PDA

View Full Version : It has to start somewhere...

Catherine
03-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Hi everyone. I know I'm kinda new. Well, more of a rebirthing, really. I originally joined in 2008 during my freshman year of college. College took over my life, and I strayed from the boards. Over time, I forgot about them. I don't want it to happen again.

But I was thinking, how many other people have simply forgotten about these forums? Maybe our fellow wenches need a bit of a reminder. I was hoping to come back to the bustling life that was on the boards when I joined. It feels like a graveyard. With crickets. ;)

So I know I'm the new girl. But that's why I'm asking for help. I don't know anyone. I can't call people up, and say, "Hey, I am looking for some awesome women to come back into my life." I don't have anyone's numbers. So if you do have friends here, and those friends have emails or phone numbers, give them a hollar. Then encourage them to do the same. Let's get our womanly chattyness back. Goddess knows I need it. (I've been at an engineering school for the past 5 years. 75%+ men.)

What do you say?

cerri1968
03-27-2012, 06:11 PM
i say that is a great idea-- lets get the forums chatting again! cerri

MaidenFaeSnow
03-27-2012, 08:02 PM
I'd love to see many of the old posters back here. I have my doubts that it will happen though. I think most have either lost interest or are posting on Facebook now.

Phoenix McHeit
03-28-2012, 07:37 AM
I still check at least every-other day, but MFS and I seem to be the only ones - well not 'only' but definitely some of the very few, anymore. It gets discouraging to speak to the walls. ;-)

Gellis Indigo
03-28-2012, 07:40 AM
Yeah, I'm still here, checking every morning as well.
I agree with MFS that most have moved on to Facebook groups and the like.
It is unfortunate, but part of the nature of technology, I suppose.

Phoenix McHeit
03-28-2012, 07:42 AM
Hi Gellis! :hi:

cerri1968
03-28-2012, 09:31 AM
well i will be on here picking your brains and hopefully adding some fun so hi all!!

Jamianne
03-28-2012, 11:10 AM
I miss seeing all the forum activity, also.

Drea Beth
03-28-2012, 02:51 PM
A little Wednesday afternoon viewing pleasure? :wink:

Nathan Fillion, a la Malcolm Reynolds!
(A little diversion from the usual David Tennent and Jason Issacs!)

MaidenFaeSnow
03-28-2012, 03:11 PM
I don't watch Firefly but he is rather nice to look at ;-)

Lady Nina
03-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Yes! I will do my part to get the word out!

cerri1968
03-28-2012, 03:27 PM
he is the whole reason i started watching Castle---piece of info-- in the first season's halloween episode he went as malcolm!! yumm

Drea Beth
03-28-2012, 03:46 PM
he is the whole reason i started watching Castle---piece of info-- in the first season's halloween episode he went as malcolm!! yumm

Why yes, yes he did!

MFS - I never watched Firefly when it was out. Finally caught up to it on Netflix over the holidays. Was pleasantly suprised at how good it was.

cerri1968
03-28-2012, 03:49 PM
i miss it so much--when the movie came out we were all hoping itd take off again and become a series but alas, no----but at least i get to see nathan every monday now----sorry, cant type for all the drool!

Kyrera
03-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Sad day, I come from a very quiet local (I think with thistle there are 4 of us now?) I doubt we have a Facebook.

Phoenix McHeit
03-28-2012, 08:51 PM
MFS - I never watched Firefly when it was out. Finally caught up to it on Netflix over the holidays. Was pleasantly suprised at how good it was.

Here, too. Finally borrowed the DVD's about 2 years ago and just instantly fell in love with the story. Yes, Mister Fillion is very yum! (pardon me whilst I drool a wee bit) but also the writing is excellent, the female characters are very well written, strong, witty, independent, lovable... and the little nuances in each episode are just treats!

MFS, if you care to, I'd recommend at least sampling it via either Netflix or the library. It's that good. ;-)

MaidenFaeSnow
03-29-2012, 05:46 AM
MFS, if you care to, I'd recommend at least sampling it via either Netflix or the library. It's that good. ;-)

I'll give it a try on Netflix.

Gellis Indigo
03-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Hi Gellis! :hi:

Hi Phee!! :hi:

Gellis Indigo
03-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Here, too. Finally borrowed the DVD's about 2 years ago and just instantly fell in love with the story. Yes, Mister Fillion is very yum! (pardon me whilst I drool a wee bit) but also the writing is excellent, the female characters are very well written, strong, witty, independent, lovable... and the little nuances in each episode are just treats!

Yep, I agree with Phee. A friend lent us his DVDs over the past year and we really enjoyed it.
Definitely give it a try MFS!

Buxom Wench
03-29-2012, 09:48 PM
I admit I didn't read this whole post but, aside from driving from New York to Texas in the past 2 days, I'm on here everyday, at least 2-3 times just checking to see if anyone has posted or if there are any new members.

Facebook has definitely had a negative impact on these boards but, there were also a few people that made it uncomfortable / unwelcoming for some members to stay or come back. I miss the old days of friendship and camaraderie and even a little of the gentle snarking. I miss the few regular Rogues that use to visit us here. I miss all the information about garb that we use to share. I miss alot.

I'll never fully leave here but, it's lost that "zest of life" feel that brought me here years ago.

MaidenFaeSnow
03-30-2012, 06:37 AM
How many seasons of Firefly are there? Netflix only seems to have one.

Phoenix McHeit
03-30-2012, 07:54 AM
*sigh* Yes, there is only one. 14 episodes, plus the movie "Serenity".

The injustice is almost meme-like. "Firefly got cancelled after the first season, but Jersey Shore is on it's fifth? Who decided these things? Monkeys???" type of phrases.

Phoenix McHeit
03-30-2012, 08:04 AM
Facebook has definitely had a negative impact on these boards but, there were also a few people that made it uncomfortable / unwelcoming for some members to stay or come back. I miss the old days of friendship and camaraderie and even a little of the gentle snarking. I miss the few regular Rogues that use to visit us here. I miss all the information about garb that we use to share. I miss alot.

What I miss most is the fact that we didn't have to be PC if we didn't want to be. These boards were for Wenches to be Wenches. A place to be bawdy, bitchy, proud, amazing, supportive, argumentative, loud... whatever mood struck at the time. Somewhere one could speak her mind, without worrying about getting yelled at by the Nice Police. That left a long time ago. Facebook has nothing to do with that aspect getting smothered. But, even so, there were quite a few friendships that I personally made with women I've never even met in person. Especially ones which didn't start out as friends. Right, Selena? ;-)

I may not agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

I enjoyed reading viewpoints that were different from my own. That doesn't mean I changed my view, or that she changed hers, but that we were both intelligent enough to explain our stance (sometimes heatedly) and stand by it. Some posts made me proud. Some posts made me angry. But MANY posts made me think. And that, my friends, is uniquely valuable.

Seodora Dragonfly
03-30-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm also still here. I check in every 3-4 days, read what's new, post occasionally and mostly wonder where everyone went. I am not on FB, so I guess I'm not up-to-date with anything....................

Nothing new with me, just job hunting and getting tired of being told ' you're over-qualified ' !!!!!! ==j==

Thistle
03-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Sad day, I come from a very quiet local (I think with thistle there are 4 of us now?) I doubt we have a Facebook.

OT: We need to have us a stich-n-bitch. Its not like Thornton is all that far... My apartment is kinda small (and sewing machine is in storage) but am available weeknights, mostly. Shoot me a line, we'll get something started for Colorado.

Back on topic: I love these forums when they are really rocking, and am about to delete one facebook account. For awhile I was seeing fellow wenches in WoW, but until the Pandas come, even the game has been quiet. Maybe if we started our own, wench only GeoGeorgie? We could send each other goodies from around the country!

Gemdrite
03-30-2012, 08:14 PM
I still lurk (in fact, I noticed this thread yesterday, but didn't have time to post.) I've just been very busy with a challenging, tiring class this year, and now I am starting a second job. I'm a Scentsy consultant! I'm so excited! But I've missed the inundation of posts that used to be here.

Bean
03-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Almost every wench I now know personally I met here on the boards first. I will never forget my first wench road trip to Michigan because all the info I got before I left and the people I met when I got there were through these boards. I do miss the boards because sometimes there are things I want to say but don't on facebook because I really don't want my whole family reading what comes out of my head sometimes. I also have had quite enough of the silly photo postings and the inspirational message posters people put up on their pages. I hate having to scroll through a billion and one "God loves you" posts to get to any pertinent information.

Anyway, back to the original post. I still lurk every few days, but I will make it a priority to check and post more often. Maybe we can drag this board back into the daylight. BTW, I also miss the online wench chats we used to have.

MaidenFaeSnow
03-31-2012, 06:21 AM

Sorry Bean, had to do it!! ::runfore: LOVE YOU!!

Almost every wench I now know personally I met here on the boards first. I will never forget my first wench road trip to Michigan because all the info I got before I left and the people I met when I got there were through these boards. I do miss the boards because sometimes there are things I want to say but don't on facebook because I really don't want my whole family reading what comes out of my head sometimes. I also have had quite enough of the silly photo postings and the inspirational message posters people put up on their pages. I hate having to scroll through a billion and one "God loves you" posts to get to any pertinent information.

Anyway, back to the original post. I still lurk every few days, but I will make it a priority to check and post more often. Maybe we can drag this board back into the daylight. BTW, I also miss the online wench chats we used to have.

Gellis Indigo
03-31-2012, 08:40 AM
Someone hit Phee with some rep points for me, wouldja?
Darn thing won't let me give 'em to her!

Thistle
04-01-2012, 01:29 AM
Someone hit Phee with some rep points for me, wouldja?
Darn thing won't let me give 'em to her!

Done. Got you there, too.

Because I can

Bean
04-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Where did Yso put that halibut so I can thwap MFS???

MaidenFaeSnow
04-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Where did Yso put that halibut so I can thwap MFS???

:snicker:

Phoenix McHeit
04-05-2012, 10:06 AM
*rummaging through various nooks and crannies*

Well, here's a couple pillows... the cabana boy's palm-frond fan... ewwww, somebody left some peeled grapes on the windowsill...a bunch of fabric and some trim...

a-choooo! ooh it's dusty in here. 'Scuse me.

A-HA! HERE'S the Halibut! Hmmm - looks like it was last used on Bob. SARAH!!!! Next time you use the Halibut, ya gotta remember to clean it off!

Ooooh, margarita mix! *sniff* And it's still good! Ok, where's the blender?

Andreadoria
04-07-2012, 05:44 AM
I too miss the joy of the boards. I like being me and most of all I enjoy a great verbal spar once in a while.

.....watch where those grapes fall they almost hit me as I passed under the window with some Biscotti!. The new manservant I ordered will be here soon.

I come by once in a blue moon.

*sets up a little table to work on some polymer flowers and boxes*

merestelle
04-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Hello everyone! I just stopped by after quite a long absence and I found this thread. I used be a daily visitor, but I guess I am one of those that spends more time on facebook lately. My visit today was prompted by a question Nikki put on facebook "where did you first hear of Mayfaire Moon" Well my answer is, on the IWG board. Of course the next logical move was to visit.

MaidenFaeSnow
04-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Hello everyone! I just stopped by after quite a long absence and I found this thread. I used be a daily visitor, but I guess I am one of those that spends more time on facebook lately. My visit today was prompted by a question Nikki put on facebook "where did you first hear of Mayfaire Moon" Well my answer is, on the IWG board. Of course the next logical move was to visit.

Good to see you again!

Margaret
04-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Hey there ya'll! I have the fresh mint for the mojitos! :-D

Phoenix McHeit
04-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Ye gawds, after the morning I've had, I'll take a mojito, STAT. Thanks Mags. *collapses on couch with feet up*

MaidenFaeSnow
04-18-2012, 08:12 AM
*wonders if she can still drink mojito's*

If not, a glass of wine will suffice.

Anyone care for a sugar free Dove square?

Kathryn Blakeley
04-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Did someone say mojitos??? :D

It has been awhile, hasn't it? I was lurking a bit but because I've been so busy lately, I haven't been able to do so. But now, I say we get some mojitos and chill here awhile!

I would love one, MFS! *gleefully takes a chocolate and a mojito and relaxes on a large bean bag chair* *happy sigh*

MaidenFaeSnow
04-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Take your pick:

Margaret
04-18-2012, 04:11 PM
So speaking of that mint....

I planted a wee small bit of mint by my back door last year seriously because I was tired of running to the store all the time for it.

This year I may have to go all lion tamer on it. :whip:
It's seriously growing like the weed it is. If it keeps up, it's going to be mojitos for the entire Midwest!

Good thing Jon is a good bartender

Kathryn Blakeley
04-18-2012, 04:54 PM
It's seriously growing like the weed it is. If it keeps up, it's going to be mojitos for the entire Midwest!

Good thing Jon is a good bartender

So when should I be over? I'll bring the rum!!! ::beerbud:;-)

Gemdrite
04-18-2012, 06:46 PM
MFS, the best part about Mojitos at the Wench forum is the lack of calories or consequences! Drink up! :snicker: Personally, I'll be drinking coke and whiskey, over here in my corner while I unpack my Scentsy boxes. Whee for good smelling wax to melt! I'm so excited about my order coming in. Can't wait to go make deliveries. Bringing people their orders makes me feel like Santa, ::yay::

Margaret
04-19-2012, 07:23 AM

*snort* There's my pretty HG looking all hipster in her Pikachu hat and cool fake glasses. Her Daddy is all freaking out. Good thing she did not turn in to one of those 'boy crazy' kind of girls and thus far has a lot of 'dude' friends and has only been to the movies with "Just a Friend" Evan once. :snicker: She's coming up on 14 at the end of June.

Then, in the news of the day, I have a sad and a happy.

The sad. As many of you know, I work with adults with developmental disabilities in a work shop setting. Our folks tend to stay with us for a long time. The up side to that is you get to know them pretty well along with their families. The down side is that sometimes you need to say good bye. I have to go to the funeral of my friend Mary today. She was an amazing and stubborn as hell woman and she has a ton of family and friends who loved her.

The happy. Today is my Friday. Jon and I have tomorrow off so that we can run away to Pittsburgh for the weekend minus HG. On Saturday we are going to be running in the Pirates 5K Fundraiser. The rest of the time we will be eating. Da Burgh has great food. :)

AnnaFaerie
04-19-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm sorry about the passing of your friend.

I remember those days with my daughters.

I have a 7 year old granddaughter that thinks she is a teen. *sigh*

Apropos
04-19-2012, 12:29 PM
I'll jump on the couch and bring along my Appie Pie and some Cookie Dough Dip. Life for me has been up and down. I have been doing nothing but wedding planning for the past two years. Two daughters getting married less than a year apart will drive you mad! After June, I don't ever want to look at anything wedding. Being crafty does have disadvantages. It may save money, but I have lost way too much time. I will welcome faire with a warm embrace come July. Hi everyone! Let's get this party started.

Margaret
04-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Holy Crap! APPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know - it's kinda good to call you that again. {{hugs}}

Lady Laurel
04-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Well Mags mentioned IWG on Facebook.. Have not been here in a while... but I will take a shot of Patrone with a chaser:hi:
Is that Appie no way have not seen her in like "forever"! I do miss coming here for the bawdy good times.
Heah Wenches!

Margaret
04-19-2012, 05:30 PM
~laughs~. Know what's funny?! When we all showed up over on FB, I had to learn everyone's real names. Now I have to relearn everyone's Wench name!:-D

Ah..... A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Lady Sarah
04-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Mint is SO invasive. Makes good container growing, it does... happy with its own little pot, it is.

Send some down here, I've got a chocolate whoopie pie with mint filling that's dying to be made.

Margaret
04-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Hey ya there Sexy!

Yeah - I'ma gonna have to do all my herbs in containers. I get all big in the shorts about planting an herb garden. Then I realize that said herb has taken over it's area and the surrounding neighborhood and I will NEVER use that amount of said herb. Planted parsley. Pulled that up after it took over. Same with the oreagano. Garlic chives are still rearing their ugly heads. I've dried the stuff, but I grow too much for my own personal use.

Darn fertile soil.

MaidenFaeSnow
04-20-2012, 07:44 AM
Herbs Gone Wild- a new reality series coming soon!

Phoenix McHeit
04-20-2012, 08:18 AM
SAWAH!!!!!!!! *Flying tackle hug* How YOU doin' sweetcheeks? ::badhair:

I bought teeny tiny pots of spearmint, peppermint, and applemint. I've put them in Ginormous planters - one to a pot - and hoping they'll stay put. The spearmint has doubled in size since Sunday, and the peppermint has almost done that. My cilantro is starting from seed and it's barely poking a single shoot up today, and the chives haven't made an appearance yet. But I know they will!

Today I'll be cooking up a storm, getting ready for a friend's BBQ/Bonfire tomorrow. Hoping the forecast is wrong and the t-storms don't happen. Oh, and I have an interview today. :-)

Apropos
04-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Herbs I can grow. Flowers...not so much. I have Chives everywhere. They started in a container and have found freedom among my flower beds. Good thing I love chives and the raccoons don't. I have the rest happily started in my bay window waiting to be ushered outside after the last frost deems it worthy.

So who says ERB and who says HERB?

Lady Sarah
04-20-2012, 04:51 PM
MEEP!
*gets tackled and BURPS* Sorry... you just hit me in the right spot. ;-)

I say ERB.

It's been pretty cool weather down here so far, and rainy as well. We've had rain about every other week, tornadoes not withstanding. :unamused: Everything is green and sprouting. No herb garden here, just trying to replace what the Summer of the Blast Furnace roasted last year. All of our azaleas, hostas, elephant ears... you name it for shade gardens, we'd planted it and it baked to death.

GoodyTombShoes
04-20-2012, 05:22 PM
I planted a little orange mint plant on the edge of my hill 3 years ago. it's about 8 feet round now.

AnnaFaerie
04-20-2012, 05:32 PM
I say erbs also.

Being just an hour and a half or so north of Lady Sarah our weather is much the same as hers.

We have tomatoes that have given us 2 ripe ones already.

We are also already eating strawberries from the garden.

The mint is in a pot and has about tripled in size.

Everything else is growing.

Flower-wise our tulips and daffs have come and gone. Right now I have petunias and alyssum in the flower boxes. Begonias will be set out tomorrow.

My old-fashioned red rose is covered in blooms.

The pear and plum trees have set fruit.

Oh...and we planted grapes, blackberries, garlic, green peppers, cherry tomatoes and 3 white peony bushes this year. There is plenty more to go out, but we haven't gotten to them yet.

If our summer is as hot as last year we may not keep what we have planted, but I have my fingers crossed.

Margaret
04-22-2012, 10:11 PM
I am an ERB kind of girl too.

Bed now. More later.

Phoenix McHeit
04-24-2012, 08:04 AM
I only say Herb when I'm feeling pretentious... or channeling my inner Eddie Izzard :snicker:

So, the past weekend - YAY and UGH at the same time. Had a fantabulous time with great friends at their annual Bonfire/BBQ on Saturday, but the rain Sunday and Monday had me crawling under covers.

So it's a tradition in my family that a HS Graduate gets a weekend trip with just Mama - no siblings - to usher in the whole Grownup phase. I went to Watkins Glen, NY when it was my turn, and those memories are some of the best I have with my Mom. Eldest graduates June 11th. My theater boy has picked NYC as his destination. We're going June 15-17th. I got tix for Avenue Q on Friday nite, for Wicked on Saturday nite, and booked us into the Mansfield Hotel. We're going to take the train so I don't have to ransom my car back from the underground parking, and will either walk or take taxis to where we need to go. The complete NYC experience.

I. Cannot. WAIT!!!!! ::yay::::yay::

Lucy
04-24-2012, 12:38 PM
:cheer: Hail Hail the gang's all here! :wink:

Artos O'Dalriada
04-24-2012, 12:50 PM
*drops off chocolates and custom cheesecakes for the Wenches to enjoy, mutters "I love my job!" on his way out*

Lucy
04-24-2012, 01:09 PM
*drops off chocolates and custom cheesecakes for the Wenches to enjoy, mutters "I love my job!" on his way out*

NOM!!! Thanks darlin!

Gemdrite
04-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Mmmm, cheesecake, I would love some right now. I tripped and fell at work yesterday, landing into two student desks before hitting the floor. My lower back is not happy with me. :( I could use some comfort food right now.

Lady Sarah
04-24-2012, 09:59 PM
*eyes the cheesecake... sniiiiffs and smells the cocoa brownies with chocolate chips currently baking in the oven.....*

Damn. Decisions. ::devilmaycry::

RaevynCait
04-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Somewhere along the lines, I was told, probably by my grandmother, that plants are Erbs, and Herb is a man's name, so it's always been Erbs for me.

I've got a small rectangular container on my kitchen porch with a bit of oregano, sage, rosemary and basil in it. I fully expect to have to move the rosemary & sage at least, by summer, into their own containers.

MaidenFaeSnow
04-25-2012, 06:19 AM
*sends the cabana boy over to rub Gems back*

Planted some basil for the first time, hoping to use it on the tortilla pizza's I make and also in my pasta-less manicotti.
We also planted 12 more English Lavender plants and something new to us; cotton candy swirl ornamental grass.

Phoenix McHeit
04-25-2012, 07:47 AM
That's mah hunny - plying the wenches with sugar. Sawah, no decisions - have both! :-D

cotton candy swirl ornamental grass.

Ooooooh pretty!!!!

"And also ... pasta-less manicotti?" she said, intrigued.

Margaret
04-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Mmmm, cheesecake, I would love some right now. I tripped and fell at work yesterday, landing into two student desks before hitting the floor. My lower back is not happy with me. :( I could use some comfort food right now.

Gah. I'm sorry to hear gravity won. Try this site for some nice pain relief goo. The Stiff, Sore and Sprained works wonders and Kate is an awesome lady to do business with.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AntikaNueva?section_id=5096665

Margaret
04-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Yep. 5K. Ran that bitch in to the ground. :aok:

Did it in 32 min. 14 sec. I even ran the entire first 2 miles. Walked up a hill in the last mile and ran the rest. Not bad for an old lady who really is not a runner.

Seriously, if I lived in Pittsburgh, I'd weigh a lot more than I do now. All I'd ever do it head on down to the Strip District on weekends and just eat. Which is what we did after the race, of course. Primanti Brothers steak and cheese and 2 Iron City beers, Wholley's Fish market for lobster rolls and lobster and crab bisque, a visit to the noodel stand at the Aisan Market and then craft beer at the Public Market. YUM!!!!

It was a good weekend....

Kae
04-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Really want to try the pink grass with my roses. Must find some.
I ran my 2nd Warriors Dash this past weekend. I had a blast, but boy do I need to work out more. :-)

Lady Sarah
04-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Fae, how heat tolerant is that pink and white ornamental grass? Think it could survive a Texas summer? Mom and I have made the decision to stay away from annuals as much as possible and keep with perennials. Our poor garden, it looks decimated thanks to the blast furnace last summer. *sigh* Everything's so small again with the new plants... but I'm dying to see how the Shrimp Plants turn out, as well as the new Balloon Flowers.
3920 3921

Margaret
04-25-2012, 11:43 AM
I ran my 2nd Warriors Dash this past weekend. I had a blast, but boy do I need to work out more. :-)

That's really why I started running. Well, first I started with walking then moved up to running. It's something I can do on my own schedule and other than shoes, it does not cost much.

The only down side is that I find I only really push myself when I am with others. Jon and I will go, but my running pace is faster than his and my legs hurt when I slow down to his pace.

That's why I do Zumba too. Keeps me going and I get to get all sweaty with friends.

MaidenFaeSnow
04-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Fae, how heat tolerant is that pink and white ornamental grass? Think it could survive a Texas summer? Mom and I have made the decision to stay away from annuals as much as possible and keep with perennials. Our poor garden, it looks decimated thanks to the blast furnace last summer. *sigh* Everything's so small again with the new plants... but I'm dying to see how the Shrimp Plants turn out, as well as the new Balloon Flowers.
3920 3921

It's pretty tolerant from what I understand, best in zones 6-10 so you'd be good. Must keep it watered well the first year though while the roots establish.

Phee - I'll message you the recipe on FB, (it's the stuff I brought to the Yule party.)

pngwnmama
04-25-2012, 10:07 PM
I admit I lurk. I will try to be more vocal! :hi:

Gemdrite
04-26-2012, 12:30 AM
Gah. I'm sorry to hear gravity won. Try this site for some nice pain relief goo. The Stiff, Sore and Sprained works wonders and Kate is an awesome lady to do business with.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AntikaNueva?section_id=5096665
Thanks for the info; I'm broke right now (keep putting money back into Scentsy...have to spend money to make money, right?) I was already going to a chiropractor for previous back issues; I'm mostly annoyed that this is setting that progress back. But my back is feeling better today. Now it's my neck that won't cooperate. I've had a headache that just won't go away. My doctor said he doesn't think I did too much damage and to keep it iced for now. Looking forward to bedtime though.

Margaret
04-26-2012, 07:15 AM
Hoped the bed time helped. Back and neck pain are just no fun. It throws off everything in your body.

So - here it is, Thursday. It's a paperwork at work kind of day and then Zumba and Pilates. I loves me my sweaty Zumba bitches!

Seriously - this Zumba thing. I love it so much! Getting to listen to music that makes you happy and want to dance and doing it with some of your good friends. Good times. Good times. Donna (my neighbor and Zumba instructor) said they burned off over 2000 calories at a 2 hr. Zumba Party. Yet another reason I dig this stuff. ::yay::

Margaret
04-26-2012, 07:16 AM
Just a test to see how this posts to FaceBook

Margaret
04-26-2012, 07:17 AM
:cheer: Hail Hail the gang's all here! :wink:

Hey there baby, baby!

Lucy
04-26-2012, 10:31 AM
oh you all talking about Zumba and running... two things I really want to do (and hope to do) after the "big move" happens and I have more help with the toddler. ::pray::

Margaret
04-26-2012, 11:16 AM
How's the Big Clean Out of 2012 going?

Gemdrite
04-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Hoped the bed time helped. Back and neck pain are just no fun. It throws off everything in your body.

So - here it is, Thursday. It's a paperwork at work kind of day and then Zumba and Pilates. I loves me my sweaty Zumba bitches!

Seriously - this Zumba thing. I love it so much! Getting to listen to music that makes you happy and want to dance and doing it with some of your good friends. Good times. Good times. Donna (my neighbor and Zumba instructor) said they burned off over 2000 calories at a 2 hr. Zumba Party. Yet another reason I dig this stuff. ::yay::
Definitely doing better today; not nearly as sore as yesterday, and no headache.

I had been doing Zumba 4 days a week before I started going to the chiropractor and he said "No!" :D At least until he fixes the damage I've done. I miss it! I wanna dance again!

Lady Laurel
04-26-2012, 11:46 PM
I have heard so many good things about Zumba but I am trying to get into yoga... We have been running on average 2 miles every other night.. I started walking about a month ago because ... ( in know TMI) my boobs were getting sore. Strange I know. So I am trying to figure out in my schedule were to put yoga in.

Phoenix McHeit
04-27-2012, 08:25 AM
OMG Fae, I made that pasta-less manicotti last night and WOW! Even the teenage boys raved about it! I have to remember to double the recipe though - I'm glad I had salad and dessert to go with it.

I just wish it wasn't so much more costly to eat fresh. That much zucchini cost me $4.00 (at a chain grocery store), whereas that much pasta would have only been $1.50. Farmer's Market, here I come!

Gem - glad to hear you're feeling better. :-D

I adore Zumba - I even went and bought an infomercial home DVD set. It's not as much fun alone, but it still doesn't feel like a workout. I'll take that!

MaidenFaeSnow
04-27-2012, 08:33 AM
OMG Fae, I made that pasta-less manicotti last night and WOW! Even the teenage boys raved about it! I have to remember to double the recipe though - I'm glad I had salad and dessert to go with it.

I just wish it wasn't so much more costly to eat fresh. That much zucchini cost me $4.00 (at a chain grocery store), whereas that much pasta would have only been $1.50. Farmer's Market, here I come!

Gem - glad to hear you're feeling better. :-D

I adore Zumba - I even went and bought an infomercial home DVD set. It's not as much fun alone, but it still doesn't feel like a workout. I'll take that!

Oh sorry Phee, I should have said something about doubling the recipe. It always is so costly to eat well isn't it? Often it's totally worth it though. Sometimes the only zucchini I can find are skinny little suckers (mostly during the winter). Wish we had a good farmers market around here.

Buxom Wench
04-27-2012, 08:35 AM
MFS -- this recipe sounds intriguing. Would you mind passing it on, please?

Margaret
04-27-2012, 10:24 AM
We are lucky here - we have many farmer markets and a ton of road side stands in the summer.

Jon and I always plant a garden too - I have even learned to can!

I have tried Yoga once or twice. I just did it by watching one of the exercise channels available through Comcast. I don't do well with just me watching TV or DVD's. I really tend to slack off. I would probably like the Yoga better if I was doing an actual class.

I have been doing Pilates once a week too. My neighbor is the instructor. I told her that if she hears me screaming her name early in the morning, she will know it's been a good class.

Lady Laurel
04-27-2012, 12:48 PM
I did Pilates for a while and loved it...but I was in a car wreck over a year ago.. long story short and they want me to try yoga...the muscles in my neck and shoulders are horrible. I am actually kinda scared but I know it will be good for me.

Lucy
04-27-2012, 05:23 PM
How's the Big Clean Out of 2012 going?

Hehe...it's going. I think I'm going to hold off until after faire is over and see what people are actually friends and what ones are just "collecting" friends on FB. And if you mean at home... yikes, my goals have gone to the wayside because I'm being lazy lol. Hopefully this weekend I can get SOMETHING done. I got so much baby crap to sell among other things plus I have a closet full of "hopeful to get skinny again" clothes. :thumbsdo: Like I said, the move and stuff will be welcomed and needed. It's time for a lifestyle change!

Lucy
04-27-2012, 05:27 PM

Yes please!! ::pray::

MillieWylde
04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Peek-a-boo, Lovelies!! ::ike::

I'm FINALLY finding some time to check in on the boards! SO glad to see some chatter going on!! ::couchlu:

Gemdrite
04-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Make that a third for the recipe please! I'd been doing Zumba on the Wii with a coworker at school. We have Smartboards in our classrooms, so the nice big screen and lots of space make it perfect. We don't compete, but we challenge ourselves to get all 5 stars on all the songs we do. I love how customizable it is. I really hope I can get back into it soon.

Margaret
04-27-2012, 09:34 PM
I don't have Wii Zumba, but che Shorty wanted one of the Just Dance games. I think we get more ab exercise from laughing than anything. *snort*

MaidenFaeSnow
04-27-2012, 09:55 PM

Check your PM's hunny!

Margaret
04-30-2012, 07:11 AM
Hellllllllooooooo Monday!

You know - my schedule of 'Stuff to do in the Evening' is usually limited to a 'Go to Zumba' twice a week. This week, not so much.

Monday - Committee Wrap Meeting for Beauty and the Beast, Jr. (OK - it's our own Wrap Party!)
Tuesday - Attend Erin's Vocal Concert
Wednesday - Zumba and get the kid to softball. Zumba depends on if Jon is out of town or not
Thursday - Zumba/Pilates if I miss Wed.
Friday - play Vanna at my company's Charity Auction
Saturday - Erin's double header in the morning, ZUMBA FUNDRAISER in the afternoon
Sunday - Attend Wedding Shower.

I mean, it's all fun stuff but dang.....

Phoenix McHeit
04-30-2012, 08:23 AM
You busy girl! Here, have a mojito...

rex19ra
04-30-2012, 08:32 AM
Hi! My name is Renee. I , too am new to this. I joined last year, but have been unable to connect until now. ::badhair: I would appreciate the friendships, and any info you can give me on the Ren Fest in Crownsville, MD. I go there every year, but how do you get into actually participating? Where can I get an outfit? etc!. Thanks so much.:wink:

Margaret
04-30-2012, 09:20 AM
:cheer:

Hi Renee!!!!

First off, WELCOME!!!

I cannot help with info on that particular faire, but I am sure someone around here will know something about it.

As for everything else - you first need to decide *how* involved you want to get. The Wenches Guild Local will be a great place to start getting involved - meeting people, doing Walks and such and finding out how deep you want to get in to participating in your local faire.

As for garb/clothing/accessories - you can either find on line shops to buy stuff at or you should be able to find something at your faire. You can also make your clothing should you choose to. There are several of us who sew our own garb here and we can give you advise on that as well. Ebay and your friendly neighborhood Salvation Army are great spots to looks for tankards and mugs as well as boots/shoes.

rex19ra
04-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks, Margaret!

Do you have any idea of a name ???? I was given a name when I joined the guild, but the e-mail address was not correct and I can not find her on this site. I have looked at a few sites, but they seem to offer cheap Halloween costumes. I will keep looking. I do not have a sewing machine, I would like to get pretty involved. :smile: So if anybody on here could give me some names, etc. I would appreciate it. ::cloud9:: Thanks for the warm welcome! And the guidance.
Renee

Margaret
04-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Name. As in one for yourself or are you looking for someone?

As for garb shops, everyone does have their favorite. I like The Lady and the Fool for bodices http://www.fantasycostume.net/renaissance/. Devon at Odd Bodkin also does a very nice job. Skirts can be found almost anywhere.

I will toss up some more links in a bit....

rex19ra
04-30-2012, 02:14 PM
The name was Rachel Wyman. I will look into the link you sent. Thanks. You have been a real help.
Renee:-D

MaidenFaeSnow
04-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks, Margaret!

Do you have any idea of a name ???? I was given a name when I joined the guild, but the e-mail address was not correct and I can not find her on this site. I have looked at a few sites, but they seem to offer cheap Halloween costumes. I will keep looking. I do not have a sewing machine, I would like to get pretty involved. :smile: So if anybody on here could give me some names, etc. I would appreciate it. ::cloud9:: Thanks for the warm welcome! And the guidance.
Renee

Check out this site: http://www.iwg42.org/

Gemdrite
04-30-2012, 09:31 PM
I am a HUGE Odd Bodkin Fan. Definitely recommend her for all aspects of a new wench outfit. www.oddbodkin.com (http://www.oddbodkin.com)

Kathryn Blakeley
04-30-2012, 09:43 PM
I am a HUGE Odd Bodkin Fan. Definitely recommend her for all aspects of a new wench outfit. www.oddbodkin.com (http://www.oddbodkin.com)

I second the Odd Bodkin! My fav is the brigantine, but that's just me. :-D

Also, welcome! :hi:

Lady Sarah
05-01-2012, 02:48 AM
The name was Rachel Wyman. I will look into the link you sent. Thanks. You have been a real help.
Renee:-D

I'm confused here... maybe it's the lack of sleep. But, when you say you were given a name, Rachel Wyman, what exactly do you mean? Is this woman who you're supposed to contact about a local? Is this the name you were given upon joining the guild (which is unlikely, unless Lars has changed something..)

If you're asking about Wench names, pick one. I started off with one name, and recently modified it by choosing to add the surname Grimm, as it's an ancestor's name and it just sounds pretty cool.

rex19ra
05-01-2012, 07:48 AM
Yes, Lars gave me that name as the Local Madame. And he gave me an e-mail that did not work. My Wench name is Renee. Not too original, but all I could think of at the time. If anybody knows the local Madame for Local #42, please let me know.

Thanks,
Renee

Lady Sarah
05-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Yes, Lars gave me that name as the Local Madame. And he gave me an e-mail that did not work. My Wench name is Renee. Not too original, but all I could think of at the time. If anybody knows the local Madame for Local #42, please let me know.

Thanks,
Renee

Aha, thanks for the clarification. If you haven't already told us (I'm working on about 3 hours of sleep here, so the brain is short circuiting at the moment), where exactly are you located? That will help us narrow down what your local is. Or, you can just tell us as it should be on your membership card. The next step is putting in a Private Message to Ysobelle here on the board, as I think that woman knows everything. :snicker: She might be able to help you find out who the Madame is and OR, who else you can contact in the local.

MaidenFaeSnow
05-01-2012, 08:45 AM

Thanks,
Renee

Check the link I provided for local 42, all the info is there.

Margaret
05-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Erin's bus leaves for Washington DC on May 18th at 4:00 am. Jon's and my flight for Vegas leaves DTW at 8:10 am.

VEGAS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::yay::::yay::

I have never been, so I am geeked!

Now - just to decide where to eat......

rex19ra
05-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Have a wonderful time!!! Never een to Vegas either. Enjoy!:tp:

Lady Sarah
05-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Erin's bus leaves for Washington DC on May 18th at 4:00 am. Jon's and my flight for Vegas leaves DTW at 8:10 am.

VEGAS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::yay::::yay::

I have never been, so I am geeked!

Now - just to decide where to eat......

Have fun! It's been so long since I've been to Vegas that I can't recommend any place. Most of your hotel restaurants are pretty good. Where are you staying?

Margaret
05-02-2012, 01:42 PM
We are at the Excalibur. If we were staying for longer than 2 nights, I would have put more money into which hotel we stay at, but since we are going to be using the room just to *hem hem* crash in, figured I didn't need to spend a ton of money there.

serena
05-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Sorry, I have been lurking but not posting. My life kind of got turned up side down year and half ago and the hubby and I are now just settling back down. We have moved to Rochester MN as he now has a job at the Mayo Clinic, and I have just been busy with doctor appts.

Lady Sarah
05-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Oh... is THAT what you're going to be doing, missy? :snicker: CRASHING?? ::waggle::

Gemdrite
05-03-2012, 01:00 AM
That sounds painful...maybe you need to wear protection if you are going to crash? ::kooky::

MaidenFaeSnow
05-03-2012, 05:15 AM
*passes a helmet to Sarah*

MillieWylde
05-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Vegas? Go over to the Ellis Island for a meal! They've got some good steaks - at awesome prices - or did the last time I was in town. Also, it's a microbrewery. I can't speak for the beer (as I hardly ever drink beers), but the ROOTBEER is absolutely phenominal!!! HAVE FUN!! :hi:

Gellis Indigo
05-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Also, it's a microbrewery.

I'm pretty sure this will get her attention! :-D

Margaret
05-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Beer?! :aok:

Margaret
05-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Ok, for real now.....

Steaks are always a good choice and I want to hit one of the buffets.

Has anyone gone to the Aria casino? There is a Spanish place there that I was interested in.

http://www.arialasvegas.com/dining/julian-serrano.aspx

Phoenix McHeit
05-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Happy Monday y'all. Hubby and I decided that, if I'm going to be able to record during the kids' summer vacation, I need a more soundproof studio. So, plans are in the works for that to happen! So exciting!

AnnaFaerie
05-07-2012, 10:56 AM
That is wonderful!

Lady Sarah
05-07-2012, 02:38 PM
That's awesome Phee!!

MillieWylde
05-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Speaking of summer vacation...

I GRADUATE ON FRIDAY!! WAAAAAHOOOOOOOO! ::yay::::yay::::yay::

And speaking of Graduation...

I still need a job. Anyone know of any Fisheries or Wildlife jobs open in your area? I don't care if it's a Federal job, State job, non-profit job, or private organization... I just need work, and would LIKE to get it in the field I've been studying in! ::pray::

Seodora Dragonfly
05-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Congratulations on graduating! Wonderful news!!

On the job hunting info. - go to " indeed.com ". They show all the job listings in your field & areas you're looking in, without you having to look-up each individual site.

Again Congratulations !!!!! ==j==

MaidenFaeSnow
05-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Also try simplyhired.com

rex19ra
05-09-2012, 02:51 PM
congratulations on graduating!!!! :thumbsup: Wish you luck in your job search. There is a site named Jobungo.com. It's free and you can customize to your locale. Again Congrats!:wink:

Bean
05-09-2012, 07:11 PM
www.juju.com is also a good search website. It compiles job postings from many different sites. You put in your zip code and how far you want to travel and it will pull up postings.

I have a final tomorrow night and one Friday morning and then I am done for the semester. I'm taking the summer off and then it will be back to classes in August. I need to get registered sometime next week so I can get the classes I want. I know one only has 20 spaces in it and 7 are gone already!!

Ysobelle
05-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Aha, thanks for the clarification. If you haven't already told us (I'm working on about 3 hours of sleep here, so the brain is short circuiting at the moment), where exactly are you located? That will help us narrow down what your local is. Or, you can just tell us as it should be on your membership card. The next step is putting in a Private Message to Ysobelle here on the board, as I think that woman knows everything. :snicker: She might be able to help you find out who the Madame is and OR, who else you can contact in the local.

I don't know everything-- I'm just incredibly tenacious when it comes to research. Grr! Argh! And if I don't know it, well, I'll probably see Lars again in a few weeks when he comes back (he's on the road at the moment) so ask away.

Lady Laurel
05-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Speaking of summer vacation...

I GRADUATE ON FRIDAY!! WAAAAAHOOOOOOOO! ::yay::::yay::::yay::

And speaking of Graduation...
s
I still need a job. Anyone know of any Fisheries or Wildlife jobs open in your area? I don't care if it's a Federal job, State job, non-profit job, or private organization... I just need work, and would LIKE to get it in the field I've been studying in! ::pray::

First Congratulations!!!
Have you tried USAJobs I saw some wildlife and forestry jobs on there a few weeks ago.

MillieWylde
05-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Thank you all for the jobsearching ideas! I appreciate it. :-) If we end up moving, I can only hope and pray it'll be to somewhere with a Faire nearby... Otherwise, I might end up a very sad puppy.

Hope you're all having a good May so far!

Gemdrite
05-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Ugh, I am so ready for June. The end of the school year seems so far away, and I think I am looking forward to it more than the kids. This class has just wiped me out, and then I started selling Scentsy and I'm trying to make that successful...I need a vacation, but I need Scentsy to be successful so I can pay for it! Anybody wanna buy wickless candles? ::waggle:::snicker:

Seodora Dragonfly
05-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Orientation on Mon. went smoothly& the first week of work followed suit. I spent the first 3 days deadheading geraniums, waiting on customers & answering the phone. Easy........... ==j==

Dedeley
05-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Hey, all! Where be the smut and pirates? It's not the wench forums without those!

Good to see a lot of friendly faces!

MaidenFaeSnow
05-19-2012, 07:10 AM
Haven't seen any pirates in these part for some time...

Smut...hmmm...I just had smut overload reading the 50 Shades trilogy, lol!

Dedeley
05-19-2012, 09:00 AM
I am always looking for a good, smutty book. How was the 50 Shades Trilogy?

MaidenFaeSnow
05-19-2012, 06:14 PM
I am always looking for a good, smutty book. How was the 50 Shades Trilogy?

100 pages of plot, 1400 pages of pure porn, lol!

Phoenix McHeit
05-20-2012, 09:40 PM
100 pages of plot, 1400 pages of pure porn, lol!
That'll work! :lol:

Margaret
05-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Hey, all! Where be the smut and pirates? It's not the wench forums without those!

Good to see a lot of friendly faces!

Dedessssssssss!!!! How have you been sugar?!?!

Vegas. Wow. The casino parts start to blend after awhile, but I did like the "Sit down at penny slots and get a drink for free." type thing. While the casinos blended, the hotels did not. I could have spent my 2 days in Vegas parked at the Bellagio and been happy. The Venetian/Plazzo too. Everywhere you look, there is something beautiful to look at. Seriously - the check in area of the Bellagio and that ceiling decor!! Dude!!

The Food. Oh holy hell, the food.

Needless to say, we had a good time. :-D

MillieWylde
05-24-2012, 06:56 PM
The Food. Oh holy hell, the food.

This is truth. :wink: I remember a most fantastically tasty and HUGE pizza at the New York, New York. Nom.....

Dedeley
05-25-2012, 05:35 AM
Mistress Margaret! Hello, sweetie!

I have been good .... finally have a great job and wonderful boss who I thank the heavens for each and every day. My son is 17 ... ack! He's my best buddy, still.

Hmm, what else ..... have three dogs. Shadow, a keeshond. Ozzy, a black lab/shetland pony cross. And Buford, a basset-terd (basset hound, german shepherd.) Buford does not support the arts,as he eats my DVD's of historical shows, and my Phantom of the Opera. He gets away with it because of his floppy ears. Gotta get me some of those floppy ears.

I have heard that casinos are a place to enjoy competitive eating. True? lol

Also, I had to get the Fifty Shades series ...... lots of "Jeez," and "Craps," but the porn makes up for it.

Dedeley
05-31-2012, 08:46 PM
If anyone is interested in the Fifty Shades of Gray, I highly recommend Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel series. It's much better. Anyone else read it?

MaidenFaeSnow
05-31-2012, 09:53 PM
If anyone is interested in the Fifty Shades of Gray, I highly recommend Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel series. It's much better. Anyone else read it?

Hmmm, must look into that!

Phoenix McHeit
06-01-2012, 08:02 AM
The Kushiel series is good smut??? I never knew! ::clappin:

rex19ra
06-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Fifty Shades of Grey is next on my list!!! Is it good?

Bean
06-05-2012, 04:09 PM
If you're looking for smut, read the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Vampire smut at its best!!

Lady Sarah
06-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Rex, in my opinion, 50 shades is great... as a paperweight. But, to each their own. There's a lot of people who love it. If you liked Twilight, give it a read.

Margaret
06-06-2012, 08:54 AM
See - my neighbor loved it. She said it was no classic in the making, but good for a lazy afternoon on the beach kind of reading.

I have actually picked up Game of Thrones. I have just scratched the surface, but it is very good thus far.

Gemdrite
06-06-2012, 11:58 PM
I got really into Game of Thrones for the first two books. Books 3 and 4 are longer, so they were harder to get through. Then I had to wait to get book 5, so it's taking me a reeeeeeeeally long time to get through it, but it's still a good read. And I love the tv show.

Lady Sarah
06-07-2012, 12:42 AM
If you liked Hunger Games, give Divergent and its sequel, Insurgent, a read. It's a similar premise in that it's set in a dystopian post-apocalyptic America (Chicago, I figured out eventually). There's no games for public sport, but it does involve teens and combat after a fashion. It's pretty good and nowhere near as long as Martin's books. LOL

Gemdrite
06-07-2012, 01:14 AM
You guys need to stop giving book suggestions. My list of "to read" books just keeps growing and growing! I'm never gonna finish them all! :-)

thepiratequeen
07-02-2012, 02:40 PM
i fell off the board for about 2 years myself... but hi again to everybody!

MillieWylde
07-02-2012, 04:19 PM
You guys need to stop giving book suggestions. My list of "to read" books just keeps growing and growing! I'm never gonna finish them all! :-)

I graduated this spring. And as graduation gifts, I was given two ENTIRE SERIES (one of which is seven books long by itself!), and five other random books. Add to the 7-or-so random books I have around the house... I now have twenty three books in the house that I need to read (and only four of those are re-reads to be able to finish out the series).

And that doesn't even count the random "Ooh, I wanna read that!" while reading through these latest posts. *FACEPALM* Well... while I'm jobless, I might as well get started....... ::reading:

Seodora Dragonfly
07-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Guess I should join the bookworm club - as I just got laid-off again at 4:08pm this afternoon. Wait 'till UC finds out " I'm baaack ". !!! ==j==

Phoenix McHeit
07-06-2012, 09:13 AM
...I just got laid-off again at 4:08pm this afternoon. Wait 'till UC finds out " I'm baaack ". !!! ==j==

Oh No! Things were so positive at Fling! What happened? :ow:

Seodora Dragonfly
07-06-2012, 12:01 PM
@ Phee;

Two weeks in I found out the Company was having financial problems.

Two weeks later I learned that at the oldest branch - the property would be up for sale with the product & possibly employees transferring to the branch I was working in ( whenever the property sold ).

On Wednesday of last week I learned that the previous Monday the Company filed for Chapter 11 in Fed Court in Phila. This pushed the closing of the oldest branch to July .15th - by then they would decide who to keep / lay off.

Guess its the law of gravity. Just my luck, knowledge and loyalty mean nothing. Last person hired = first to drop!!

So I re-opened my claim with UC & I qualify to still receive UC. So now it's back to the hunt again. It took me 3.5 months to find a job which lasted for 6 weeks. Oh joy! Atleast I got my season pass last year, just don't know if I'll be using it. Depends on how the hunt goes. ==j==

Seodora Dragonfly
07-06-2012, 12:05 PM
May I should look for a job I'd hate. I might last longer............... ==j==

Dedeley
07-08-2012, 08:19 AM
Something of a rant ... apologies in advance.

I love ebay, I love etsy. I HATE sellers who spell words incorrectly. Just almost gagged on "midevil."

Rant finished.

MillieWylde
07-09-2012, 08:40 AM
May I should look for a job I'd hate. I might last longer............... ==j==

I'm already to the point of applying for them. :? Haven't had any more luck there than with the rest, thus far!

Luck with your (resumed) job search!

Seodora Dragonfly
07-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks MW !
Today I got to look at an adorable 1 bedroom bungalow that I now can't even consider attempting to afford since I'm not working. Oh well, maybe when I can afford to consider it - it might still be on the market. ( Already has been for the past 2 years ).

Tomorrow morning I visit a new gallery interested in consigning my jewelry for the next 6 months, in the afternoon I hope to visit a garden center that is 45 miles from home vs 45 minutes - as the last place was. Even if I get a job, without knowing how long it might last, I can't even think about moving closer to lessen my commute.

Pardon me while I S C R E A M !!!!!!!!! ==j==

Pearl_Fox
08-03-2012, 03:04 PM
I am one of those that use to post but life and such took hold. I use to check these boards every day. It was wonderful getting to hear about how things were going for others, and to get some darn good advice on things in my own life.
I was so happy when I saw this post. It would be great if we could get the chattiness back here again. I've missed it so much and didn't realize how much until I came across this thread.

I am going to start checking back on here once a day. I might even start a thread to get some advice on planning my wedding. (Doing a Renaissance Faire theme.)

Since I was last on here I've graduated from college with my degree in costuming and acting, moved within the state of TN 3 times, was diagnosed with Diabetes, have other health issues that we are trying to figure out, and the best... was proposed to at the Kentucky Highlands Renaissance Faire on opening weekend. :-D I also started a new job at Dress Barn and am starting to get my own business up and running. (Still working on making stock while doing a few custom orders.)

So quite a few ups and downs, but I am the happiest I have been in years.

Pearl_Fox
08-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Oh sorry Phee, I should have said something about doubling the recipe. It always is so costly to eat well isn't it? Often it's totally worth it though. Sometimes the only zucchini I can find are skinny little suckers (mostly during the winter). Wish we had a good farmers market around here.

I would also like to know this recipe, please? It sounds like something that would be good for a diabetic.

Buxom Wench
08-03-2012, 05:55 PM
I would also like to know this recipe, please? It sounds like something that would be good for a diabetic.
I posted the recipe in "Mixing Bowl".

Pearl_Fox
08-03-2012, 10:14 PM
I posted the recipe in "Mixing Bowl".

Thank you so much. :-)

Catherine
08-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Ok ladies. I'm dying here. I moved to Jonesboro, AR 2-3 months ago. I have yet to find anyone to hang out with. Where's the nearest local? And are there any wenches in the area?

Lady Cloake Arroway
08-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Am also a newly returning to the boards Vet. Can't really check more than once a week, but am also hoping to reconnect with wonderous ladies of Wenchhood... Went to opening day of NYRF (this past Saturday) and also joined local FOF to increase the contact.

Looking forward to going back to our fair at the end of August for Pirate's Weekend. If you see my family (always have a large Orange stroller) give us a holler!

Cheers! - Cloake

PS - our ship - The Five O'Clock Shadow in the Fleet of Three Sheets to the Wind, is hoping to get out of Drydock and welcomes any new recruits. Capt. Daggr & I would love to have a bevy of Drenched Wenches aboard.

Calico Bonn
08-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Also getting back into boards. Gosh I've missed this but alas life happens.

Piper

Jayde
08-08-2012, 02:53 PM
*peeks around*

:hi:

I'm....back xD

<3

Phoenix McHeit
08-08-2012, 07:30 PM
JAYDE!!!! *pouncetacklehug* How've you been, sweetcheeks? :hi:

Jayde
08-09-2012, 07:38 AM
*oof* *rofl*

lol been as good as can be. Missing all the faires I've been to. Only been able to make it to very few in the past couple of years. Trying to be a bit more social on Facebook too, but that's not working much. Kind of amused at how many people I've run into that missed the message, a couple of years ago, saying I was not moving.

mikki13
08-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Me too.. back again after forgetting my password and kept locking myself out to many times... I'll only be able to check in from time to time but you all can catch me running around NYRF.. now to remember to update profile photo and profile once I get home later. (at work now, don't have access to more recent pix of me for profile) :-D