PDA

View Full Version : I haven't been here in awhile ...

Mistress Sherri
01-06-2013, 09:36 PM
What happen to all the people? When I first joined the boards there was a post every few minutes, now it looks like a ghost town.

Thistle
01-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Sometimes the board is busier than others. Looks like this is your first post? Welcome!

renren
01-07-2013, 01:48 AM
:hi:Hello!

RedFox
01-07-2013, 02:38 AM
Hi there! :hi: Not as many people frequent the boards as they use to unfortunately.

LadyStacy
01-07-2013, 01:35 PM
I was thinking the same thing ... where is everybody?

I'm just hoping that everyone is dormant during the winter and waiting for warmer weather. I, for one, do not have an outfit with boots for the snow.

Looking forward to the Georgia Ren Fest in May.

Lady Stacy

Mistress Sherri
01-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

Several years ago I actually had an account and it was deleted and then I had a ton of problems getting it set up again and then I still wasn't able to post and I got irratated and stopped coming to the boards.

Recently my husband reminded me how much I loved coming here come reading all the many opinions of so many intriguing women(and some men), so I decided to try again.

LadyStacy
01-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Mistress Sherri,

I believe that the most important thing is that you're here now.

Welcome back.

I am really new here as well as being new to being a wench.

I'll be attending my first Ren Faire this May.

These forums are a source to help my inner wench to come out.

I hope that there'll be more activity here as the weather warms up.

Lady Stacy

Phoenix McHeit
01-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Many have left here in favor of facebook. I still check here a few times a week, but not every day, multiple times like I used to. Personally I really miss the discussions we had here. FB just isn't the same. Poop.

LadyStacy
01-09-2013, 12:35 PM
I've never been a fan of FB.
These forums would be so great if there was something going on.
I hope things pick up in the springtime.
Lady Stacy

RedFox
01-09-2013, 10:51 PM
I miss the discussions as well. FB just doesn't seem to really cut it imho.

Buxom Wench
01-10-2013, 06:45 AM
I've opted not to join any wench group on FB.
The little time I was in a group, it just wasn't the same sort of interaction as it is on here.
I check in here daily and keep hoping more will come back to make this what is use to be.

LadyStacy
01-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Ladies,

I am a newbie and I have so many questions. Where to start?

On the day of the Georgia Ren Fest (garenfest.com) near Atlanta in May I imagine myself getting ready and lacing up my corset (I've heard that if you can still breath that it isn't tight enough). Making sure that everything is just right and drive the 1/2 hour to the festival.

Show up, park the car, pay admission and walk in. THEN WHAT HAPPENS?

Can someone PLEASE fill me in on how these work? I've been to ren fairs before but never as a wench and I didn't really watch any wenches to see what they did, how they did it or with who they did it. I don't want to spend the day wandering aimlessly and missing out on somethng.

I'm sure that it is a simple thing and that I am overcomplicating this but I want to make the most of this event

Thanks so much for your help.

Lady Stacy

LissaRoisin
01-20-2013, 09:57 AM
I havent been here in awhile either. So you aren't alone.

shyanwench
01-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Wow! Must be the day for Returning Wenches... I haven't been on in a while either... My New Year's Resolution was to re-visit at least once a week. So here I am. :cheer:

Lady Sarah
01-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Why did everyone leave? D-R-A-M-A. WAY too much of it.

RedFox
01-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Why did everyone leave? D-R-A-M-A. WAY too much of it.

Yea.... there is that. There seemed to be a lot of that going around when I joined the forums.

LadyStacy
01-21-2013, 08:55 AM
As a newbie on this board, and to wrenching, I am doing my best to reactivate things by asking LOTS of questions. I am hoping to stir up some activity, and to get answers. While there is a pulse out there some of my questions still haven't had a reply.
I just hope that everyone is dormant for the winter months and this place will be buzzing with discussions soon.

Lady Stacy

RedFox
01-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Lady Stacy,

Unfortunately I can't tell you how things are at Georgia ren fest. At the PA one I tend to go and sign in at the hostel, chat with wenches I see, participate in wench walks (if we are having one) and wenches (if we have one) as well as just enjoy the festival. But that's me at my faire. It might be best to find someone from your local to see roughly how things go around your faire. (I'm not sure to what your local number is though - sorry about that dear :( )

LadyStacy
01-21-2013, 03:10 PM
Ahhh, There IS a pulse.

RedFox, thanks for the reply on how things work ar your faire. I imagine that things are somewhat similar at these events but the rules do differ. I will need to get some info on my specific faire but your explanation is a great help.

I've contacted guest services for the Georgia Ren Fest about restrooms (read my bio for details as to why I ask). The woman that replied to me was very nice and could only answer about the event and venue so I, at least, have some inof to go on. BTW - Porta-Potties

I'll keep trying to get info specific to a hostel for the Georgis Ren Fest.

Thanks for sharing.

Lady Stacy (waiting for my IWG#)

Bean
01-22-2013, 02:17 PM
At least on these boards there is a chance of intelligent discussion. FB is all flamewars, trolls, and nastiness.

LadyStacy
01-22-2013, 02:22 PM
I've never been a fan of FB, mostly for the reason you pointed out.

So, when does the intelligent discussion start ;)

Lady Stacy

RedFox
01-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Start a topic. I'm sure we could all go off in all sorts of directions.

Mistress Morigianna
04-11-2013, 03:32 AM
waves! Hello everyone again!