PDA

View Full Version : Being geeky is getting of exciting! Hope it ends up with a job for us!

Gwen
08-24-2011, 02:54 PM
So this has been an exciting morning. Scott has a sign on our car looking for work and giving some general work details. He made up a QR code on it. So if anyone walks by and is interested, they just have to scan it with a smart phone or iPad and it goes right to his online resume. So one of his tech podcasts asked for people to send in creative uses for QR codes. Scott submitted his car sign and on Monday's episode, they featured him! (http://twit.cachefly.net/video/tsh/tsh0022/tsh0022_h264b_864x480_500.mp4 and he's about 50 mins in) That was kind of cool. So on a whim, I emailed the local news agencies about this. Within 5 minutes of sending the email, NBC called and they are going to interview him about it tomorrow morning! I'll post more when/if they run the story!

On a side note, he has two phone interviews tomorrow afternoon! Cross fingers and send prayers!

Seodora Dragonfly
08-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Fingers crossed and prayers sent. Being creative never hurts.
Have fun with this !!! Take it as far as it can go and then some !!!!!!!!!!!
==j==

Gwen
08-31-2011, 04:12 PM
So they taped last Thurs and were supposed to run it that evening. Well with he hurricane coverage increasing we got bumped. We just got word it is running today during the 5:30 show! Let hope this leads to work. Meanwhile, it's just kinda cool and exciting! So if you get NBC10 in Philly and are interested, watch at 5:30! For those not local, I will see if I can get a direct link to the story online once it's posted!

Gwen
08-31-2011, 09:52 PM
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/tech/Tech_Savvy_Resume_Helps_Local_Job_Seeker_Philadelp hia-128848263.html

The above is the online link to the story if anyone is interested! It ran as planned and was VERY well done! Now let's hope for the best.

Gwen
09-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Feel free to pass/post the link as we are willing to relocate! We have already had 2 rocking friends repost it for us! Thanks for the support.

Thistle
09-02-2011, 02:52 AM
love this idea!

MillieWylde
09-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Awesome, Possom! And best of luck!! ::clappin:

Gwen
09-20-2011, 02:30 PM
WE GOT A JOB!!!! The Comcast job finally came through. Scott just has to pass he drug test and background check and we will get a start date. He has signed all the paperwork. Word has it they have already picked and cleared a desk for him! Also they have already approve his time to go on the vaca that my parents have paid for! It only took 5 months for this to happen but we got it. He will be a "contractor" for about 6 to 9 months but then he will be permanent.

AnnaFaerie
09-20-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm so happy for you both. Congrats!

Ariyana Dragonwagon
09-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Sp glad things are starting to look up for you guys! {{hugs of happy}}

MillieWylde
09-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Woot WOOT! Congrats! :cheer: Here's hoping he likes it.