PDA

View Full Version : ACLU Wants Charges Dropped In 'Druid'-Related Traffic Stop

Eric McTavish
08-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Oh look... Eric's beating a dead horse again... :roll:
Found here (http://www.thecarolinachannel.com/news/4832300/detail.html)

ACLU Wants Charges Dropped In 'Druid'-Related Traffic Stop
Officers Involved No Longer With Department
POSTED: 9:09 am EDT August 10, 2005
UPDATED: 9:30 am EDT August 10, 2005

GREER, S.C. -- The American Civil Liberties Union is demanding that the city of Greer drop all charges and apologize to a Greer couple who claim they were targeted by police because of a religious bumper sticker.

Tony and D.J. Gainey said police pulled the couple over in May because of the bumper stickers on their car.

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0810/4832374_200X150.jpg
One of the stickers read, "It's a druid thing."

The Gaineys said they believe in druidism -- a nature-focused religion.

Reserve Officer Tony Stewart and Officer Gilbert Lozada cited Tony Gainey for driving with a suspended license, not having proper license plates or proof of insurance.

Gainey said he's convinced he would not have been pulled over if it weren't for the bumper sticker.

"I shouldn't been driving. I am guilty of that, but the stop never would have taken place if they wouldn't have violated our rights," said Gainey.

In a letter to the Greer Police Department, the Piedmont Chapter of the ACLU demanded that all charges be dropped against the Gaineys.

Greer City Attorney John Duggan said the officers involved in the traffic stop did nothing wrong.

"In my 25 years as a prosecutor I've handled -- I don't know how many cases -- where the stop started when the officer called in a routine check of a tag. The bumper sticker had nothing to do with the reason for the stop," said Duggan.

Greer police have since suspended the reserve officer program and Officer Lozada no longer works for the department.

"I can say it didn't have anything to do with this case, " said Duggan.

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0810/4832373_200X150.jpg
Tony Gainey

The ACLU said it's not so sure.

"Seems like too much of a coincidence that two officers who stopped the Gaineys are gone. Something happened here that wasn't right," said Mike Cubelo, a spokesman for the ACLU Piedmont Chapter.

The Gaineys are scheduled to appear in traffic court next week.

Tony Gainey said he's sure justice will prevail.

"I feel that good things will come out of this," he said.

Previous Stories:
June 23, 2005: Officer Promoted Religion During Traffic Stop (http://www.thecarolinachannel.com/news/4643120/detail.html)

Lady Sarah
08-10-2005, 04:03 PM
oh christ... here we go again...

Any one taking bets on how long it takes before Mr. Gainey and his friends are back on this topic?

Eric... you just can't help it, can you?

Eric McTavish
08-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Eric... QUIT IT!!

Awwww!!! :sigh: **kicks horse corpse one last time**

Lady Sarah
08-10-2005, 04:10 PM
and that's what happens when I try and edit while at work and a phone call comes in. ~LOL~ sorry Eric.

Pathos
08-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Well since this has been resurrected...I'll point out (again) the only 2 statements that really should matter in this whole mess.

This...

Reserve Officer Tony Stewart and Officer Gilbert Lozada cited Tony Gainey for driving with a suspended license, not having proper license plates or proof of insurance.

And this...

"In my 25 years as a prosecutor I've handled -- I don't know how many cases -- where the stop started when the officer called in a routine check of a tag. The bumper sticker had nothing to do with the reason for the stop," said Duggan.

Magdalene
08-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Awww hell.....::waits for the trolls to come back in full force::

rosefaeries
08-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Eric quit playing with the dead horse. It's not healthy to play with dead and rotting things.....Besides I think it is starting to really smell bad, very bad. :shock: How long has it been laying here?

Tony Gainey
08-11-2005, 06:26 AM
Hello everyone, I haven't gone anywhere, and Eric, thanks for posting this. I was planing on doing it but the last day or to have been busy around here.

The ACLU , after looking over ALL of the evidence feels that there is ample enough evidence to get involved.

AnnaFaerie
08-11-2005, 07:57 AM
*cough, cough*

RichardMacHugely
08-11-2005, 08:23 AM
I bought a coconut cream pie over at Giant the other day. Now usually, I don't care so much for store-bought pies, but this was one of their "gourmet" pies, and it was delicious.

Pathos
08-11-2005, 08:34 AM
I bought a coconut cream pie over at Giant the other day. Now usually, I don't care so much for store-bought pies, but this was one of their "gourmet" pies, and it was delicious.
To paraphrase Will Rogers...

"I never met a pie I didn't like."

8)

Eric McTavish
08-11-2005, 08:41 AM
MMmmmmm Pie!

RichardMacHugely
08-11-2005, 08:52 AM
If I had been stuck on Gilligan's Island, I definitely would have made a play for Mary Ann, because not only was she sexy as all hell AND cute as a button, she also did all the baking.

In other words, she had the best pie, all around.

Lady Sarah
08-11-2005, 09:05 AM
If I had been stuck on Gilligan's Island, I definitely would have made a play for Mary Ann, because not only was she sexy as all hell AND cute as a button, she also did all the baking.

In other words, she had the best pie, all around.

I've been told my peppermint pie is to die for. coooool and minty fresh!

RichardMacHugely
08-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Well my Lady, when I come down to Texas I'll have to get a taste of your pie.

Eric McTavish
08-11-2005, 09:16 AM
If I had been stuck on Gilligan's Island, I definitely would have made a play for Mary Ann

MMMmmmmm.... Mary Ann!!! :lick:

Lady Sarah
08-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Well my Lady, when I come down to Texas I'll have to get a taste of your pie.

Just give me warning in advance so I can get it prepared and piled high with whipped cream for you.

RichardMacHugely
08-11-2005, 09:50 AM
Well, the more the whipping, the sweeter the cream, I always say.

AnnaFaerie
08-11-2005, 09:53 AM

snarf

Lady Sarah
08-11-2005, 10:09 AM

You sir... are you speaking of the topping or the creamy pink filling beneath it?

RichardMacHugely
08-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Cream or Filling? Niether is any good without the other. Really good pie nees plenty of both.

Lady Sarah
08-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Cream or Filling? Niether is any good without the other. Really good pie nees plenty of both.

true, true.. but waht about fruit filled pies? those are better all warm and gooey, perhaps with the cream melting over the sides

Tony Gainey
08-11-2005, 04:13 PM
The City Attorney denies any wrong doing, But admits to making random stops on a regular basis.
Well that is a Violation of the fourtenth amendment, by it self.

Sparrow
08-11-2005, 04:21 PM
mmm fruit pie.....

the darker the berry the sweeter the juice.............

-k

Pathos
08-11-2005, 04:21 PM
The City Attorney denies any wrong doing, But admits to making random stops on a regular basis.
Well that is a Violation of the fourtenth amendment, by it self.
Huh?

Amendment XIV

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several states according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each state, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the executive and judicial officers of a state, or the members of the legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such state, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such state.

Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

Lady Sarah
08-11-2005, 04:23 PM
mmm fruit pie.....

raspberries, strawberries, blackberries...

peaches...

Pathos
08-11-2005, 04:26 PM
peaches...
Mmmmmm...Sarah said peaches.

8)

Lady Sarah
08-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Huh?

Amendment XIV

geez... of all the... :irked:

Richard, Sparrow and I were talking pie and here you come, quoting the constitution.

some people.

nuttin' but luuuuuuuuuuuuv Pathos... nuttin' but luuuuuuuuuuuuv!!

Pathos
08-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Richard, Sparrow and I were talking pie and here you come, quoting the constitution.
I DID feel a little conflicted by jacking the thread from it's topic of pie.

Sorry. :cry:

Alianne
08-11-2005, 05:08 PM
MMmmmmm Pie!

I'm feeling the need to watch an episode of Weebl and Bob all of a sudden......

http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/pie.htm

Wolves Lady
08-11-2005, 05:45 PM
mmm fruit pie.....

raspberries, strawberries, blackberries...

peaches...

Oooooooohhhhhhh...Triple Berry...Warmed.....Ala 'mode ::::::::Sigh::::::::

Sparrow
08-11-2005, 08:34 PM

:singdanc: Pie in the face for Pathos......Pie in the face for Pathos...... :singdanc:

hee hee

-K

mmm warm apple pie with homemade vanilla ice cream and butterscotch sauce.........

Pathos
08-11-2005, 09:03 PM
mmm warm apple pie with homemade vanilla ice cream and butterscotch sauce.........
That is SO not the pie I was hoping for. :wink:

Lady Sarah
08-11-2005, 09:03 PM
:singdanc: Pie in the face for Pathos......Pie in the face for Pathos...... :singdanc:

hee hee

-K

warm CHERRYpie with homemade vanilla ice cream...

appley pie deserves cinnamon ice cream.

Ysobelle
08-11-2005, 10:37 PM

Only if we get to lick it off.

Dian
08-11-2005, 11:49 PM
I am not familiar with this Eric person, and before anyone gets offended I want to make a disclaimer that I am am a Conservative, Wiccan Deouty Sheriff from California. ( I know) That being said, based on the information that is out there, the ACLU is correct. Mind you, I am going off of California Law though precendence has been set throughout the Supreme court, that you cannot random;y run plates. It's called licence plate lotto.. Lawyers have often called it profiling. Why did the officers decide to run that particular car? I have not read the report, or seen the cite, but I did not see speeding, exp. tags or anything that would have caught my eye and given me probable cause to pull the vehicle over. Was he wrong for driving ? Yes. Which he admits, but our justice system today has done nothing but give groups like the ACLU fuel in their witch hunts for so called justice. We as cops are no longer allowed to "follow hunches" based on experience and training. Was the car dirty? Probably. Did the officers know it was a good shake based on past contacts yes, but will the courts agree with the officers. Sadly, I doubt it. Trust me, we would love to have back the ability to use common sense in our job, but these days I am making arrests with both hands tied behind my back.

Dian

Tempest_Gypsy
08-12-2005, 12:11 AM
MMmmmmm Pie!

Yay! Weebl!

Cyranno DeBoberac
08-12-2005, 01:06 AM
I am not familiar with this Eric person, and before anyone gets offended I want to make a disclaimer that I am am a Conservative, Wiccan Deouty Sheriff from California. ( I know) That being said, based on the information that is out there, the ACLU is correct. Mind you, I am going off of California Law though precendence has been set throughout the Supreme court, that you cannot random;y run plates. It's called licence plate lotto.. Lawyers have often called it profiling. Why did the officers decide to run that particular car? I have not read the report, or seen the cite, but I did not see speeding, exp. tags or anything that would have caught my eye and given me probable cause to pull the vehicle over. Was he wrong for driving ? Yes. Which he admits, but our justice system today has done nothing but give groups like the ACLU fuel in their witch hunts for so called justice. We as cops are no longer allowed to "follow hunches" based on experience and training. Was the car dirty? Probably. Did the officers know it was a good shake based on past contacts yes, but will the courts agree with the officers. Sadly, I doubt it. Trust me, we would love to have back the ability to use common sense in our job, but these days I am making arrests with both hands tied behind my back.

Dian

What does any of that have to do with pie?

Jeannie Fitzgerald
08-12-2005, 01:37 AM

Dian

Curious. A former co-worker of mine did a ride-a-long (or whatever the heck they call it) with Tempe Police one night about four or five years ago. One thing he observed was the officer he was riding with would input license plate numbers into the on board computer while stopped at traffic lights.

Btw, do I know your Mother?

Sparrow
08-12-2005, 07:59 AM
That is SO not the pie I was hoping for. :wink:

:singdanc: sing a song of sixpence pocketfull of rye
4 and twenty Sparrows baked in a pie :singdanc:

-everything tastes better with butterscotch

-K

butterscotch? or a buttered scots? hmmmmmmmmmm

MaidenFaeSnow
08-12-2005, 12:26 PM
I prefer boston cream pie (does that count as pie...or really cake??) if it's cake I'll stick with coconut cream pie..mmmmmmm...

Erik...I just ran your plates and found out that you went over the pie limit!

AnnaFaerie
08-12-2005, 01:07 PM
I prefer boston cream pie (does that count as pie...or really cake??) if it's cake I'll stick with coconut cream pie..mmmmmmm...

Erik...I just ran your plates and found out that you went over the pie limit!

:snarf:

Alianne
08-12-2005, 03:20 PM
MMmmmmm Pie!

Yay! Weebl!

I wanted to buy the Demi-God a pair of boxers with Weebl on them (you can add text) with 'Handy Cannon' written on them, but he told me that was Just Wrong. :)

Tony Gainey
08-12-2005, 05:40 PM

DianYes I do agree with you that some of our laws that protect our rights also help criminals get off on technicalities.
This is sad. But we cannot let our rights be taken away or abused becouse of a few.

This incident with me and my wife acurred while on the way home from shopping. This is something that we all have to do on a regular basis.

It is correct that I did not have licence at the time of the stop , and it has been a few years since I have had them. If you want to know why I have waited so long to get them back , I will tell you, money.

For a DUI , I recieved a one year suspension, thirty-six hundred in fines. Then you have to carry sr-22 insurance for three years, and that is rather costly. And then you go through the adsap course(several hundred more dollars)and last but not least the reinstatement fees. Yes I made a mistake and have to pay for it. But I am not made out of money and I do still have to live and maintain a life as I do get my past mistakes resolved.

Was the car dirty? Probably.

No the car was not dirty. My wife likes her car to look nice even if it old, and besides it rains here so much it is hard for the cars to get 'dirty'.

Did the officers know it was a good shake based on past contacts yes
I am guessing this means having had previous contact with us for whatever reason. No! My DUI was almost seven years ago and in Greenville County, not the City of Greer. My wife last had a traffic ticket (which she won) in 1979 in Flagstaff, AZ. So, NO, they did not know us or the car from previous experiences.

Tony Gainey
08-12-2005, 06:07 PM

Bravo Cyranno! A sane voice among the mob!

I hate to bust your bubble but I think that someone or should I say a few of us might have a case of alziemers, since we have forgotten what the topic of this thead is....or does someone need to call your mamma and tell her you guys need a long talking to about maturity? LOL...

Lady Sarah
08-12-2005, 06:17 PM

I hate to bust your bubble but I think that someone or should I say a few of us might have a case of alziemers, since we have forgotten what the topic of this thead is....or does someone need to call your mamma and tell her you guys need a long talking to about maturity? LOL...

uhm, Tony....hate to bust *your* bubble, but I highly doubt Cyr was speaking on your behalf. In fact, if I know him, he was being sarcastic towards you.

And as i can't speak for everyone, I know that *I* continue on with the pie references as I just am tired of seeing this article come up and we'd rather talk about something more interesting.

I could be wrong, it's been known to happen.

Pathos
08-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Personally...I'd like to see this thread return to where Ysobelle was talking about licking pie off my face.

:aok:

Alianne
08-12-2005, 06:31 PM
]Yes I do agree with you that some of our laws that protect our rights also help criminals get off on technicalities.
This is sad. But we cannot let our rights be taken away or abused becouse of a few.

This incident with me and my wife acurred while on the way home from shopping. This is something that we all have to do on a regular basis.

It is correct that I did not have licence at the time of the stop , and it has been a few years since I have had them. If you want to know why I have waited so long to get them back , I will tell you, money.

For a DUI , I recieved a one year suspension, thirty-six hundred in fines. Then you have to carry sr-22 insurance for three years, and that is rather costly. And then you go through the adsap course(several hundred more dollars)and last but not least the reinstatement fees. Yes I made a mistake and have to pay for it. But I am not made out of money and I do still have to live and maintain a life as I do get my past mistakes resolved.

No the car was not dirty. My wife likes her car to look nice even if it old, and besides it rains here so much it is hard for the cars to get 'dirty'.

I am guessing this means having had previous contact with us for whatever reason. No! My DUI was almost seven years ago and in Greenville County, not the City of Greer. My wife last had a traffic ticket (which she won) in 1979 in Flagstaff, AZ. So, NO, they did not know us or the car from previous experiences.

Okay, dude. Here's the deal. You fucked up by driving drunk and getting caught. You've made *no* attempt to accumulate any sort of money to legitimately get your license back (you've had *seven* years -- you couldn't have been putting money away in bits and pieces since your DUI bust? C'mon.........)

So, you made the conscious choice to do the following:

a) get behind the wheel of a vehicle while trashed.

b) not save the money to pay the fines because you were *stupid* enough to get behind the wheel of a vehicle while trashed after getting arrested and convicted of DUI.

c) because you didn't save the money to pay the fines because you were *stupid* enough to get behind the wheel of a vehicle while trashed after getting arrested and convicted of DUI, you then made the conscious decision to drive without a legal license.

d) because of said above stupidity, your insurance company either dropped you or put you in the 'assigned risk' pool, causing you to pay more money. You let the insurance lapse and are stupid enough to continue running the vehicle on the road.

e) you and your wife are stupid enough to drive an unregistered vehicle with expired tags *in full view of everyone*. Asshat, you're lucky you weren't stopped years ago!

f) you and your wife are stupid enough to drive a vehicle with expired tags *in full view of everyone*, you get pulled over by a local cop who -- gee -- happens to notice that your car has expired registration tags.

g) because you and your wife are stupid enough to drive a vehicle with expired tags *in full view of everyone*, you get pulled over by a local cop who -- gee -- happens to notice that your car has expired registration tags, he asks you for your license, along with registration and insurance card. NONE OF WHICH YOU HAVE. You have *no* license, *no* insurance, *no* registration.....REMEMBER?

h) because of said above stupidity, you get into more trouble with the law.

The only 'transgression' is that the cop got a little zealous in his 'praise the Lord' routine. That's wrong, certainly....but I'll betcha that it wasn't your 'druid' bumper sticker that got you into trouble -- IT'S ALL THE TROUBLE YOU GOT YOURSELF IN BECAUSE OF THE INSANELY STUPID CHOICES YOU'VE MADE OVER THE PAST SEVEN YEARS!

Bottom line is this: Your car should never have been on the road in the first place. You should never have been driving your car which never should have been on the road in the first place. Had you and your car been where they legally should have been -- off the road someplace, *none* of this would have happened. None of it.

I work in auto insurance and asshats like you -- who get drunk behind the wheel, drive without licenses and without insurance on your cars make me puke. Do you know the damage you could have done to someone else -- and yourself -- if you had been in an at-fault accident these past 7 years? Someone would be suing your ass off, for the property damage caused, if nothing else.

So, pal, do the world a favor: stay off the roads, keep your wife off the roads...and please, please, please....don't breed. Stupidity such as displayed by you and your wife should simply end with your generation. Just wade out of the gene pool, get a vasectomy and everyone will be much better off.

I now return the thread to it's regular discussion of pie.

Tony Gainey
08-12-2005, 06:45 PM

uhm, Tony....hate to bust *your* bubble, but I highly doubt Cyr was speaking on your behalf. In fact, if I know him, he was being sarcastic towards you.

And as i can't speak for everyone, I know that *I* continue on with the pie references as I just am tired of seeing this article come up and we'd rather talk about something more interesting.

I could be wrong, it's been known to happen.

There are many other threads to read if you don't like this subject. Just because *you* and *your* friends don't want to talk about something doesn't give you the right to stop others who do. Of course Ysobelle will probable close this one now, like she did the other one. No wonder *you* don't get what this is about...you really don't understand FREEDOM OF SPEACH - 1st Amendment also!

These threads are for people to be able to discuss their opinions for or against the topic in general. Not everyone agrees with every thread that is posted and since this is previlant in the news and relivent to todays politics this is somewhat understandable. But as many of you have quoted about other people jacking this thread (jacking is my word) are you not doing the same with your childish pie ideas. Quit *trolling* and get a motel room.

Please this thread for the discussion of this topic. If you would like I will start a thread for everyone on *pies* or I will start one titled *let's bash everyone*, but that is not the purpose of the is thread, or any of the other ones I have read is about. It is for civil discussion.

Tony Gainey
08-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Personally...I'd like to see this thread return to where Ysobelle was talking about licking pie off my face.

I understand...but since I am a married man...and my wife does read these forums...Enough said. It's a Guy thing. LOL

Pathos
08-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Sooooo many things in that last passage to tear apart. But I'll just go with this one...

you really don't understand FREEDOM OF SPEACH
Believe me Tone...Sarah understands freedom of speech (not "speach" btw).

It's that same freedom that allows her to ignore you or to talk about pie instead of listening to yet another session of "Yes you did." "No I didn't." "Yes you did." "No I didn't." which is pretty much all this topic has consisted of.

Now...back to pie. 8)

Pathos
08-12-2005, 06:55 PM

I understand...but since I am a married man...and my wife does read these forums...Enough said. It's a Guy thing. LOL
See? You're getting it. :lol:

Alianne
08-12-2005, 06:56 PM
[quote="Tony Gainey
There are many other threads to read if you don't like this subject. Just because *you* and *your* friends don't want to talk about something doesn't give you the right to stop others who do. Of course Ysobelle will probable close this one now, like she did the other one. No wonder *you* don't get what this is about...you really don't understand FREEDOM OF SPEACH - 1st Amendment also!.[/quote]

We understand Freedom of Speech and the First Amendment just fine, thank you...obviously, *you* don't; at least how it applies to privately owned and run website message boards. (and it's 'speech', btw...)

These are privately owned boards. The First Amendment doesn't apply here, legally. You are here because the Webmistress *allows* you to be here. Just like if you were in my home and no longer welcome, I can ask you to leave.

This is *our* home, as it were.

Just because *you* don't like the way the thread is going (the whole pie thing is our way of ignoring you, if you haven't figured that one out), then please, just go away. You're not a member of the Guild. Nor is your wife. You are only here to stir the pot. The Webmistress has the TOS posted. I wouldn't be surprised if you were in violation of same, and if so, she would have the right to ban you from the boards...and there's absolutely nothing you could do about it.

So, stir away.

We'll continue to bake pie.

Tony Gainey
08-12-2005, 07:02 PM
]Yes I do agree with you that some of our laws that protect our rights also help criminals get off on technicalities.

Okay, dude. Here's the deal. You fucked up by driving drunk and getting caught. You've made *no* attempt to accumulate any sort of money to legitimately get your license back (you've had *seven* years -- you couldn't have been putting money away in bits and pieces since your DUI bust? C'mon.........)

b) not save the money to pay the fines because you were *stupid* enough to get behind the wheel of a vehicle while trashed after getting arrested and convicted of DUI.

c) because you didn't save the money to pay the fines because you were *stupid* enough to get behind the wheel of a vehicle while trashed after getting arrested and convicted of DUI, you then made the conscious decision to drive without a legal license.

d) because of said above stupidity, your insurance company either dropped you or put you in the 'assigned risk' pool, causing you to pay more money. You let the insurance lapse and are stupid enough to continue running the vehicle on the road.

e) you and your wife are stupid enough to drive an unregistered vehicle with expired tags *in full view of everyone*. Asshat, you're lucky you weren't stopped years ago!

f) you and your wife are stupid enough to drive a vehicle with expired tags *in full view of everyone*, you get pulled over by a local cop who -- gee -- happens to notice that your car has expired registration tags.

g) because you and your wife are stupid enough to drive a vehicle with expired tags *in full view of everyone*, you get pulled over by a local cop who -- gee -- happens to notice that your car has expired registration tags, he asks you for your license, along with registration and insurance card. NONE OF WHICH YOU HAVE. You have *no* license, *no* insurance, *no* registration.....REMEMBER?

The only 'transgression' is that the cop got a little zealous in his 'praise the Lord' routine. That's wrong, certainly....but I'll betcha that it wasn't your 'druid' bumper sticker that got you into trouble -- IT'S ALL THE TROUBLE YOU GOT YOURSELF IN BECAUSE OF THE INSANELY STUPID CHOICES YOU'VE MADE OVER THE PAST SEVEN YEARS!

Bottom line is this: Your car should never have been on the road in the first place. You should never have been driving your car which never should have been on the road in the first place. Had you and your car been where they legally should have been -- off the road someplace, *none* of this would have happened. None of it.

I work in auto insurance and asshats like you -- who get drunk behind the wheel, drive without licenses and without insurance on your cars make me puke. Do you know the damage you could have done to someone else -- and yourself -- if you had been in an at-fault accident these past 7 years? Someone would be suing your ass off, for the property damage caused, if nothing else.

So, pal, do the world a favor: stay off the roads, keep your wife off the roads...and please, please, please....don't breed. Stupidity such as displayed by you and your wife should simply end with your generation. Just wade out of the gene pool, get a vasectomy and everyone will be much better off.

Before you call anyone stupid get your facts straight.

1.) The plates were not expired.

2.) We had the registration paperwork because the car was and is registered.

3.) We were cited for not having the insurance paperwork with us, not for not having insurance.

It is interesting how people show their own stupidity by the statements they make when they assume to know what they are talking about when they have not even looked at the facts that are layed out in BLACK AND WHITE.

I do wonder why you think my wife should not be allowed to drive? She hasn't had a ticket since 1979. And since the car is legal (and our plates had been stolen/switched or whatever) should we take it to the junk yard to please you?

Cathbodua
08-12-2005, 07:14 PM

And what color is your sky?

Maybe a reality check is needed. You can do this almost painlessly by getting your facts right.

Always remember - Engage brain before opperating mouth.

Oh I just love people like you! You make me look and feel so smart!

Ysobelle
08-12-2005, 08:05 PM
I didn't shut the thread down because I don't like you, Tony. I shut the thread down because you and your carefully-culled brand-new-to-the-board friends had absolutely nothing to say except insult all of us. We don't agree with you, and all the insulting in the world from your team won't bring us over to your side. You want to assign blame for that, I'm afraid you're going to have to have a talk with your openly antagonistic, condescending, and rude group.The thread had devolved into you and your cadre of newbies ranting and raving at us in poorly-spelled English about how we didn't understand, and how sad we all were, and how superior all of you were because of your noble persecution. And you know what? I'm a Jew. You want to talk persecution complex, we have a few thousand years on you, so suck it up.

I'm sorry you didn't get the whole "We're talking about trivialities cos we're tired of hearing your whining," but I'll be more clear: we're talking about trivialities because we're tired of hearing your whining. You have the right to say whatever the hell you want, but there comes a time when you have to say, "Okay, these people are never going to agree with me, and it's time to stop trying to convince them." Once you pass that point, you're trolling, and that's against board rules. So please don't whine to the webmistress again-- she made me the moderator of this board because of you and your friends' conduct, and she agrees with my assessment.

I respect the ACLU, and I hope they don't get their asses kicked in court. In fact, I really do wish you and your wife and all your friends the best.

Somewhere else.

Dragonfly
08-12-2005, 08:08 PM
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD LOCK DOWN THIS DAMNED THREAD!

We've already had this dammed argument. Stop responding. You're rehashing what has already been discussed! Besides, what does it matter to a man who is nowhere near most of these folks what we think about what happened? We don't control what happened, we have no sway over what's to come in the future.

Please...please....please....DROP THE DAMNED SUBJECT!!!
Join up as rogue and wench and then maybe we can debate it, but right now all you're doing is taking up our bandwidth.

That's as polite as i'm going to be on this. The next step will require bleeps over words.

RichardMacHugely
08-12-2005, 08:34 PM
The coconut cream was so good, I went back and got a Pecan. It was just so-so.

Pathos
08-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Never been a big fan of Pecan pie.

Although my Mom does make a killer one every year for Thanksgiving.

8)

MaidenFaeSnow
08-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Peanut butter over here..

Yso...we love you!!

Magdalene
08-12-2005, 09:05 PM

Well well well....guess it's true what they say: Looks really aren't everything.

Magdalene
08-12-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm sorry you didn't get the whole "We're talking about trivialities cos we're tired of hearing your whining," but I'll be more clear: we're talking about trivialities because we're tired of hearing your whining.

You, my dear, rock.

Elsbeth McCoughllie
08-12-2005, 10:06 PM
:hearts: :hearts: :star: :star: :hearts: :star: :star: :hearts: :star: :hearts: :hearts:

* dusts her hands free of remaining faerie love and purification dust*
"our work here is done"
:wink:

Alianne
08-12-2005, 10:13 PM

Before you call anyone stupid get your facts straight.

1.) The plates were not expired.

2.) We had the registration paperwork because the car was and is registered.

3.) We were cited for not having the insurance paperwork with us, not for not having insurance.

It is interesting how people show their own stupidity by the statements they make when they assume to know what they are talking about when they have not even looked at the facts that are layed out in BLACK AND WHITE.

I do wonder why you think my wife should not be allowed to drive? She hasn't had a ticket since 1979. And since the car is legal (and our plates had been stolen/switched or whatever) should we take it to the junk yard to please you?

Okay, fair enough. I didn't go back to the original post. My bad.

OTOH, it appears you were pulled over because the plates on the car (you know, the ones you first claim weren't expired, then claim were stolen/switched) didn't have the appropriate registration stickers. The officer apparently discovered that the plates and the registration didn't match. (and yes, it sucks to have plates stolen -- it happened to me once but I went to the local police department immediately -- it was a Sunday morning, so I couldn't get to DMV until the following day -- filed a report and got a letter from the police saying that the plates had been stolen that day so if I got pulled over for not having plates on the car, I had official documentation to show)

In my state, that alone's enough to get you pulled over.

*Then*, the officer found that you didn't have your insurance card with you (you know, the one for the insurance *you* said was 'too expensive' after your DUI...so did you finally manage to purchase insurance?) *And* then, he also found your license was expired. You know, the one you haven't bothered to get reinstated *seven* years after a DUI.

If your wife has a valid driver's license, why wasn't *she* driving?

And don't say it was too much a hassle for her to always drive or anything. My late husband was without his license due to medical reasons for over a decade and I always drove. He was fortunate that he could walk to work -- and although he disliked his job -- it certainly wasn't what he got a Masters' degree for -- it was a decent paying, good benefits job that he could walk to. That was the sacrifice he made because a neurologist screwed up a medical report causing DMV to ask him to voluntarily surrender his license. My sacrifice was to *always* have to be the chauffeur until he got his license reinstated six months before he died.

So, is there another excuse out there?

Alianne
08-12-2005, 10:18 PM
And what color is your sky?

Maybe a reality check is needed. You can do this almost painlessly by getting your facts right.

Always remember - Engage brain before opperating mouth.

1. My sky is blue. I live under a sky where if you have plates with no regististration stickers on them, I can get pulled over. It's the same sky where I'll get ticketed for not having proof of insurance. The very same sky where I'll get ticketed if my registration doesn't match the plates that are on the car. And yes, the same beautiful sky where I'll get ticketed for driving without a license.

How about *your* sky?

2. I not only ate pie, but a little humble pie.

3. If you're so bloody smart, honey, why weren't *you* driving the car -- you're the one with the valid license?

3a. I drive with valid registration, insurance and license.

No matter what color the sky may be on any given day, that certainly makes me smarter than you.

Less whiney, too.

Tempest_Gypsy
08-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Pie near GARF!!

Marietta Diner north of Atlanta has the worlds best pies. The'yre like eight inches high and $5 gets you a slice that could feed twelve.

Mmmmmm. French Silk Pie.

Dairy queen is making Pie blizzards, now...

Alianne
08-12-2005, 11:36 PM
We had birthday cake for one of my co-workers today.

Not pie, but worth a mention. ;)

Now, if Dairy Queen would make a Buster Parfait pie.............

Pathos
08-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Why did you have to say that? You evil person you!

I've managed to avoid DQ for over a decade now!

"Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!!!"

8)

Lady Sarah
08-13-2005, 12:31 AM
I never met a pie I didn't like - as long as there was whipped cream to with it. gotta love whipped cream.

pathos - :smooch: I sure as hell do understand freedom of speech. and freedom of peaches as well. FREE THE PEACHES!! ooo peach schnapps... fuzzy navels...

Yso, you rock. :bow:

Tempest_Gypsy
08-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Why did you have to say that? You evil person you!

I've managed to avoid DQ for over a decade now!

"Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!!!"

8)

They have French Silk and Key Lime, and I forgot the other flavor. French silk is way yummy. And they put whipped cream on it!!!
Hey, why don't we have a whipped cream emoticon?!

Tony Gainey
08-13-2005, 11:59 PM
Okay, fair enough. I didn't go back to the original post. My bad.

OTOH, it appears you were pulled over because the plates on the car (you know, the ones you first claim weren't expired, then claim were stolen/switched) didn't have the appropriate registration stickers. The officer apparently discovered that the plates and the registration didn't match. (and yes, it sucks to have plates stolen -- it happened to me once but I went to the local police department immediately -- it was a Sunday morning, so I couldn't get to DMV until the following day -- filed a report and got a letter from the police saying that the plates had been stolen that day so if I got pulled over for not having plates on the car, I had official documentation to show)

In my state, that alone's enough to get you pulled over.

*Then*, the officer found that you didn't have your insurance card with you (you know, the one for the insurance *you* said was 'too expensive' after your DUI...so did you finally manage to purchase insurance?) *And* then, he also found your license was expired. You know, the one you haven't bothered to get reinstated *seven* years after a DUI.

If your wife has a valid driver's license, why wasn't *she* driving?

And don't say it was too much a hassle for her to always drive or anything. My late husband was without his license due to medical reasons for over a decade and I always drove. He was fortunate that he could walk to work -- and although he disliked his job -- it certainly wasn't what he got a Masters' degree for -- it was a decent paying, good benefits job that he could walk to. That was the sacrifice he made because a neurologist screwed up a medical report causing DMV to ask him to voluntarily surrender his license. My sacrifice was to *always* have to be the chauffeur until he got his license reinstated six months before he died.

So, is there another excuse out there?

As i see once again, try reading "annnd" understanding.
And PLEASE can we keep this cival, like adults would..

Nimue
08-14-2005, 12:10 AM
I just had to jump in on the subject of pie...

TURTLE pie...with caramel, pecans and chocolate...*drool*...
English toffee ice cream pie...
pumpkin sour cream pie with apricot preserves on the bottom...

piepiepiepiepiepiepie :lick:

Tony Gainey
08-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Brain waste as a result of brain freeze