PDA

View Full Version : Locking old threads.

SHpepperKat
09-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Is there any way that old threads can be locked? I am wondering if it might help stop the spambots that think this is their playground now. It is too bad that in order to read anything, we have to first check the original posting date.

Just my 2 cents worth and a question.

Buxom Wench
09-07-2012, 07:58 AM
Kat, on the surface that sounds like a GREAT plan but,
I know there are times legitimate people update posts for others to keep up on things.

I just wish me could ban the bots and be done with it.

AnnaFaerie
09-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Kat, on the surface that sounds like a GREAT plan but,
I know there are times legitimate people update posts for others to keep up on things.

I just wish me could ban the bots and be done with it.

Bux, the new girl...who ..by the way...looks legitimate has this after her name. Here is what is says...below. The "Justa Bot" got my attention. Do you know what that's about? I'm sick of the garbage too. The whack-a-dos do not have this Justa Bot thing.

Ursula Bouquet

Brand SPANKIN' New!Local MadameLocal Vice-MadameJusta Bot

Ursula Bouquet is an unknown quantity at this point

Phoenix McHeit
09-07-2012, 10:27 AM
The whack-a-dos do not have this Justa Bot thing.

That's because the spammers have each posted more than 5 times, or been here more than 10 days (I'm not sure which is the signifier). Everyone has that under their profile pic placeholder when they're brand new. Ursula's should go away in a few days, to be replaced with "Forum Newbie". Back when this was a much more active board, Snipe would squish the bots as soon as they came in.

I've just sent her a PM heads-up. I'm sure she'll be along presently to throw down a bug bomb. Until then, yes it's tiresome but not the end of the world.

AnnaFaerie
09-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Thanks, Phoenix!

SHpepperKat
09-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Bux, you have a good point and it is one I had not considered. That could make things more difficult. Phee, thanks for sending off another PM about our most unwelcome visitors.