PDA

View Full Version : What does YOUR Christian Grey look like?

MaidenFaeSnow
09-23-2012, 01:33 PM
We all get that mental picture of characters in books. Thought I'd share with you what my Christian looks like and here, take a drool cloth too [] []

Brigid
09-26-2012, 05:50 PM
I hasn't read it yet :( it might be on my reading list, but I have a huge backlog at the moment with grad school having started. Is it worth reading, Should I bump it to the front of my reading list??? I've heard very mixed reviews on it.

DoñaNina
09-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Is it worth reading, Should I bump it to the front of my reading list??? I've heard very mixed reviews on it.

Not unless you can stand such brilliant literary gems as...

“Does this mean you’re going to make love to me tonight, Christian?” Holy shit. Did I just say that? His mouth drops open slightly, but he recovers quickly.
“No, Anastasia it doesn’t. Firstly, I don’t make love. I fuck… hard. Secondly, there’s a lot more paperwork to do, and thirdly, you don’t yet know what you’re in for. You could still run for the hills. Come, I want to show you my playroom.”

“I want you sore, baby,” he murmurs, and he continues his sweet, leisurely torment, backward, forward.

He's naked except for those soft ripped jeans, top button casually undone. Jeez, he looks so freaking hot.

::freakyf:

Gemdrite
09-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Brigid, everyone's opinion is different. Personally, I loved the books. I'm thinking about reading them again. Amusingly, I read them because people were raving about how extreme they were. I wanted to see how they compared to other things I've read (I've read much worse, lol.) But I kept reading them not just for the sex, but also the psychology. I love the analysis of 8why* Christian is the way he is, and it isn't a boring exposition, it's written throughout the books like it would be if you were really getting to know somebody.

Although, I can't post a picture of my Christian, because I didn't really think of anybody that really exists (that I know of, anyways.) In any event, even if you decide you don't care for them, they are a *quick* read. It doesn't take long to fly through them.

MaidenFaeSnow
09-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Sometimes a "brain dead" read is just FUN. That's why I read them. Yes, some of the things Anastasia says drove me nuts, but overall they were quick and fun to read and then I passed them on. Some folks don't like them, some do. That's okay.

DoñaNina
09-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Didn't mean to offend, my apologies. I'm a member of the "KILL IT WITH FIRE" group of literary nerds when it comes to the 50 Shades and Twilight series and sometimes our joking can turn into an all-out ranting bitch-fest.

All that being said, I hear Emma Watson wouldn't say no to playing the main character!

Pearl_Fox
09-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Sometimes a "brain dead" read is just FUN. That's why I read them. Yes, some of the things Anastasia says drove me nuts, but overall they were quick and fun to read and then I passed them on. Some folks don't like them, some do. That's okay.

I agree, a "brain dead" read can be nice for times you just do not want to think. I have to say I tried reading 50 Shades and just couldn't get into it, so I've put it away for now will probably try to read it again at a later point.

I am one of those that if a book has such varied opinions on it that I want to read it for myself.

Saucy Sue
09-27-2012, 03:05 PM
I have read the whole trilogy and I enjoyed them. I was curious because of everything that was being said on the news. It wasn't as hard core as I was expecting. Some of the dialogue from Ana did drive me crazy but when you stop and remember she is only 21 when they first meet, it makes more sense.

MaidenFaeSnow
09-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Part that drove me nuts the most? Calling it My Sex. What?!?!?!?! LOL!

Gemdrite
09-27-2012, 10:57 PM
For me, it was the "Inner Goddess" comments. "My inner goddess this, my inner goddess that." I was like, okay, we get it, enough already!

DonaNina, I wasn't offended, and I apologize if it came across that way. I've read many "kill it with fire" rants, and many "omgee best book ever!" raves, so I was just pointing out that really, she isn't going to get a consensus of opinions, that's all. It's why I used her name, to purposely show that I wasn't responding to your post but hers, but maybe it made it seem like I was upset.

That being said, as much as I love to read, most of my reads are "brain dead" reads. I spend all day teaching, and I read tons of educational material and magazines and things, so when I am reading for fun, I don't want to *have* to think if I don't want to. I read a book like most people watch tv, lol.