PDA

View Full Version : (Lack of) Winter

MillieWylde
02-22-2012, 10:06 PM
So ... has anyone else noted the lack of ...well, WINTER? We've seen snow flurries twice, had about an inch of accumulation in total, and haven't had a "winter weather closing" at school yet this season. (See my masterful prioritization there? ::whistle::) I'm sad that we're not seeing more seasonal weather - I'm one of the odd folks who LIKES snow. Maybe I should move northward.

Anyway, I'm into my last semester of college - graduate in May, barring any crisis. I'm throwing my resume & cover letter all over the place, trying to line up a job before May. My Rogue is working on kicking a sinus infection, and my Small is learning his letters and how to hop on one foot. Life progresses. I'll be glad when we have a significant change around here - I think I'm about done being a student for a while.

How are YOU, ladies?? :-)

Saucy Sue
02-23-2012, 01:33 PM
The lack of winter hasn't been too noticeable to me here in Houston EXCEPT for the fact that Spring allergy season is already in full force! I have tissue boxes everywhere...bedside, next to the couch, kitchen, office.

I am very grateful that we are finally getting some rain. The drought and the fires here in Texas were awful. Everything is looking so green now. Hopefully this pattern will continue all year long!

MaidenFaeSnow
02-23-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm in Maryland and Spring allergies are in full force here. Daffodils are coming up, things are starting to bud, it's just crazy. While the winter has been mild so far, (we have had a few snows up to about 3 inches but usually gone the following day) having spent some time in Florida, it still feels cold here, lol! Heading back to Florida in March for another week and looking forward to some time on the beach in the sun.

My year is going great so far, I've lost 87 pounds and have just gotten a job after 18 months of unemployment. I went back to school to finally head in a career direction that I wanted to go into as a kid, things just didn't go in that direction for me then. I finish Veterinary Assistant training in April and just started my new job as a VA last Tuesday. I was overjoyed that I was hired even though I haven't finished my training yet.

Looking forward to faire this year, missed way too much of it last year due to medical issues. Looking forward to lots of new, smaller, garb too!!

Thistle
02-26-2012, 03:14 AM
We had barely any winter at all in St Louis. This week I moved to Colorado and found it: Have no fear, winter is here. And has been for awhile. Snowiest February on record. Brrrr!