PDA

View Full Version : JOB outlook UGGGG

Lady Laurel
06-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Those that are friends of mine on FB have been watching me bitch, moan and complain about the job outlook. I have been looking steady now for over 8 months... Yeah I am living in a depressed economic area of the country and in about 1-2 years we will be moving to Houston or Dallas... (hoping its Houston so bad)... Its starting to make me very scared, I may not be able to find work in one of those areas now. My husband says I need to stop I am psyching myself out. So I called a headhunter in the Houston area who actually laughed at me when I said I was worried, he told me that I will not even need him, gave me some good ideas for extra certs for my resume and just basically boosted my ego. But DAMN and Double DAMN I am fricking terrified. I have started a second masters now in Counseling online at Grand Canyon University. Hoping eventually to just get my own practice and say to hell with the lot of it and work at my own pace but until then I want a good job.. I am going to start looking at the oil companies, Federal and Colleges in Houston. Sorry for the rant but I am just getting discouraged. I have fought my way through hell to get here and now I am falling apart emotionally about this.
I just need to be slapped upside the head I know::ike::

Seodora Dragonfly
06-07-2012, 07:20 PM
You'll be fine. Have faith in yourself. I got laid-off the end of last Sept - after 8.5 yrs - & knew I'd find work come April - which I did. I went back to a business I left 17 years ago & picked up right back where I left.

The hardest part is keeping up the faith in yourself, but it is do-able. ==j==

MaidenFaeSnow
06-07-2012, 09:04 PM
I was out of work for 18 months. I know it seems endless but hang in there!

Lady Laurel
06-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Thank you... I just feel whiney... where is my cheese.

pngwnmama
06-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Hang in there. I was out of work for over a year. I went back to school and now have a job I love! It'll come.

Andreadoria
06-13-2012, 12:27 AM
You'll find some thing I just know it . You have the papers they are all looking for. Do not freak yourself out it does good for the pescription drug industry!!!

Sadly I am out 4 years now. And have no degree and tons of experience...and my field of expertise runnig a performing arts facility is all closed door...and you have to pay to find out about jobs in the entertainment field in NYC.

But alas this too shall pass

MillieWylde
06-13-2012, 08:00 PM
I hear you. I've been out of work since last August, excepting one very temporary job that lasted one full week in December. On the plus side, I graduated in May. So maybe I can actually move into career work now, instead of go-nowhere joblets!

I have faith you will find a job soon.

Lady Laurel
06-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Good Luck! I hope you find a great job soon. I have decided to do some certifications online and do a little SAP training online while I am out of work. Gonna try and stay focused on what I can do to make me more Marketable. The Headhunter I spoke to said down time on resumes are not good and to fill it in showing you did Certification training and such. I am also going to take a few online Counseling courses... so CYA. Looks like we will be moving (hopefully fingers and toes and eyes and arms crossed) in about a year to year 1/2... So that will give me a little more time to delve deeper in the Counseling Masters. So I will be close to having two Masters by the time we move.
Yes I am flippin crazy