PDA

View Full Version : Faire Withdrawal!

Morgan Ravynswood
09-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Hello Ladies!
I don't know about you, but I am already going through Faire Withdrawal! It seems that the faire season is just too short, but then again, I'm used to faire going on for 6-8 weekends (hmmmm... maybe we can convince Amy to extend it?).
Does anyone else think that a gathering is in order? This past year, I think we got together in March or something like that, so let's start thinking of what to do. Here's my plan:

1) Stitch and Bitch! do you like to sew? knit? crochet? watch other people do all that stuff and sigh longingly wishing you could do that? Bring a project and a bottle for the cabana boy (don't know who that is ATM) to serve and don't forget about stuff to bitch about!
If you've never sewn or anything before but always wanted to try, bring it! Someone can help you.

2) Talk about faires to attend. There are others in Washington and a few in Oregon that we can put on our calendars.

3) Start planning for a possible Hostel on WMRF site. Nina and I still need to talk about this with Amy, but if she's there, then we can kill 2 birds with one stone.

If there's anything else on your mind (concerns, questions, etc) bring them up!

So, I'm thinking that sometime in Spring after the snows begin to melt. I know it's far off, but I like to plan early. I already have things on my calendar for April next year! The way times are with money and lots of people all over the state, it's good to have this in advance.

Do we want this to be a one day event? A weekend? Both?
Where can this be held? Does anyone have enough room for everyone? Crash Space?

I would like to open up my apartment for the festivities (my hubby can be the cabana boy :-D), as long as people don't mind 2 cats and a nutty dog (although I may be able to get rid of the dog for the weekend). I do live in Central Washington, so it may be better for those who live out towards Spokane. Those on the coast who are worried about gas, you can car pool, or take the train. There is a platform in Wenatchee!

Feel free to post any ideas or message Nina or myself.

Brigid
09-26-2012, 05:51 PM
I am game!!! I can always use a good reason to take a study break!!!

Lady Nina
09-27-2012, 10:37 PM
I think a get-together would be a fabulous idea! Partiularly during a time when the weather will be behaving. I am also planning on hitting up the Wenatchee Ren faire again this year, as well as day-tripping to one of the Oregon Faires.

I would love to be able to get together with everyone so we can yak about whats going on for next season!