Lady Laurie
12-11-2012, 03:24 AM
3960 Any thoughts?

MaidenFaeSnow
12-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Haircut.

Lady Laurie
12-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I'm a sucker for long hair though :)

LadyStacy
12-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Long hair? Just has to have it!

How are you gals loosing all that weight? I've tried eating lightly during the day but I pig out in the evening. So far I've gained 4 pounds. I think that I'm doing something wrong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lady Stacy

Lady Laurie
12-12-2012, 03:55 PM
I went vegan myself, but I just eat plant protein, fruits, vegetables, beans, legumes, and healthy fats. I avoid bread, pasta, and other simple starches and carbs because they screw around with my blood sugar too much and make me feel bad. I eat a healthy breakfast with plenty of protein. I don't drink juice because of the sugar. I've been finding that too many simple carbs and sugar interfere with my weight loss. I avoid chemicals and gmo foods (more chemicals), by going organic as much as possible. It seems to really help, I don't feel down in the dumps most of the time. I take my vitamins, and try to get as much sleep as possible. I try and drink as much water as possible, some days are more successful than others, (which I'm working on). Everything together seems to really help, especially avoiding chemicals and eating organic, and not skipping my vitamins. Sleep is especially important, along with the water.

LadyStacy
12-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Wait a minute ... 'healthy' fats. I've never heard of these. You pulling my leg or do I need to get out more often?

I like your approach to 'get as much sleep as possible'.

Hmmm, healthy fats and sleep. Now THAT sounds like a weight loss plan that I can do.

Seriously, my goal is to get down to a eigth of a ton (250 lbs) by the time of the next Ren Faire that I plan to attend. I need to shed a couple of lbs a week. Is this possible? Sure. I just need to eat better and to get off the damn couch. Winter is not typically an active time for most people but I am an active skier and go every Saturday. This is when I do get moving and loose some weight. I have to learn to eat better and stop going to the fast food places. Gee, why am I overweight?

Thanks so much for your insight.

Lady Stacy (Wench in Transition)

MaidenFaeSnow
12-14-2012, 10:50 PM
I had gastric bypass 17 months ago and through that I have learned the importance of high protein, low fat, low carb, very low sugar meal planning. I never have soda and very much limit zero-value foods, (white rice, white potatoes, flour pasta, etc.) 80 grams of protein every day and at least 48-64 ounces of fluids. No more than 14 grams of sugar per serving either. Part of this is because of the way I have to eat now but I have noticed that if my carbs get too high even for one day I'll put on a pound or two and when I cut them out I lose that weight super fast.

Thistle
12-15-2012, 05:19 AM
Healthy fat foods are things like avocados that encourage the production of HDL cholesterol and lower the LDL cholesterol. Your body needs some fats to work right- your brain is mostly fat. The brown adipose that helps your internal organs is a fat. So you want 'good for the brain and brown adipose' fats, and not the 'stores too much of the yellow, sub-cutaneous fats', fats.

Books can be your friend. If you are thinking of dieting, explore several different types of diets and consult your doctor which would be best for you. May I recommend the following books as places to start planning?

Fat Flush by nutritionist Ann Louise Gittleman
Wheat Belly by doctor William Davis
any Glycemic Index cookbook, or South Beach Diet cookbooks
Any online program that encourages you and offers support. If you are in Colorado, I cannot recommend Weigh and Win enough http://www.weighandwin.com/ Outside Colorado, Sparkpeople is a great site (Its the one I use, and its free) http://www.sparkpeople.com/ let me know if you sign up for that one (I get extra points for recruiting- name is Badgerdance there; friend me). There is also Weight Watchers Online http://www.weightwatchers.com/plan/www/online_01.aspx , but I believe they are pay-to-play.

And find a friend who needs to lose, too! Its easier with a buddy. As long as that buddy is not likely to lead you into temptation, that is.

Good luck!