list, I will be gone after Christmas and out of contact.

AnnaFaerie
09-01-2011, 11:49 AM
We got Geo George!

We will send him on in a few days.

Stolenhalo6
09-02-2011, 12:07 AM
When ever it time to send Georgie to MN, please email my personal email at [email protected] I check that multiple times a day and can send you back my mailing address. I can't check the forum here from work or my phone, so I don't see messages here nearly as quickly.

I'm excited! I've already started collecting little things and thinking up places to take Georgie.

AnnaFaerie
09-05-2011, 11:59 AM
We will be putting Geo Georgie on the "airplane" tomorrow to Phoenix.

G G will be visiting our second grade class tomorrow before he leaves.

Gem, we are still gathering items so it may be another week before we send anything out. Well...and the fact that I have a festival to work is getting in the way a bit.

This has been such fun. Thank you.

RedFox
09-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Got Lavender's address and sent mine to Phee :3

Gemdrite
09-05-2011, 02:39 PM
We will be putting Geo Georgie on the "airplane" tomorrow to Phoenix.

G G will be visiting our second grade class tomorrow before he leaves.

Gem, we are still gathering items so it may be another week before we send anything out. Well...and the fact that I have a festival to work is getting in the way a bit.

This has been such fun. Thank you.
No, thank YOU for participating! It doesn't matter how long stuff gets to our classroom, as long as GG is on his way quickly. Thank you all for your help!

Gemdrite
09-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Also, updated list:

Updated list: Me -- Anna (TX) -- Phee (PA)-- RedFox (MA) -- Lavender (VA/DC) -- Thistle (MO) -- Isabelle (WI) -- Erinrai (AR) -- Drea Beth (NJ) -- Stolenhalo (MN)

Note that I stuck Isabelle in the middle there to make sure she gets GG before Christmas. Stolenhalo, you can always pm your address to Drea now so that she has it when she needs to mail him on. I won't put anyone between you two. This first group should definitely see us through September and probably some of October, so you should be fine.

Phoenix McHeit
09-06-2011, 09:09 AM
I'll be looking for him!
:cheer:

Stolenhalo6
09-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Awesome! Drea, I PMed you my address.

erinrai
09-10-2011, 11:24 AM
PM'd my address to Isabelle.

Dani Petersen
09-10-2011, 08:20 PM
I can take care of Iowa, can think of lots of things for him to 'participate' in.

Phoenix McHeit
09-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Georgie had fun in PA, and is on his way to RedFox now!

Gemdrite
09-16-2011, 12:41 AM
Awesome, thanks Phee! And Dani, I will add you to the end of the list.

RedFox
09-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Geo Georgie just arrived! Going to see about taking him to Emily Dickinson's house today and if I can swing it Boston and Salem tomorrow!

Gemdrite
09-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Phee, we got your letter and lanyard today! The kids were so funny. I read the letter out loud to them, and one kid raised his hand and asked, "Is Geo Georgie a real person?" He couldn't figure out how Georgie was writing to us, lol. I will put it up on our bulletin board on Monday. Thanks again!

Gemdrite
09-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Hey folks, what's going on with Georgie? We haven't heard from him in two weeks!

RedFox
09-30-2011, 01:13 AM
That's my fault Gem! He's packed up and ready to go just haven't had a chance to get to the post office on time with classes. Professors decided to go a little test crazy @[email protected] Hoping to get there tomorrow or Saturday to get his shipping paid for and he will be on his merry way! Sorry for the hiccup!

**EDIT**

Georgie is on his way!

Gemdrite
10-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Thanks RedFox!

I cannot stress how important it is to keep Georgie moving. We really want to hit all 50 states if possible, so he needs to visit and get back in the mail really quickly. Thanks all!

Dani Petersen
10-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Stolenhalo, i just pm'd you my address. Cant wait to take georgie visiting! My youngest son is in 2nd grade, thought about having georgie visit his class room too.

Thistle
10-05-2011, 12:54 AM
In anticipation of Georgie's visit, I have started collecting goodies from across the state. The Pony Express Museum even gave me a teacher's packet! Should i mail that to you ahead of time, or all at once after Georgie's visit? Also, how many kids in the class? (it will help when its time to get post-cards, etc)

Gemdrite
10-05-2011, 01:16 AM
In anticipation of Georgie's visit, I have started collecting goodies from across the state. The Pony Express Museum even gave me a teacher's packet! Should i mail that to you ahead of time, or all at once after Georgie's visit? Also, how many kids in the class? (it will help when its time to get post-cards, etc)

I think I posted it before, but just in case, there are 15 students in my class this year. The Pony Express, how cool! You can just mail it all at once. The kids can't wait to hear from Georgie again!

RedFox
10-06-2011, 02:33 PM
I still have to pick up a few things but I will hopefully be able to send out things from Georgie soon!

lavender r dragon
10-09-2011, 04:27 PM
he's going out tomorrow....had a really bad week here (computer crashed and had to be wiped and restarted in addition to tons of work and scouts and stuff).

Thistle
10-15-2011, 01:57 AM
Georgie arrived today! Going to bring him to some Louis and Clark sites tomorrow for pictures and swag. From there... who knows? Caves? Mark Twain stuff? The Arch? So much to do, so little time!

Gemdrite
10-15-2011, 01:23 PM
We just got a letter from Virginia and DC! The kids loved the postcards and information! It's been an atypical week at school with standardized testing going on, so it was nice to hear from Georgie. Thanks all!

Thistle
10-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Georgie going onward either ;later today or tomorrow. I am currently without vehicle, so the rain is slowing me down somewhat. My bad; but Georgie has some stories of his Missouri travels.

Drea Beth
10-20-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm going to Michigan this weekend so I will pick up a few things to send along with NJ once Georgie arrives at my house! If that's ok...

Isabelle Warwicke
10-22-2011, 03:53 PM
I Just pm'd my address to Thistle. My apologies for being absent for so long.

erinrai
10-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Isebelle, would you be able to PM your addy to me as Geo Georgie as made it safely to the southern corner of MO (taking a trip to Arkansas)

Thistle
10-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Sorry, did not realize I was mailing him out-of-order. Had Erinrai's addy and thought she was next on the list

-Thistle

Gemdrite
10-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Here is the list that I have.

Me -- Anna (TX) -- Phee (PA)-- RedFox (MA) -- Lavender (VA/DC) -- Thistle (MO) -- Isabelle (WI) -- Erinrai (AR) -- Drea Beth (NJ) -- Stolenhalo (MN)

So, as I understand it, we just moved Isabelle from before Erinrai, to after Erinrai? Our class has received letters, etc. from Phee and Lavender. Am I missing anything?

Isabelle Warwicke
10-23-2011, 04:43 PM
I sent my address to erinrai. We'll get Georgie back on track.

Gemdrite
11-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Ladies, please help me out! We have only gotten two letters since August! We really need to step this up a bit if we are going to hit our goal. Thank you!

RedFox
11-05-2011, 12:15 PM
You haven't gotten anything from MA yet? :/ Should have gotten to you a while ago :( I can send out another package though.

Gemdrite
11-06-2011, 01:46 AM
Hmm...something odd is going on. That's the second person to say they sent a package that didn't get to us. RedFox, can you PM me the address you sent it to? Thanks!

RedFox
11-07-2011, 01:35 AM
I honestly can't remember. I wrote down the address from the book that was sent with Georgie I know. But whatever I wrote it on I think may have been thrown away when I did a massive cleaning of my apartment.

Gemdrite
11-07-2011, 11:14 PM
When did you send something?

RedFox
11-08-2011, 02:01 PM
I sent it mid-week in the second week of October. Its no trouble though :) I can send another :) Then if you do get the first one, well... the kids will just have extra! :cheer:

Gemdrite
11-09-2011, 12:25 AM
It's just ticking me off though. We only lost one postcard last year in the entire time of doing it. This year, we've already had two packages get lost, and that's not fair to you guys! What the heck is going on with the mail?

Thistle
11-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Is there a possibility another teacher is doing Geo Georgie, too? Maybe your mail is being diverted to that class?

Gemdrite
11-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Nope, we aren't that big of a school. If it's a problem at our school, it would be the office volunteers putting the boxes somewhere odd, but we would have found them by now. There's only so many places you can put mail. I'm blaming the post office on this one. Somewhere, they are failing my class. :(

AnnaFaerie
11-11-2011, 09:37 AM
When I send this box I'm sending it with a confirmation. Then it can be tracked. I also blame the PO for lost boxes.

Gemdrite
11-11-2011, 02:02 PM
When I send this box I'm sending it with a confirmation. Then it can be tracked. I also blame the PO for lost boxes.
Maybe, if it gets lost with the confirmation we can figure out where they are actually delivering Geo Georgie's stuff! :D

Stolenhalo6
11-14-2011, 03:29 AM
Here is the list that I have.

Me -- Anna (TX) -- Phee (PA)-- RedFox (MA) -- Lavender (VA/DC) -- Thistle (MO) -- Isabelle (WI) -- Erinrai (AR) -- Drea Beth (NJ) -- Stolenhalo (MN)

So, as I understand it, we just moved Isabelle from before Erinrai, to after Erinrai?

Hi ladies,

Just checking in. Where is Georgie at right now? I'm curious as to how many people are between him and me. Thanks!

Seodora Dragonfly
11-14-2011, 08:53 AM
? Any possibility, for the rest of us not participating, to see some of what is being sent ? I would love to learn anything about the states not normally taught. ==j==

Isabelle Warwicke
11-16-2011, 01:02 PM
I've been watching my mailbox. I'm thinking he should arrive soon. Who has him right now?

erinrai
11-17-2011, 10:51 PM
He was mailed out on Monday from Missouri.

Isabelle Warwicke
11-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Georgie has visited Wisconsin and if waiting to ship to New Jersey. I need Drea Beth's address. Does anyone have it?

My apologies for having him so long. He was delivered to my neighbor by mistake. A substitute postal carrier messed up my WHOLE neighborhood. I located him a few days before Thanksgiving. Good news is, I met some new folk from down the street. I'll be dropping a care package in the mail for the class this week also.

Kyrera
11-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Do you still need Colorado? Let me know if so :)

Drea Beth
11-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Georgie has visited Wisconsin and if waiting to ship to New Jersey. I need Drea Beth's address. Does anyone have it?

Address sent via PM.

Looking forward to a real visit from Geo Georgie this year!

Gemdrite
11-28-2011, 11:41 PM

My apologies for having him so long. He was delivered to my neighbor by mistake. A substitute postal carrier messed up my WHOLE neighborhood. I located him a few days before Thanksgiving. Good news is, I met some new folk from down the street. I'll be dropping a care package in the mail for the class this week also.

I am telling you, there is something messing with our Geo Georgie trips this year. We still have only received information from the two states I posted. I was hoping that with our school being closed last week, some of the missing stuff would catch up, but there was nothing that I was informed of. :(

RedFox
11-29-2011, 01:26 AM
I haven't had a chance to send out the second package just yet. Finals is creeping up fast >< I probably won't be able to send it out till after hell week. :( I'm sorry.

Gemdrite
11-30-2011, 12:23 AM
I haven't had a chance to send out the second package just yet. Finals is creeping up fast >< I probably won't be able to send it out till after hell week. :( I'm sorry. Trust me, I understand. In the next three weeks, I am running a book fair (this week), my kids have chapel (next week, but takes all of this week to practice), the Christmas program is coming up (practices daily starting tomorrow, in addition to our normal practices that we've had since September), a Christmas party and projects to plan, my licensing paperwork to finish and submit (by Christmas), report cards to finish that were due today (so did not happen)....ugh, my head is hurting just thinking about it. And that's just school related. That doesn't include Christmas shopping, house decorating and cleaning, parties to attend, etc. Busiest three weeks of the school year, between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

AnnaFaerie
11-30-2011, 05:36 PM
We have the second box almost ready to go. I will need your address again...as I didn't keep it the first time around. I am going on the assumption that our box has still not shown up.

I will be totally ready to mail the box in about a week...maybe two. I am trying to finish the orders I have before I leave my sewing room for the year.

I wish better luck with the mail from this point onward for your class.

I wonder if sending the letter and pictures would be easier if they were emailed to you or perhaps a facebook page. This USPS year has been a nightmare.

Thanks for letting us do this...I wish it had run smoother.

Gemdrite
12-01-2011, 12:47 AM
We have the second box almost ready to go. I will need your address again...as I didn't keep it the first time around. I am going on the assumption that our box has still not shown up.

I will be totally ready to mail the box in about a week...maybe two. I am trying to finish the orders I have before I leave my sewing room for the year.

I wish better luck with the mail from this point onward for your class.

I wonder if sending the letter and pictures would be easier if they were emailed to you or perhaps a facebook page. This USPS year has been a nightmare.

Thanks for letting us do this...I wish it had run smoother.
No, thank you all for trying to help us with our project! I'm not sure what is up with the mail this year, but it definitely is disappointing. Anybody who wants to email pictures/letters, etc. is more than welcome to. We had some people do that last year. Just pm me for the email.

Gemdrite
12-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Kyrera, we do still need Colorado. You would PM your address to Stolenhalo, so that she knows where to send Georgie when she's done. Thanks!

Stolenhalo6
12-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Kyrera, we do still need Colorado. You would PM your address to Stolenhalo, so that she knows where to send Georgie when she's done. Thanks!

I think I'm sending Geo on to Dani Petersen in IA. Do you want to put Kyrera in the middle there or have Dani send it on to her?

Gemdrite
12-05-2011, 02:21 AM
I think I'm sending Geo on to Dani Petersen in IA. Do you want to put Kyrera in the middle there or have Dani send it on to her?
Whoops, you are right, I missed Dani at the end there. So, Kyrera, you would PM your address to Dani Petersen, not Stolenhalo. Sorry for the confusion!

Kyrera
12-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Done! How fun!

Gemdrite
12-08-2011, 11:47 PM
We got a box from Missouri today! I'm not sure who it came from, because the return address was also our school address (way to make sure it got to us!) but the kids loved all the goodies! I will take a picture when I get a chance (I just discovered today that there really is a desk under all the papers...)

Thistle
12-11-2011, 03:23 AM
Yay! It made it- Thanks for being so patient. And I used your school as the return address just in case.

Drea Beth
12-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Geo Georgie has arrived safely in NJ!!!

Isabelle Warwicke
12-22-2011, 11:10 PM
I sent you snow. No really. I swear.

Gemdrite
12-23-2011, 01:03 AM
I sent you snow. No really. I swear.
Dammit, I moved away from Wisconsin to get AWAY from snow! Now you are mailing it to me!? :lol:

RedFox
12-23-2011, 04:04 AM
I left everything to send to you in my MA apartment when I came home for break. It will all get mailed out as soon as I get back up to school. Also Gem could you PM me the address for your school? I seemed to have lost it :'(

Gemdrite
12-23-2011, 02:02 PM
It's okay, we are out of school until Jan. 4th anyways, so we wouldn't get the package until after then. Enjoy the break!

Gemdrite
01-04-2012, 11:31 PM
We got a package from Isabelle Warwicke! The cheesehead pencil toppers are so awesome! (I just got my Clay Matthews jersey in the mail yesterday; I'm feeling the Packer love, lol.) We can't wait to try out the snow (in our 70 degree weather...we will put that "doesn't melt" claim to the test!) Thank you so much for participating!

Drea Beth
01-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Geo Georgie will be on his way to visit Stolenhalo in MN in tomorrow's post. A package will also be going out to Gem.

Sorry for the delay... things are finally getting back to normal after the holidays.

~A

Stolenhalo6
01-20-2012, 12:27 AM
Geo Georgie is in Minnesota. Got here earlier this week. I'm going to take him around a bit this weekend and he'll be back out in the mail on Monday!

Gemdrite
01-22-2012, 08:47 PM
We heard from New Jersey! The kids enjoyed looking at the postcards and the magnet. We also finally got around to making the snow you sent us, Isa. I was trying to wait until I had my whole class, but on the days I had all my students, we didn't have time, and when we did have time, someone would be absent! But we made it on Friday, and each of the kids took a little bit home with them, :D

Stolenhalo6
01-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Georgie is on his way to Dani Petersen in IA. A packed will be on it's way to the kids this weekend.

Gemdrite
03-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Hey ladies, what's going on with Georgie? We haven't heard from him in over a month, and there are several states that I know he has been to that we haven't heard from either. We started this in August, and we've only heard from 5 states!

Thistle
03-04-2012, 02:20 AM
If you like, I just moved from Missouri to Colorado a week ago. Do you have a Colorado person yet?

Kyrera
03-06-2012, 01:39 PM
If you like, I just moved from Missouri to Colorado a week ago. Do you have a Colorado person yet?
Me! :) But Georgie has yet to make it to the Front Range... where he be?

Stolenhalo6
03-11-2012, 02:39 PM
I sent Georgie on to Dani Peterson in IA on January 23rd. I sent out a Minnesota package about a week after that. I just got it back this week with "Return to sender" stamped on it. It had been sitting at my local post office for a week before they let me know it was there. I'll have it out in the mail again soon and I'm putting a tracking number on it to see where it goes.

cerri1968
03-22-2012, 12:07 PM
i am in vermont and could help up here also-- we are right on the NH border too so i can send from both==jen

Gemdrite
03-23-2012, 12:00 AM
I have no idea what has happened to Georgie. I've sadly had to just give up on the project, and be happy with whatever comes in. I am considering not doing this project again, since it seems to be difficult to keep him moving.

Thistle
03-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Is it possible to send a new Geo Georgie out? Or, next year make several and send one to each person who requests a state, then "filter" the responses so that the kids get a new package every few weeks? Or would that be too much like cheating?

AnnaFaerie
03-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Is it possible to send a new Geo Georgie out? Or, next year make several and send one to each person who requests a state, then "filter" the responses so that the kids get a new package every few weeks? Or would that be too much like cheating?

My granddaughter's class (2nd grade) sent a Flat Stanley out this year. Each child colored their F S and sent them to a person in another state. It seems like most of them got their F S back.

To Gem...my second box to you is ready to be mailed out. I've had it for ages and at first didn't have the time to send it and now I don't have the extra cash. I am hoping to get it out to you with my next check which will be the 2nd Wed. in April.

If only my first box had gotten to you. *sigh*

Gemdrite
03-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Anna, my class sends Flat Stanleys out for computer class every year. Most of them do get them back. This was just a fun little project for social studies, but it doesn't seem to be working out. No worries about getting us the second box. I've gotten very Que Sera Sera about this whole thing.

cerri1968
03-24-2012, 09:07 AM
what about us sending something from our states anyway? maybe the kids would like that?