PDA

View Full Version : A joke without cursing!

MillieWylde
04-27-2012, 10:17 PM
It is hard to find a joke today without a dirty word or two in it, but here is one: Two tall trees, a birch and a beech, are growing in the woods. A small tree begins to grow between them, and the beech says to the birch, 'Is that a son of a beech or a son of a birch?' The birch says he cannot tell, but just then a woodpecker lands on the sapling. The birch says, 'Woodpecker, you are a tree expert. Can you tell if that is a son of a beech or a son of a birch?' The woodpecker takes a taste of the small tree and replies, 'It is neither a son of a beech nor a son of a birch. It is, however, the best piece of ash I have ever poked my pecker into.

:snicker::snicker::snicker:

(Did I ever mention that I'm studying Fish & Wildlife Management? I laughed so hard when my friend sent this joke, I fell out of my chair.)

Seodora Dragonfly
04-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Just what I need !! Thankyou from this unemployed Horticulturist. How goes schooling ? Aren't you done soon ? Have you found employment to move on with ? ==j==

MillieWylde
04-30-2012, 05:07 PM
This week is ridiculous. I had to give an oral presentation this morning, I have an exam Wed, and another Thurs. Thursday eve, I'll be driving to my cousin's house in Ohio, there to let my son stay while I go into Columbus (on Friday) for proficiency testing for a job that I would really really really like to be offered. Saturday I'll be driving home again, and Monday my most-major-project-of-the-course-of-study is due.

Thus ... not a relaxing time. And as long as I survive this week, then I get to celebrate next week - WITH GRADUATION!!! :bananada:

Seodora Dragonfly
05-01-2012, 10:39 AM
I will think & send positive thoughts your way. Hope everything's going well. ==j==

MillieWylde
05-18-2012, 07:57 PM
I got my email today!! Apparently, I got a 71.0000 on the test - which was a pass/fail (65 or higher being a pass). So that means I'm ELIGIBLE for an interview... and I'll find out NEXT week whether I get one or not. *rolls her eyes* Good lord but there's a lot of waiting going on.... :unamused: